Hidden Entry 4

That Particular Boy

31.08.2014 (Sunday)

No, I’m dying out of happiness right now.

All I can say is, my first kiss was taken, and it was so romantic (at least to me).

Well, I can say that my summer break ended well.

I decided to mute the chat group for a while because the rest of them were busy reminding me about how I wrote that Squishy’s was cute when I was drunk (and with their “a drunk man’s words are a sober man’s thoughts” theory, I couldn't exactly create a rebuttal, pun intended).

School was starting the next day, so of course I had to make the most out of my last day of summer break. I went out with Squishy, as always, though we didn't visit any place fancy. All we did was take a stroll in the nearby park, grab lunch, steal children’s childhood fool around in the playground and other things.

When it was approaching night time, we stopped at a cafe near my house to get some coffee. Halfway through our drinks, a bolt of lightning struck, with the sound of thunder following not long after.

“I didn't bring an umbrella.” I said, with a cheeky smile spread across my face when it started pouring heavily.

“Neither did I.” Squishy chuckled. “I guess this is where you go home?”

“I don't want to though…” I whined as a pout replaced the smile I had.

“It’s getting late,” he stated, “and you have school tomorrow.”

“Okay then…” My shoulders deflated before rising again when an idea popped in my head. “Since we don't have an umbrella, do we run through the rain?”

“Should we?” Squishy’s eyes twinkled.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the cafe without warning. Just seconds after we left, we were drenched from head to toe, and we were shivering from the cold. Luckily, my house was not very far away, so a couple minutes of running would take us there.

Midway, Squishy stopped in his tracks abruptly, causing me to crash into his back since I was running at full speed behind him.

“Are you alright?” He turned around to engulf me in a hug.

“Yeah.” I wiped the raindrops off my face. “Why didn't you continue?”

“Because…”

Our eyes locked as his face inched closer, causing my heart to palpitate faster and faster. Was this it? Closing my eyes, I waited for his lips to land on mine, but it never came. I opened my eyes and peeked out to see his wide eyes staring at me.

“Why-”

I was almost about to ask him why he stopped, but he cut me off by crashing his warm lips into mine. I originally didn't know how to respond, since it was my first kiss and all, but I copied Squishy’s movements and soon, we were legitimately kissing. Like we were seriously kissing. Oh my god I’m freaking out.

We didn't let it get too heated, because in the end we still had to get out of the rain and I still had to go home, although Squishy did give me another peck on the lips before I reached my doorstep.

I would have said that my summer break was fulfilling, wasn't that right?


Hey guise, sorry for the irregular updates. If you asked me to give a word to describe this and the last week, it would be ‘ugh’. I had exams so I needed to study, plus other stuff I had to settle… I promise that updates will gradually go back to being regular within the next two weeks, so do continue supporting this story! I also realised the entries have been becoming sloppier (I rushed them out as fast as I could), sorry about that…

Anyways, major progress in Squishycookies here (squeals!), which means that Jongjae will appear more often for the next few chapters! Sorry if it , I’m not good with writing kiss scenes >< To be honest, I’m running out of ideas, so maybe you guise can suggest a few scenarios for me? ;) We’re actually more than halfway through already (aw and yay), and just a spoiler, the ending is not what you would expect. That’s all, bye!

-Jihyun