Chapter 2

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Holy .

Holy ing .

Eun Ah stayed rooted to her spot when it dawned on her. 

Someone is getting beat up and it doesn't sound like some sort of mugging. This sounds like someone is about to get freaking murdered. She quickly snapped out of her thoughts and realized that there was no other way to get to her apartment, she either had to go through the alley or not go home at all. 

She slowly walked backwards until she brushed a thicket of bushes. She crouched behind it, occasionaly peeking up from over it. 

This is ing great. I just want to go home. Take a nice long bubble bath and now I'm here crouched in the dirt hoping that these thugs don't try to kill me too. She stifled her gasp with her hand when she saw two hulking men step out from the alley way. It was too dark for her to see their faces but she did she the distinct glint of a knife being shoved in his belt. Eun Ah eye's widened at the sight of the knife and she stumbled back until her back hit a metal trash can.

Not just any metal trashcan.

A metal trashcan with a loose lid, that hit the ground with the loudest BANG in the world. 

She cowered furthur into the bushes sqeezing her eyes shut hoping the two thug went temporarily deaf for the few seconds that the lid crashed into the ground. Her prayers were not answered when she heard the thugs apporach her. 

"Did you ing hear something? Son of a . Do you think Yongguk sent someone here?" the bald one said as he approached the bushes.

"I don't know, but if he did, they wouldn't be stupid enough to be heard." The one with the hat remarked.

Stupid? Oh, I'm so sorry, I'M the stupid one? Who ing gets caught killing someone you piece of sh-- Eun Ah cut her thoughts short when she heard footsteps come to a halt. She paused for a second and viewed her options, she could either stay where she was and almost definitely get caught or she could make a run a for it.

In hindsight it might have been better to just get caught.

But she chose not to. 

Using all the energy she could muster she stood up and ran away from the two thugs.

"Yah, YAH, YAH! OVER THERE GET HER!" one of them yelled as she made a mad dash away from the alley. 

She sped passed the ramen shop, not wanting to lure them to Halmoni's store and kept going with no destination in mind. The night was otherwise silent except the Eun Ah's panting breathes and and the sound of her feet slapping against the ground.

She kept zig zagging through vendors and obscure pathways in attempt to lose the men. She could hear the sounds of the two thugs gaining on her and that pushed her to keep pumping her feet as beads of sweat were making their way down her face. She felt her lungs burning and her lips drying and her eyes started lining with tears.

.

me.

me with a rusty screwdriver.

I think I should win an award for the world's most iest luck.

Seeing another alleyway, En Ah slipped deftly through the gates and kept going until she passed a huge garbage bin. Screeching to a stop she pressed her body against the cold cement walk and clenched her fists hoping that the two men wouldn't force her to swing her fist in his face and kick her leg at the family jewels.

Her heart started pounding when she heard the gates she just slipped through creak loudly followed by heavy footsteps, a few feet away from her, she heard the buzzing sound of a cell phone and held her breathe hoping luck was finally on her side today.

"Hello? Hyung? Oh, yeah ok yeah we took care of that punk, I'm pretty sure Yongguk's got our message loud and clear when that kid walks in all ed up." 

Kid? They beat up a kid? And who the hell is this Yongguk they keep talking about? 

The man ended the conversation on the phone and turned to his buddy.

"Let's get out of here, boss wants us back now." 

"HEY LITTLE GIRL! Don't think you're gonna get away with this, we know your face and and we will find you and put you in the ground and no one will ever find your body, so keeping your ing mouth shut." One of them yelled before she heard retreating footsteps.

Eun Ah counted to 100 before she let out her breath and slowly stepped out from behind the garbage can, she shakily stepped out of the alley and looked both ways to see the silhouette of the two men jumping into an SUV as they sped off.

Keeping her head down, Eun Ah did all but run down the path towards her apartment until she saw the dreaded alley way. Her steps slowed down as she nervously bit her lip.

I should just go home, I've gotten in enough trouble.  Just think about it Eun Ah, just think about that warm tempting bubble bath. It could be yours if you just go straight home. 

But no matter how much she wanted to listen to herself, there was a fraction of her mind reminding her of  the fact that whoever's in that alley was just a kid. Someone's son. A kid that might be seriously injured. 

Okay, here's the plan, just poke your head in and see who's there. For all you know the kid could've left or gone to the hospital already. 

Taking tentative steps, Eun Ah creeped towards the alley until she could peek her head in and scan the area. Ok, well it looks like no one's her--

Her thoughts were cut off when she heard a pained groan echo off the walls.

"Hello? Is someone here? Are you okay? Do you need help?" She asked slowly walking furthur into the alley. The only response she got back was another pained groan followed by shuffling steps. She picked up her pace until she stood near a hunched over figure barely holding themselves up against the wall. 

"Hey, are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?" She asked again, picking up her pace until she stood infront of him getting a better look at his face. Her jaw dropped when she saw his face. He was battered and bruised, his face dotted with cuts and blue and purple splotches and a few already browning. His lip was busting open and one of his eye was swollen shut. One of his hands was holding his stomach which had blood seeping through the cloth of his sweater.

His one good eye flashed up and met hers and she almost teared up when he saw not only the pain and vulnerability but the utter youth in this kid. 

He must be atleast, what, 16, 17 years old? 

Before the kid could even respond to her help, he started leaning towards her.

She squeezed her eyes shut. 

Oh god, no, no, no, I'm not a pedo noona, please don't try to kiss me. I'm not really into younger gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter