Hidden Entry 1

That Particular Boy

03.08.2014 (Sunday)

Who knew I could see Squishy on the weekends as well? I have Kai to thank to be honest. But I can’t deny that he can be really annoying at times, so can I thank him with a punch to the face?

That movie was nice, but watching it with Squishy made it even better!

And I wouldn't say that singing and dancing is my forte, but I’m not half-bad at them.

I was lazing around in bed, like how I would every Sunday, until I heard a notification from my phone. Of course, I was hoping that Squishy sent that text, but I was disappointed.

From Kai:
Yo Jihyun, you free today?

From Jihyun:
Why?

From Kai:
I’m watching a movie, Kyungsoo’s coming too. You want to come?

From Jihyun:
I’m sensing a motive…

From Kai:
Can you help me ask Hwajae too?

From Jihyun:
I knew it! Fine, I’ll help.

From Kai:
Thanks! You’re the best!

Okay, maybe I wasn't as disappointed after I found out that he just invited me to go watch a movie with him and Squishy.

Opening my conversation with Hwajae, I asked her if she wanted to join us. I received a reply from her after a few minutes, saying that she agreed.

I headed out after thirty minutes of picking out an attire and preparing. Hwajae and I planned to meet somewhere close to our homes before travelling to the mall (with the theatre in it), since we lived pretty close to each other. After about a half hour of riding the bus, we hopped off and started looking out for the boys.

From Jihyun:
Where are you? I can’t find you.

From Kai:
We’re at the food store near the theatre.

From Jihyun:
Oh I see you.

The both of us walked towards the table where Squishy and Kai were sitting at, then I plopped down beside Squishy while Hwajae took a seat beside Kai.

“Jihyun?” Squishy sounded as if he was very surprised that I was there.

“Hey.” I greeted.

“Are you here to watch a movie too?” He tilted his head, confusing me. I thought he knew?

“Oops, I may have forgotten to tell Kyungsoo that you two were coming, sorry about that.” Kai laughed nervously. “Oh wow it’s starting soon, why don't we go now?”

“Let’s go.” Hwajae said in a sing-song tone.

The group of us went into the cinema and entered the screening room. Kai pushed past us and took Hwajae along with him, leaving us at the steps while they made their way to the seats. Hwajae sat down first, with Kai beside her, then Squishy took his place beside him, which means that I would be sitting beside Squishy.

The huge pack of popcorn was shared by all four of us, but each pair had a drink to themselves. Due to the awkward sitting arrangement (which I strongly believe that Kai had purposely planned it), I had to share it with Squishy and Hwajae had to share it with Kai. That sneaky bastard.

It was all going well until a make-out scene appeared. I cleared my throat before reaching out for the drink, unaware that Squishy was doing the same. Our hands touched, which caused us both to look up at each other. I quickly retracted my hand and looked away, secretly thanking the darkness for hiding my pinked cheeks. Unfortunately, the scene lasted for at least ten minutes, so I had to restrain myself from turning my head in the direction of Squishy for the whole duration in case we locked eyes again. It would be so awkward!

The movie didn't last very long, so we found ourselves outside in one and a half hours. Kai suggested that we went somewhere to hang out for a while before heading home, to which Squishy mentioned there was a place nearby that we could go and he could lead us there. And you probably could guess that Kai would not stop teasing me throughout our journey there.

“Sharing a drink is an indirect kiss, you know.” Kai smirked at me before looking at Squishy.

“You shared with Hwajae too, so keep quiet.” I retorted.

“Someone’s being shy~”

“Kai,” I said his name with the gentlest voice I could muster before snapping, “shut up.”

“We could camp here.” Squishy announced when we arrived at an empty outdoor hall.

“Ooh this place is cool!” I exclaimed, with Hwajae agreeing by giving a small nod.

“Although it’s hot.” Kai complained, to which I told him to it up.

“So the competition is next week huh?” Squishy mentioned, causing me to tense up. So the competition was less than a week away…

“Yeah, I’m excited and scared at the same time.”

“Do you want some tips on how to sing better?”

“Um okay, I guess…”

“And this is where we leave.” Kai mentioned while pulling Hwajae away from us. I noticed her blushing when he held her wrist. Pfft, and she teases me about Squishy.

“Where are you going?” I questioned, quirking an eyebrow.

“Oh we won’t be far.” They relocated about ten metres away

“Can you sing a part?” Squishy requested.

I nodded before singing the chorus of "Darling" by Girl's Day. "So how was it?"

"It was great, but you need to learn how to control your voice better when transitioning, so it doesn't go out of tune. And if you cannot handle the high notes, don't force yourself."

I sang it again, taking his advice and applying it to improve. "Better?"

“Yes, that’s it! Now do it for-”

Squishy’s words were interrupted by the sudden burst of music from the direction of Kai and Hwajae. We snapped our head towards them, to which they returned apologetic looks.

“We’ll move further so we won’t disturb you!” Hwajae informed.

I continued practising the song I selected for the competition, with Squishy correcting some of the mistakes I made. He told me that because my voice was deeper than other girls, it was okay if I lowered the higher keys to suit my vocal range, as long as it sounded nice. I ended up just lowering the key of the whole song so I could sing it easier.

I made Squishy sing the song he picked too, and I just sat there enjoying the sound of his voice. He paused halfway though.

“Is there something wrong?”

“Uh no!”

“Then why are you looking at me like that?”

“Um…” I had absolutely no reply. I didn't even notice that I had been staring at Squishy so hard that he stopped! Speaking of which, I must have looked like some gawking fangirl when I was listening to him sing.

“Yo, so Hwajae and I came up with a routine, help give some comments?” Kai approached us, saving me from having me to explain why I was looking at Squishy weirdly.

“Okay.” Squishy and I said at the same time.

Kai set his phone down on the ground after starting a song. By then, Hwajae was already in her position. They moved to the music in sync, causing my mouth to drop open. I never knew that Hwajae could dance like that, and who knew that Kai would have such a talent for it? In my honest opinion, I thought they looked great dancing together. Squishy apparently shared the same thoughts as me, because he gave me a lopsided smile.

“There!” Hwajae exclaimed when they were done.

“It’s good!” I clapped before suggesting something that could improve their sequence, “but I think you can add a partner move where both of you interact and you know that part where you place your right foot front then move forward? Instead of spinning around alone, Kai can go backwards immediately then take her hand and twirl her around before both of you slide away from each other. With style of course.”

“That’s actually a pretty good idea.” Kai agreed as he tried following what I said.

“Hey, we weren’t in dance club in middle school for nothing.”

“You two were in dance club?” Kai asked with disbelief.

“Would you like us to perform a snippet of our routine for you?”

“Go ahead.”

I searched for the music we used for our dance on my phone and blasted it. I let the music take over my body as I moved my limbs according to beat, with Hwajae mirroring my movements. There were a few manoeuvres I forgot, but I made up for it with some I made up on the spot. When the song ended, we struck fabulous finishing poses, in which we broke out in laughter afterwards.

“Not bad.” Kai nodded and Squishy gave two thumbs up from behind him.

“Told you we weren’t in dance club for nothing.” I hi-fived Hwajae.

“Wait, you said middle school. So what club are you in now?”

“She’s in art club, I’m in drama. Sometimes we ask them for help in our props.” I shrugged casually.

“Why don't you act out a part here?”

“That would be for another day.” I didn't want to start acting after using so much of my energy to dance, and I definitely didn't want to appear like some fool talking to myself in front of them.

“So where were we?” Squishy asked. “I think you two can continue practising your routine with those new moves Jihyun suggested while we continue to practise our songs.”

“Oh? They want their couple time now, let’s not disturb them further.” Kai teased as he proceeded away from us with Hwajae.


Hey hey hey guise! I said that I may add weekend entries from time to time, so here's the first one!

Darling by Girl's Day is awesome, please do listen to it. I'm totally serious. XD

P.S. I was supposed to update yesterday, but I started binge-watching anime and I kinda put it off until night time... Sorry about that :P

P.P.S. I wrote this at 4am...