Entry 42

That Particular Boy

16.09.2014 (Tuesday)

I think Soojoon has really moved on, considering he’s all cool with Squishy and me (I think).

Also, the way Jongjae bicker is seriously worth watching. No kidding.

“Jihyun-ah!” I heard my name being called from where the counter was in the middle of writing my essay (homework again ugh).

“Yes?” I paused in my work and headed out, but I froze when I saw Soojoon in front of the counter.

“Hi Jihyun.”

“So he’s here.” Squishy shrugged casually. “I’ll let you two talk.”

“There’s no need,” Soojoon stopped Squishy from leaving us alone, “I just came here to get something to drink.”

Squishy took the liberty of preparing his drink for him, while I accompanied him in waiting awkwardly.

“You sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah, a rejection won’t kill me.”

“You’re cool about it, as always.”

“You know me so well.”

“Be honoured.” I stuck my tongue out at him, earning a soft chuckle to erupt from him. I guess we had our friendship back?

“Your drink.”

“Thanks man,” he dropped the money off, “treat her well, okay?”

“You have my word.” Squishy wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. Soojoon gave us an unreadable smile before leaving.

“No, I hate you. Get far away from me.” Right after Soojoon was out of sight, a familiar voice rang nearby. It wasn't hard to guess who it was, or more precisely, who they were.

“But babe-”

“Shush. I don't want to hear you.” Hwajae squeezed past me only to throw herself on one of the chairs in the kitchen, with Kai sitting not far away from her.

“What happened between you two?” I took a seat between the couple, slinging my arms on either of their shoulders. “Having fights already?”

“This guy threatened Ri eung when he sent me out to the gate.”

“Ri eung?” I let out an amused chuckle. “Just threatened?”

“He almost punched him!” Hwajae exclaimed with an exasperated cry.

“That’s because he said something to agitate me!” Kai huffed, crossing his arms.

“So what did he say?” One of my brows lifted. I was obviously interested in the details of their ‘encounter’ with each other, and Squishy seemed to have the same sentiments as me, because he scooted closer to the trio that was us just to listen better.

“He told me that he had a better chance with her than me, since he spends more time in school with her!” Kai growled, fists balling.

“Jealous much?” Squishy laughed, which wasn't exactly helping the situation. Plus, he earned death-glares from both of them.

“That’s a lie, really.” I thought back to the times in school; Hwajae spent most of her time with us. “Then what did you do to him?”

“He shoved him to a wall in front of so many schoolmates! Now I can never face anyone in school! And I think the teachers are going to confront me tomorrow about that.” Hwajae buried her face in her hands, muffling her cries.

“He’s just being protective is all.” I patted her shoulder.

“I was going to warn Ri eung to back off in a civilised manner, but he just went ahead, getting all physical with someone else.”

“But Ri eung really crossed the line there.” I commented.

“Exactly.” Kai agreed almost immediately.

“I still hate you.” Hwajae rolled her eyes at no one in particular.

“But I love you babe.”

“Well if you love me, then you wouldn't have embarrassed me!”

“Though I understand how he felt at that point of time, I’m not going to side with anyone.” Squishy finally said something else.

“It’s alright, it’ll blow over soon.” I added. “Now can you two kiss and make up already?”

“We haven’t kissed, and we’re not going to if he continues to be so physical with my schoolmates.” Hwajae held a finger out in a manner that was between sassy and annoyed.

“But you both are going to eventually.” Squishy said, and again, it didn't help, only succeeded in earning daggers shot out from both of their eyes. “Well, if it helps, you can punish Kai for acting rashly.”

“May I think of the punishment?” I asked, with a mischievous twinkle in my eyes.

“I don't want to punish him for something I was at fault too.” She muttered to herself, but the rest of us heard it.

“Then what do you want?” Kai asked hopefully, since she said she didn't want to punish him, so it was considered a good sign to him.

“Don't talk to me, idiot.”

“But I love talking to you babe.”

“Are you guys fighting or flirting? Because I don't feel a lot of anger.” Confusion was evident on my face.

“We’re fighting!” Hwajae turned to Kai from me. “And you! One more time you do that, I will seriously ignore you for a whole month!”

“So I’m forgiven?” Kai attempted to wrap his arms around her, but the only response he got was a punch to the stomach.

“Don't touch me!”

“Is this what we should be getting used to?” Squishy and I shared a look.

“But babe-”

“I said don't touch me!”

“Definitely.” We uttered at the same time, with laughter following afterwards.


I'm sorry for updating late today, AFF kept crashing on me so I couodn't save the chapter... Sorry again...

-Jihyun