Entry 36

That Particular Boy

08.09.2014 (Monday)

How nice of Jongjae to drop by the shop for their date.

I was busy doing my homework on the table at the corner of the kitchen when I heard a ruckus from the front of the shop. The noise only got louder as I waited, which was why I dropped my pen onto the table and peered out to see what was happening.

I crossed my arms at the sight of Squishy denying entry to Kai and Hwajae laughing continuously nearby. “You guys are very noisy.”

“Hyung doesn't want to let us in!” Kai whined while trying to push Squishy away from the slot they were going to enter through.

“And they’re… trying to… wrestle each other…” Hwajae chortled in between breaths.

“This hyung’s pretty strong for his short frame.”

“Did you just call me short?” Squishy frowned, not believing his ears.

“Alright children, stop fighting.” I broke them up with much effort, and Hwajae was just standing there watching. Pulling Squishy back, Jongjae took the chance to enter the shop.

“It would’ve been easier if he allowed us to enter in the first place.” Kai pretended to sweep dust off his shirt.

“Why are you two here anyway?” I asked, with both my hands on either side of my hips.

“Mini-date. Can you get us drinks?” Hwajae was still trying to catch her breath from all the laughing.

“The two of you are not allowed in here.” Squishy grumbled while he went to fetch two cups and started to prepare their drinks.

“So is Jihyun. We’ll leave after a while.” Kai said.

“So how are you progressing?” I questioned, eyeing them.

“What do you mean ‘how’?”

“I mean, did anything interesting happen between the two of you?”

“Not exactly.” Hwajae gave her signature shrug.

“Not exactly?” I raised a brow.

“Nothing interesting happened.”

“Hm yeah, like I’ll believe you.” A smirk hung on my face.

“Believe what you will.” She waved me off.

“By the way, what are you planning on majoring in university?” I rested my head on my hand, watching Hwajae as she fumbled with the contents of her bag, as if looking for something.

“Dance, don't know which university though, you?” She answered without looking up, hands still digging through her bag.

“Business, most probably.”

“Like hyung?”

“Yeah, but I haven’t decided on the university too.” Right when I completed my sentence, Hwajae yanked out the item she had been searching for; her earpiece.

“Here are your drinks,” Squishy placed the cups on the table close to them, “so what did you guys talk about?”

“Oh nothing much.” Kai replied before I could say anything.

“We’ll be going now, thanks for the drinks!” The two grabbed their drinks and sprinted off.

“You’re not going to pay?” Squishy yelled after them.

“We’ll take it as a treat from you, hyung!” was heard as their backs disappeared in the distance.