Entry 25

That Particular Boy

22.08.2014 (Friday)

Oh my god, someone please hold me down because I cannot calm down. Today is the first official time our hands locked.

Squishy stayed until my shift ended again, since he wanted to have dinner together. The hour before the end of my shift went by agonisingly slow, causing me to just stare to the clock and will the time to pass faster. The ahjumma came back early, to my relief, and off we went to the nearby shopping centre.

Making our way to the food court, we ordered our food from the same store before taking a seat at one of the tables close-by.

“So, school’s starting in about a week…”

“Oh my god, don't remind me. I didn't even get to rest during the summer break.” My lips curved into a pout, causing him to reach over to pinch my nose lightly.

“You should’ve rested at home instead of working at the shop then.” The way he said it made him sound like a parent chiding his child.

“Would you have preferred me to stay at home or to work at the shop?” I tilted my head.

“For me, I will prefer if you… worked at the shop.” A coy smile crept to his face.

I smiled, secretly contented with the answer. Imagine what would happen if I didn't starting working; I wouldn't even have started a relationship with Squishy.

We ate in comfortable silence for the rest of the meal and left the place as soon as possible as my parents were rushing me home.

“Can I send you to the bus stop?” Squishy asked when we were at the entrance of the shopping centre and about to part.

“It’s okay, you don't have to if you’re rushing back too.” I rejected politely even though I wanted him to do it. I had to think of his well-being as well, and not just myself.

“I want to.” He stated firmly.

“Then you can, I guess? Let’s go?” I gestured for him to follow me in the direction of my bus stop.

We didn't speak to each other while proceeding to the stop either. I started humming a tune halfway there, since it was quiet and there was no one in sight, with Squishy joining in gradually. By then, we were side-by-side, walking in the same pace. I could feel our hands touch, and I was contemplating on whether to hold his hand. I didn't get to think it through when I felt his hand slip into mine.

To be honest, I was so surprised that I almost jumped. I didn't expect him to make this slight move in this situation, but then again, I was thinking about it too. Oh silly me.

When we arrived at the stop, he didn't let go and continued to interlock his fingers with mine. My inner self was squealing non-stop and I wished that we wouldn't have to let go forever. But of course, that wish didn't (and couldn't anyway) come true when the bus came rolling in.

“Goodbye, Kyungsoo-oppa.”

“Bye, Jihyun.”