Entry 13

That Particular Boy

06.08.2014 (Wednesday)

And Hyerin created a fan club for "Squishycookies" with a chat group. Kill me now.

My extra morning classes ended earlier that day as the teacher for the last lesson was absent, so it was cancelled. Taking this opportunity, I went to an eatery close to my school to have brunch (breakfast combined with lunch) with my classmates, which included Hyerin, Eunmi and Kyomi.

On the way there, we chatted about school and other stuff, though most of it was complaining how we had to come back for summer classes. The topic somehow gradually turned to Squishy, which led them to continuously pester me about how we were progressing.

"We're still just friends." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"I think they're more than friends, don't you think so too?" Hyerin asked Eunmi and Kyomi, earning approving nods from them.

"We're not." I grumbled.

"Time will tell, Jihyun." Kyomi patted my shoulder before speeding up to join Hyerin, who made her way to the front, leaving Eunmi and me lagging behind.

"I think the Squishycookies ship is going strong." Eunmi added with a teasing grin. "I hope you two will be together soon!"

"Eunmi, this thing has to be mutual, even if I like him, but he doesn't reciprocate my feelings, it's not going to work." I sighed loudly.

"So you're saying that you like him?"

"When did I-"

"I think he likes you too, so go for it!" She chirped, catching the attention of the two in front, causing them to stop in their tracks and reverse towards us to join in the conversation.

“I heard something about liking someone.” Hyerin gave me a smirk before turning to Kyomi, who had the same expression on her face.

“Squishy and Jihyun like each other!” Eunmi exclaimed, causing the lopsided smiles on their faces to spread even wider.

“No!” I retorted. “Can we please hurry and go eat because I still have work later?”

“She desperate to see her Squishy~” Hyerin said in a teasing manner.

I decided not to say anything else, lest they use my words against me.

When we were done with our meals, we headed back to the school, since the three of them wanted to stay a little longer to revise Mathematics. I had work, so of course I couldn't join them.

“Bye, see you tomorrow I guess.” I waved. However, before I could leave, Kyomi held me back to tell me something.

"Seriously Jihyun, if you don't get together soon, we'll do something about it." She stated firmly.

"What is that 'something'?" I taunted. There was no way she could do anything strange, right?

"Oh you'll see..." Hyerin flashed an evil smile before leaving with my other two friends.

Oh no, what was she going to do this time?

I thought hard throughout the course of the day, scared as my friends are capable of accomplishing weird things behind my back, which explained why I was staring off into space more often than usual. Squishy seemed to have noticed it, because he lightly shook me to snap me out of my daze when I reached out for the wrong ingredient for one of the orders.

“I think I’ll take over this one.” He took the half-filled cup from me and continued preparing.

“Thanks. Sorry.” I said absent-mindedly.

After he was done with the drinks for the customer, he snapped his fingers in front of my face before asking, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, sorry I’m a little off today.” I shook my head slightly.

“You mean a lot.”

“You can say that.”

“What happened?”

“Oh it’s nothing, just my friends fooling around and annoying me.” I let out a huge sigh.

“I see, don't mind them too much, they’re just kidding around.” He reached out to ruffle my hair.

“Yeah I know. Let’s concentrate better at work, shall we?” I sent a smile while fixing my fringe, earning one back from Squishy.

Well, I found out that night what Hyerin planned anyway; she created a chat group for the Squishycookies ship, adding anyone who might be related in any way inside.

That's another person on my hit list.


Yo guise, since Hyerin created a chat group, I decided to let you guise have a sneak peek of what they talk about inside. It may serve as entertainment too, whatever floats your boat XD. Visit it here!

-Jihyun