Entry 40

That Particular Boy

12.09.2014 (Friday)

Ex-girlfriend alert!

Man, she’s rude.

“Kyungsoo-oppa, let me prepare some of the orders today!” I blinked repeatedly in an attempt to look cute while clinging on to Squishy’s arm.

“Don't you need to study?” His eyes darted to the extra books I had to carry in my arms because I couldn't fit them in my bag that I placed on the table right after I entered. The books were really heavy.

“It’s a Friday. I have the weekends to study.”

“Okay then.” He gave me a pat on the head. “Oh? There’s a customer at front, I’ll go first.”

I let him take the customer’s order while I threw my bag on the floor, close to the table. I was going to join him at the counter, and I hurried even more when I heard that person address Squishy by his real name.

“Hi Kyungsoo.” The person in front of the counter slid her shades off, revealing her face.

“Oh hi.” Squishy croaked.

“Kyungsoo-oppa, I can help-”

“No thanks, I just needed to talk to him for a while.” She sent a glare in my direction.

“About what?” I faltered a little, but I didn't back down.

“None of your business, student.”

“My business is her business, she’s my girlfriend.” He interlocked our hands together and raised them up to show her.

“I never knew you were into high school students.” She scoffed. “Were you so desperate after breaking up with me?”

Oh, ex-girlfriend.

“Excuse me, this is the first time I’m meeting you but you’re already creating such a bad first impression of yourself.” I snapped my fingers twice in front of her face.

“You should keep her reigned in and hold her tongue when she’s speaking to elders. This one’s rude.” She wagged her finger.

“Right now, I don't care if you’re an elder or a little girl, you stepped on my tail so you’re going to pay for the consequences. And who are you calling rude? You’re the rude one here, . What did Kyungsoo see in you in the past, honestly?” My voice increased in decibels with every word that left my mouth. Squishy seemed to be fairly shocked that I swore at her, but I was so infuriated that I didn't really care what I said anymore.

“Did you just swear at me?” She asked in disbelief.

“Hell yeah I did.”

“I thought you had better taste than this, Kyungsoo. After all, you only mingled with the upper class in the past.”

“He did have bad taste, in choosing to date you.” I spat. “But then he opened his eyes and right now, we’re happily in love with you being a prick about it.”

“Whatever, these relationships don't last long anyway.” She had that smug look on her face, but not for long.

“Just leave, poopface.” I rolled my eyes. I could clearly see that she was extremely insulted and Squishy was enjoying it as he was trying to hold in his laughter. No Squishy, you were supposed to help me fend her off, not laugh at a corner.

“This is not the last you’ll hear of me.” She wagged her folded sunshades in front of my face.

“I know, I hear crows squawking everyday.” A smirk formed on my lips when I saw her enraged expression.

Unable to form a proper counter-argument, she stormed off, not bothering to look back. Upon her leave, Squishy offered a hi-five, to which I accepted without hesitation. Dissing someone annoying sure was enjoyable.

“Wait, she said something about the upper class just now, what about it?” I asked, confused about what she said before leaving.

“She’s probably delusional, since she’s so caught up on marrying somebody rich.”

“That makes sense.” I nodded.

“You said I had bad taste…” His smile turned into a pout instantly.

“I was just kidding, although it’s somewhat true because it’s not a lie you dated her before.” His lips curved even further when he heard me.

“Do I still have bad taste?”

“I don't know, do you?”

“Do I?” He leaned in, placing a chaste kiss on my lips. “I don't think so.”


I finally caught up with the dates hooray!

By the way, when I was younger, I was in a fast-food restaurant with my brother and sitting opposite me were two Korean guys. I shrugged after my brother asked me a question, and they saw me do it, then they copied my action repeatedly and smiled at me asdfghjkl (they were pretty good-looking too XD). It was quite funny now that I think about it. Just thought I’d share something with you guise :)

-Jihyun