Entry 21

That Particular Boy

18.08.2014 (Monday)

I get the feeling that Squishy is trying to tell me something, but he always stops before he continues anything. God, I’m kept in so much suspense.

“Hey Jihyun…” Kyungsoo started, causing me to stop midway preparing a drink.

“Yeah?”

“Never mind, you just finish up first.” I could see him contemplating on whether to tell me something or not, and it was making me anxious. I quickly poured the contents of the blender into the cup and sealed it, before giving the drink to the customer. After she had left, I went back into the kitchen and looked for Squishy.

“So you wanted to tell me something?” I took a seat beside Squishy while grabbing a drink I made for myself. I paid, of course.

“Uh I just wanted to ask you…” He stopped mid-sentence, causing me to grunt affirmatively for him to continue. “Um…”

“Go on?” I said before slurping on my drink.

“I wanted to ask-”

“Jihyun!” Someone interrupted Squishy from outside the shop.

“Oops, customer, or should I say, spy alert.” I half-expected my friends to be in front of the counter.

“Yo Jihyun! So what are you doing with Squishy in there?” Hwajae asked in a suggestive tone.

“We were just talking.”

“About what?” Kai wiggled his brows, to which I gave a what-the-hell look.

“I don't know because you interrupted before we could talk about anything!” I exclaimed, exasperated.

“Anyway, we want to buy a few drinks, that’s why we’re here.” Hyerin placed her palm right in front of my face to stop me from saying anything else. I took their orders and asked Squishy for help since there were five drinks to prepare.

“Look at them, working together side by side!” Eunmi squealed from outside the shop, making her words audible to us.

“I can hear you!” I yelled from inside.

“You were meant to hear it!” Kyomi’s response was what I got.

We finished preparing the drinks for them in no time, but they wanted to snoop around a little longer. I chased them off with much effort, before returning to the shop beside Squishy, where it was quieter.

“You didn't get to finish your question just now, so what was it?”

“It’s nothing much, really.”

“If you say so.” I shrugged it off even though I was really curious about what he was going to ask me.


Yo, I found out that the link for the spin-off “That Particular Chat Group” was not working, so here it is again. I hope it works this time!

Click me!

-Jihyun