Entry 33

That Particular Boy

03.09.2014 (Wednesday)

I should never have gone to the party on Sunday, now I joon wouldn't get off my tail.

“Boo!” I pounced on Squishy, who was busy looking through some messages on his phone inside the shop.

“Ah you scared me.” He tucked his phone into his pocket before flashing a cheeky grin. “Now what can I do to you as payback?”

“I don't know~”

“Jihyun? Jihyun!” I heard my name being called from outside the shop right when Squishy was about to reach out and tickle my sides (no, we weren’t going to do what you were thinking of).

“You’re lucky.” He huffed.

“I know I am.” I stuck out my tongue.

I peered out to see who it was calling me, and I was unpleasantly surprised by the presence outside the shop.

“What are you doing here, I joon?”

“That’s I joon?” Squishy pointed a finger at him, eyes tracking him like how a predator would its prey.

“Yeah…”

“So you’re the jerk who brought Jihyun to a club and then left her all alone last Friday night?” Squishy was seething with anger by now. I tugged his arm to calm him down, but it didn't have any effect.

“I was taking care of her fine that night.” I joon stated, which only fuelled Squishy’s displeasure.

“If you took care of her well then you wouldn't have let her drunken self roam around the streets at night!” He exclaimed.

“It was a mistake, I was frantically looking for her but I couldn't find her.”

“Well, maybe you should get your eyes checked because I don't see how you can lose sight of a whole person! I let you and your friends be responsible of her safety and that was how it ended.” Squishy spat.

“I’ll never let that happen again, I promise!”

“Of course it’ll never happen again, because you’ll never get to see her again. Get far away from us or I swear you’ll pay.”

“I just need to talk to her for a while.” I joon’s tone turned serious.

“I don't think the two of you have anything to talk about, is that right?” Squishy turned his head to me, to which I nodded.

“You can’t keep me away from Jihyun, I will win her heart back someday.” I joon’s eyes flashed with determination, but that only caused me to retreat and hide behind Squishy.

“Until then, get lost.” The two males had a short stare-down before I joon finally decided to leave.

“Alright, calm down.” I caressed Squishy’s cheek, but his eyes were affixed to I joon who was walking away from the shop. “What happened is already history, let’s not brood over it, okay?”

“Didn't you hear what he said? He wanted to win you back!”

“And do you think I’ll go back to him?”

“I’m not sure…” Squishy’s head was down, and he was avoiding eye contact with me.

“Hey look at me. Do you trust me?” I lifted his chin so we were staring at each other.

“Yes.”

“Then you have nothing to worry about.” I leaned forward until my forehead touched his, our eyes not breaking contact. “I love you, and that will not ever change.”

“I love you too.” He whispered.

“So where were we?” I asked, referring to what he was planning to do before I joon interrupted.

“You know, I think I have a better punishment now.” A smirk replaced the frown he had.

“And what is that?”