Hidden Entry 3

That Particular Boy

23.08.2014 (Saturday)

So Kai is getting desperate in his quest to woo Hwajae. He should be more grateful to me since I’m helping him.

I originally made plans to go out with Squishy that day, but Kai wanted to be a third wheel so he could get more information about Hwajae out of me. Of course, I didn't give him what he wanted so easily. I mean, he did sort of ruin my date with Squishy. And Squishy, having the same thought as me, played along as well.

“Just tell me what she likes!” Kai was sounding really desperate after trying to get something out of me for the past fifteen minutes.

“Kyungsoo-oppa, do you hear a fly buzzing?” I pretended not to hear his cry.

“Yeah I think so, we should give some feedback to the manager.” Squishy cooperated with me. I wanted to laugh so badly, but if I did then it would spoil our whole act, so I suppressed it as hard as I could.

“Are you two serious? Ignoring me like that?” Kai threw his hands in front of the two of us, hoping that we would at least spare his some of our attention.

“I think it’s getting worse.” Squishy said as he swung his hand across to Kai’s face, effectively hitting him in the cheek. I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore, and broke out in giggles. Very loud ones to attract unnecessary attention from other consumers in the fast-food restaurant.

“Now you’re laughing?” Kai said with a deadpanned expression, which just made me laugh even harder.

“I’m sorry, it’s just too funny.” I clutched at my stomach while continuing to cackle. I looked up to see Squishy in the same state as me.

“You can’t deny that it was indeed funny.” Squishy wiped tears (of joy) from the corners of his eyes.

“But seriously, I called you out to ask you things about Hwajae.”

“For the record, you didn't call me out, you were dead insistent on tagging along on our date, which means we don't exactly have an obligation to reply you. You could’ve texted me instead of talking to me face-to-face, you know?” I sassed.

“Ouch. True though.” Squishy added.

“It’s okay, I will endure this. I figured that asking you personally will be better than asking you through the phone, so throw me all your sarcastic comments if it means getting something good out of this.” A look of determination flashed across Kai’s face.

“You really like her huh?” I felt bad after seeing that he was so bent on achieving his purpose of the outing.

“Yes…”

“Fine, what do you want to know?” I put down the drink in my hand and stared into his eyes.

He began rattling off, “the food she likes to eat, the type of songs she listens to, the places she likes to visit, what she does when she’s sad, what she-”

“Whoa slow down there, one at a time.”

“Okay.”

In the end, the three of us spent three hours talking about Hwajae’s hobbies, likes and dislikes, and devised a plan for him to get her to be his girlfriend quicker. I felt like a bad friend at that time, but it was for her future happiness, so why not? Also, she couldn't deny that she liked him too, everyone could see it!

We spent another hour arguing about where we should hold double dates, making it a full four hours we spent in the restaurant, surviving on three almost-empty cups. I swear I could see the cleaner ahjumma giving us glances once in a while, as if she wanted to chase us away.

“So you two will be around here, and Kyungsoo-oppa and I will be in the radius of not more than ten metres away.”

“Why will you two be there?” Kai quirked a brow.

“We need to see how it goes so we can help you on the spot.” I said it like he should have known.

“Hm that sounds okay.”

“Of course it does, I was the one who thought of it.” I gave a proud smile, to which Squishy poked at my sides.

Kai started coughing into his hand while muttering, “too much display of affection.” His sentence caused us to fooling around and focus on his issues instead. “So when do we do this?”

“The weekend two weeks later maybe? It’s your job to get closer to her within this two weeks so the operation can go ahead smoother.” Squishy said.

“Okay, noted.” Kai gave an ‘okay’ sign.


Oops, sorry for disappearing for three/four days straight, I was busy with my exams… Here’s a bonus chapter to make up for it. :D

Also, you guise can head on down to my Ask.fm to ask me questions or if you want, get some spoilers out from me. ;) My username is immainspiritvip!

-Jihyun