Entry 28

That Particular Boy

27.08.2014 (Wednesday)

I realised that while I’m okay with contemporary dance, I’m not good with ballroom dances.

For some reason, there were more customers than usual that day, which meant Squishy and I were busy rushing back and forth preparing drinks. When we finally got a break, we slunk on the chairs, feeling beat.

“Hey do you want to do something fun?” Squishy suggested, but I was feeling so tired that I didn't feel like doing anything. The fact that I slept at 1am the night before did not help either.

“I don't feel like it.”

“It’s pretty fun though.”

“What is it?”

“Stand up.” He rose from his seat, gesturing that I do the same. I grunted while heeding his instructions. “We are now going to dance.”

He didn't give me time to react when he placed my hand on his shoulder before sliding one of his arms around my waist, and holding my other free hand with his. “Now just follow my lead.” Squishy took a step back, and signalled for me to take one forward, to which I did of course.

We continued with the motions, with Squishy guiding me through. Though, I was too eager at times and that caused me to step on his toes for a couple of times.

“Now our left leg goes forward and- Ow!” He winced when I accidentally stepped on his foot yet again.

“I’m so sorry!” I apologised for the nth time. “I think we should stop here, I don't want to injure your feet…”

“No, how about we try something more daring, like Tango?” With that, he reached for my hairband and yanked it off my hair, letting my locks flow freely (and messily). Without warning, he pulled me much closer to him after spinning me a few times. Our eyes locked as he held me close.

Our little moment was ruined, however, when a distinct “Squishycookies!” was heard.

I quickly threw myself off Squishy and straightened my apron before heading to the counter. Sure enough, Hwajae and Kai were there, although the rest of the group weren’t there with them.

“You two are here alone?” I eyed them suspiciously. “I sense some Jongjae happening~”

“Doesn't matter. Why are you perspiring so much anyway?” Hwajae narrowed her eyes at me.

“More like, why are the both of you perspiring so much? Look at Kyungsoo-hyung.” Kai pointed at Squishy who just emerged from the kitchen. “What were you two doing in there?” He questioned in a very suggestive manner while wiggling his brows and exchanging looks with Hwajae.

“Stuff you don't have to know.” I poked both their foreheads.

“I see, stuff.” Kai placed emphasis on the last word while he his imaginary beard. “Though you shouldn't do stuff like that on the job, I can’t stop you I guess.”

“Stop suggesting things, Kai. I’m guessing the usual?” I asked, earning a nod from both of them.

I told Squishy their orders and he helped with most of the preparing while I was in-charge of sealing the cups. I gave the drinks to the giggling pair at the storefront as they dropped the money off in return.

While they were distancing themselves from the shop, I managed to whip out my phone and snap a few pictures of them. Oh how would the rest react when they knew Jongjae came to the shop alone?