Entry 38

That Particular Boy

10.09.2014 (Wednesday)

What happened with the ahjumma was awkward…

For some reason, all my teachers decided to go ahead and set homework for the day, which piled up to a gigantic amount by the end of the school day. That was why the first thing I did when I reached the shop was to start on it, although there were quite a few distractions in there, like Squishy talking to me halfway.

“It’s so heartening to see my jagi studying so hard~”

“Well, I do need a good score to get into the course I want.” I continued to scribble my answers down without looking up.

“So what course do you want to get into?” Squishy took one of my pens and fiddled around with it.

“Business.”

“Why don't you go to BASK?”

“But it’s in Seoul.”

“I came from BASK.” He dropped the pen he was playing around with, to which he picked up straight after and shoved it back into my pencil case.

“So you were originally from Seoul? Then why did you come here, to this humble neighbourhood?”

“Tired of the fast-paced life there, I guess. But if I didn't, I wouldn't meet you.”

“If I didn't buy the first drink, you wouldn't meet me anyway.”

“A lot of ‘ifs’.” He sighed.

“I’m still glad I met you.”

“Me too.”

I rested my head on his shoulder, and took in his scent. Gosh, he smelled good. Why didn't I notice that before?

“Ehem.” Someone coughed behind us, causing us both to instantly turn back. When we realised who it was, I immediately pushed myself off Squishy.

“We’re just- I’m- She- shop-” Squishy was stuttering really bad, even worse than when I first met him.

“I’m just checking on the shop, and I notice that you’re slacking, Kyungsoo-yah.” The ahjumma who owned the shop flicked his forehead, earning a soft yelp from him.

“I’m so sorry! If you want, you can cut my pay!” He bowed down, apologising profusely.

“Oh there’s no need for that.”

“I’m sorry too, I’m not supposed to be here…” My head lowered.

“It’s okay, you can continue staying here.”

“But…”

“No ‘buts’,” she then turned to Squishy, “I like this girl, treat her well, Kyungsoo-yah.” Needless to say, I blushed furiously upon hearing her statement.

“I will, ahjumma!” Right then, we looked like two small kids receiving approval from the elders.

“Goodbye kids, see you later.” She left through the backdoor, leaving Squishy and me to ponder about why she wasn't the least bit angry.