Farewell

Reactivate Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Merry Christmas to everyone!! Hope you enjoy reading this..

After thinking hard, she finally made her final decision. She called her manager, Gi Tae. Asking him for a help to end the contract earlier a few months than the usual date. She didn’t tell the exact reason for that, but she only mention she wish to volunteer for those in need. That was one of her bucket list and she wish to fulfill it really soon.

Since it’s a sudden decision that she made, Gi Tae can only assure of ending the contract within a day or two. On the exact date, she went to meets up with Myeok PD in the early morning and informed him that she wanted to leave the show.

"Why so sudden, Ji Hyo? I thought you like to be in the show?" Myeok PD was anxious of her sudden decision. He never heard of her leaving the show ever since she’s a permanent member in the show. He just knew her well and he knows that she really enjoy being part of the show.

"I just… I don’t feel of joining anymore. Age is catching up.." She gave a fake reason of leaving. She tried to give a smile though it’s hard for her.  "Joo Hyung-ah.. You need a better member to replace me."

"But.. That wouldn’t replace the original Ace that we knew in the show. It’s going to be tough for us." Myeok PD closed his eyes and thinks hardly, he looked at Ji Hyo and asked another question. "Do you prefer of taking one last episode before you leave?"

She has to say no, though she really wanted to participate one last time before she leaves. She’s afraid of changing her mind if she decided to be on the show. "I'm afraid not. I’m flying overseas by this week. As soon as I end my contract."

"And you only let me know by today??? Oh god…" Myeok PD raised his both hands as if he the lone survivor that surrenders in a huge war.

"I'm sorry for the sudden decision." She apologized. All she know that she got to leave really soon, before the other members finds out, including Kwang Soo himself.

Myeok PD put out a loud sigh and voiced out. "You know… At least you should let us know earlier, so we can have a farewell dinner or something." His tone sounded different, but it’s because of Ji Hyo’s decision to leave the show. It wouldn’t feel the same when one member left the show. Myeok PD wasn’t considerate about the dropped rating, but he just wanted all members to stay around, to the very end of the show.

She scratched her head and asked for a favor from her good friend. "I still haven’t let the others know about it. Can you let them know when they are here for the shooting?"

"Alright then, Ji Hyo. But I would say that they wouldn’t be please of that. Can you come over in another hour? So I can prepare the papers of your resignation?" She nodded as an agreement without thinking twice. She didn’t have plans on her schedule after all. "Well I guess we can have it once you are back right?" Myeok PD asked, about the farewell dinner.

"Yeah.. Definitely.. It’s good to be part of the team in the show. Especially with you, Myeok PD." She gave him a long hug, an appreciation for allowing her to be part of the show. Eventually, he gave as well. He patted on her back gently and speak.

"I'm going to miss you, Ji Hyo. Thanks for your hard work in the show for all these years."

_________________________________________________________

She actually hadn’t plan well about her life. She just knew that she need to leave everything that she had in this country. Her family was shock to hear that she’s going overboard without notifying them earlier.

She packed her luggage after meeting up with Myeok PD, getting ready for her upcoming plan. Her luggage was actually empty. She just packed a few clothing that she need for herself and that’s it. She sealed her luggage and placed it aside. Her first stop will be to Philippines, where she wished to visit Dave who lived in Baseco.

While she’s doing a double checking on her belongings, her door bell rang, With surprise, she spin the knob and swung open the door. Her eyes encounter on someone appeared outside of her house, her sister, Seong Yi.

"Seong Yi?? What are you doing here???" Ji Hyo questioned with full surprise of the uninvited guest who came over.

"Why? I’m here to make sure my sister doesn’t do anything stupid in her life." Seong Yi snorted and wrapped her arms against her chest. "Jong Kook oppa called me for some help. Just to look for you. He’s worry that you might do something stupid." She answered while stepping into the house and helped Ji Hyo to close the door.

 Seong Yi knew Jong Kook through SoYa since they were close friends. SoYa is Jong Kook’s niece and during a party event held on last New Year was the time they met for the first time.

"I'm not doing anything stupid okay???" Ji Hyo replied her sister sarcastically.

"Then good." Seong Yi lifted her hands with a good relief. "You make us worry like hell." Seong Yi’s eyes met on the luggage at the edge of the wall. She pointed at it and asked Ji Hyo. "And what’s with the luggage anyway? Where are you going?"

  "Somewhere.."

"Where to?" Seong Yi aimed another reply which causes Ji Hyo to roll her eyes with annoyance.

  "Just somewhere, but not here. Not in Seoul or in this country okay? You got me annoyed recently, Seong Yi."

"You know what.. You are acting strange recently. What’s wrong?"

"Nothing… I just-" Her stomach flips and Ji Hyo immediately knows that she’s sick again. She dashed to the washroom and makes it in time, just to throw up.

"Gosh..Unnie!! Gwaenchana??" Seong Yi gave a few back slaps on Ji Hyo's back without putting much pressure on it. 

"I don’t know..I’ve been in this state for few days. I felt nauseous and been craving for something sour recently. Even I felt of puking after inhaling coffee scent." Ji Hyo confessed after cleaning herself up.

Seong Yi went speechless. She didn’t know what to say at first. Her eyes were widened and she gets the courage to hunt for another answer from her sister. "Unnie… Have you check?"

"Huh? Check what?" Ji Hyo crunched her brows.

"Erm.. When’s the last time you have your period??"

"I-" She tried to recall when the actual date was, but she couldn’t remember when. She’s been too busy with her work and she didn’t take notice about it. "I lost count."

Ji Hyo could hear her sister groaned with the answer. She grabs a bunch of Ji Hyo’s house keys and shoved them in her pocket and was ready to leave. "Wait for me okay? Don’t go anywhere okay?"

"Where you going, Seong Yi? Those are mine. And I can’t go anywhere without it." Ji Hyo meant about the keys that belongs to her. Seong Yi smacked her forehead and tell her. She sometimes forgot how blur Ji Hyo was.

"Pharmacy… just wait okay?? I will be right back." She ran out from the house hastily. And within few minutes later, Seong Yi arrived safely back, while carrying a bag when she bought something from the pharmacy. "Here…: Seong Yi was panting for fresh air. She’s been sprinting to the nearest pharmacy to purchase something. She placed down a small plastic bag on the dining table and sat lazily on the couch.

"What’s that?"

Seong Yi couldn’t believe that her sister wasn’t aware of her motive to rush to the pharmacy. She snapped her sister who was in a mong state. "Pregnancy kit of course!!"

Ji Hyo rolled her eyeballs with annoyance. "You’re crazy…"

"Well thanks. I take that as a compliment." Seong Yi knew how insane she could go sometimes, that’s why she always takes each matter without thinking much of the consequences. And Ji Hyo would be right next to her, helping her when she needs one. "Just grab one and try." Seong Yi unwrapped the packet and gave one to Ji Hyo. "Don’t try to lie… I bought a few as well, for a backup."

"Damn.. You nag like eomma." Ji Hyo grunted and walked back to the washroom. It takes a minute or two, and Ji Hyo exited from the washroom and joins her sister who was still lying idly on the couch in the living room.

"And how?" Seong Yi asked while giving an empty seat to her sister.

"We need to wait for a few minutes." Ji Hyo stated nervously. She was getting tensed as the time ticked. Seong Yi looked at the clock hung on the wall and she stare at her sister who was nervous of finding out the result. "Okay…Times up. Go and give it a check."

"Erm…okay." Ji Hyo unseats from the couch and grabs the pregnancy kit that she left earlier at the washroom. Her grip was on the kit, but she dare not to see the result. After bracing herself, she closed an eye and peeped on it.

Seong Yi was suspicious on why her sister had not exited from the washroom. Instead of waiting, Seong Yi walked to the same location where her sister was. "What? What’s wrong?" She asked after seeing Ji Hyo who was stunned.

 "No no.. It can’t be…"

"Let me see." Seong Yi grabbed the kit from Ji Hyo’s grip. She sees the result, and her head was tilted with a confuse look. "Two l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter