Hidden Entry 5

That Particular Boy

06.09.2014 (Saturday)

I almost got found out by my parents! Thanks to my brother, no doubt.

Squishy wasn't free on that day, so I decided to just stay home and watch anime and Korean dramas all day rest. I wasn't very productive, just spent the whole day lazing around in my room. That might be the reason why my mother was nagging at me during dinner time to spend my time more wisely while I was still young.

“Yes, I know. I’ll go revise my schoolwork after dinner, okay?”  I said half-heartedly. I mean, who were we kidding? Who actually does work on a Saturday night? (Okay maybe I did sometimes but that was only when I had tests on the next week.)

“I saw noona last Saturday with a guy in a shopping centre.” The older of my two younger brothers, Soobyung, blurted out to my surprise. He saw?!

“A guy?” My father raised a brow questioningly.

“He’s my friend!” I defended while giving my brother a kick under the table. He jolted up from the blow, but he didn't mention anything, instead he just chuckled.

“But what were you doing with him there?” My mother asked before bringing a spoonful of rice to .

“Um… a project work.” I quickly came up with a lie.

“The guy looked older than noona was!” My brother exclaimed. God, I wanted to strangle him so bad.

“Looks can lie! He’s my classmate.” I swear I could be awarded with the title “Best Liar to Parents”.

“But I don't remember you bringing much out of the house last Saturday…” My mother thought back to that day.

“He brought most of the materials.” There came another lie.

“Okay, I believe you. However, if you really did get a boyfriend, I wouldn't mind. As long as you continue to do well in school, it’s not exactly a problem.” She said before continuing to eat.

“Uh okay.” I let out a nervous laugh before tucking in.