Entry 23

That Particular Boy

20.08.2014 (Wednesday)

So, second day into the relationship and I have no idea what to do?

For some reason, both of us seem to be more hesitant on skinship after we got together…

Is it normal?

If there was a word to describe my whole day at work that day, it was awkward.

Knowing that I was already in a relationship with Squishy somehow made everything awkward between us, it was like going back to the days when I haven’t learnt of his name. Although my friends’ visit to the shop helped a bit.

“Hey Jihyun.” He greeted when I arrived at the shop after my lessons at school. I was almost late because the teacher made us stay back longer.

“Hi Kyungsoo-oppa.”

“So we’re together now…” Squishy started, but didn't continue.

“Yeah…”

“So do you want to go somewhere after work?”

“Okay, why not?” I sent him a smile.

“Yo Jihyun!” Hwajae’s voice was heard while I was preparing myself for work.

“Why are you guys here again?” I asked as I tied my apron on.

“Why can’t we be here? We’re technically customers.” Ji ae gave me a look.

“Then order!”

“Yes, yes, we will.” They took their time in deciding what to order and after five minutes, they finally chose the drinks they wanted.

“Jihyun-ah, can you pass me the cups?” He pointed to the stack of cups on the table beside me.

“Shouldn't you be calling her ‘jagi’ already?” Kai teased from outside the shop.

Squishy took the cups from my hands, our hands touching when he was receiving them from me, causing me to retract it abruptly before blushing. Luckily, my friends didn't see any of that. He replied Kai’s question afterwards, “even if I wanted to, I will call her that in private.”

“Ooh~” All my friends gave one another suggestive looks.

I shut all their mouths up by giving them death-glares, but of course, the silence only lasted for a short while before they started talking about Squishycookies again. Speeding up my process of preparing their drinks, I finished them within five minutes.

“Here you go, now move along.”

“We still need to pay, right?” Kyomi pulled out her wallet from her pocket at a deliberately slow rate, with the others following her.

“Hurry up!” I exclaimed.

They ended up giving me the money after ten minutes of fishing for coins and notes while chattering among themselves, and I chased them away after that.

“Do they annoy you like that in school too?” Squishy asked when I plopped myself on one of the chairs.

“You have no idea.” I shook my head while sighing.