Chapter 29

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Read A/N at the end please.]

No one had seen Yongmi around as often as they used to. Anytime the members saw her, it'd be when she was on her way out or coming in late at night. They knew she was around and where she was coming and going from, but she kept herself scarce. 

That and she decided to dye her hair bright red.

Yongguk knew that his sister could take care of herself, but he was still worried about her. Ever since the new year, he had noticed that she had been keeping more to herself, hiding away in her room, refusing to talk to any of them for too long.

It felt like she wasn't as bright anymore, like something put out her flame.

It wasn't like she was drinking everyday or doing drugs, she wasn't doing anything bad, really, she would just kill time at parks or malls.

Her logic was that the less time she spent at home, the less time she could spend seeing Daehyun.

The less time he would treat her like a speckle of dust.

She no longer felt the need to play nice.

If he didn't care about her, then she could do the same.

She would blatantly ignore Daehyun and walk past him like he doesn't exist.

Daehyun, on the other hand, was going boarder line insane.

It was one thing for him to give her a cold shoulder but seeing her act like he was invisible was breaking his heart.

He was just trying to make her life simple. He didn't want her relationship with Yongguk to go awry because of him.

He wasn't proud of what he did to her and how he acted but he just didn't want to ruin the dynamic of the group and the friendships that were so carefully built up.

In a perfect world, Yongguk would bless their relationship and everything would be fixed. He'd be able to make up for the mistakes he made with her and openly show her how he feels.

But this is no perfect world and Daehyun didn't blame Yongguk one bit especially considering Daehyun was too much of a coward to bring it up to the leader.

Yongmi jogged down the stairs with her phone in her hand and dropped by the kitchen to grab an apple.

"Where you going?" She looked and saw her brother looking at her from the counter with a cup of coffee in his hand.

She wiped the apple on her shirt and walked over to Yongguk to tip his mug so that she could take a gulp of the black coffee.

"I'm going out to meet some friends."

It wasn't a complete lie.

Normally she would spend her time on her own but tonight she actually had plans with friends.

By 'friends' she just meant one.

She had been spending a lot of time with Kim Jongin of EXO K.

They had grown closer over the last few weeks and now Yongmi had someone to talk to now that Daehyun was gone.

Someone who understood her.

Someone who could make her laugh like she used to.

Someone who she felt comfortable with.

Someone who made her feel better.

He was a good friend and Yongmi was thankful that he was around her, taking her mind off of the man on the floor above her.

"You have friends?" Himchan quipped teasingly when he strode into the room, ruffling her hair as he took a bite out of her apple.

She yanked her fruit away and glared at him. "As a matter a fact, I do. You fools aren't the only people in my life, you know."

Yongguk tilted his head at his sister, "Kim Jongin?"

Yongmi jerked her head up and stared at Yongguk in shock.

"He's going to pick me up. How did you know?"

"I heard talk. Apparently people were surprised to see B.A.P's sniper and EXO-K's fighter hanging out."

Yongmi watched his expression carefully. She saw his eyes roam around the kitchen as his mind began to whir, his eyes flashed with an unreadable expression.

That man was probably going to stay single for the rest of his life, so Yongmi was almost positive that he'd never let a boy near her. He didn't understand 'love' and that was seriously messing things up for her.

His eyes slowed down, just past her shoulder and lingered for a second, before he looked back at her.

"He's a nice kid, I've heard good things about him, just make sure you don't stay out too late." He walked towards her before she had a chance to reply and flicked her on the forehead.

"No drinking, he's legal but you aren't."

Yongmi rolled her eyes and pushed his head away, "Yeah, yeah. It's a party at their mansion, I'm not going bar hopping, I'm not Daehyun." Her sentence ended in bitterness and she turned away.

If Yongguk heard her tone, he didn't comment on it, but he watched her retreating back with concern as she walked to the front door. He had noticed that his sister was spending less time with Daehyun, who he thought was her best friend.

What she didn't know was that, that very boy heard her every word and the name of the other man she was going to meet.

Himchan looked over to Yongguk, "You handled that pretty well, I'm surprised you haven't already got her GPS coordinates down."

Yongguk smiled and glanced to the staircase where he saw the top of Daehyun's peek out moments ago.

"I think I'm going to let someone else take care of it."

-----

Yongmi grinned when she saw Jongin in his jeep, staring out the window until he caught her figure bounding towards him.

His face split into a gorgeous smile as she jumped into the car.

"Hey there, Red."

Yongmi smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Ready to go?"

"You better not be planning on drinking tonight. I don't want Yongguk coming after my head." Jongin smirked and turned the volume on the radio up before driving away.

"Of all the illegal things that we've done, why is everyone so picky about underage drinking?"

Jongin laughed as he sped towards the party venue. "Have you spoken to Daehyun yet?"

Yongmi slowly stopped humming to the radio and let her smile fade off. "No, we haven't really spoken since a little after new year's."

Jongin sighed and glanced at her through the side of his eyes.

She had told her all about her and Daehyun and honestly he didn't know what to tell her.

Part of him felt bad that a girl so sweet, kind and lovely like her was getting her heart broken but another part of him understood Daehyun's side of things.

Falling for a friend's sister is never an easy or good thing.

And it's only worse when that friend is also the leader of your gang.

He couldn't imagine what he'd do if he fell for Kris or Suho's sister, so thank god they were both the only child.

Jongin had met Yongmi years ago at Jiyong's party and immediately was drawn to her.

She was funny, cute, tough and smart, and he had to admit, for a while, he had developed feelings for her.

However, all it took was one look at Daehyun and Yongmi together and he knew that he was in a losing battle.

The way they looked at each other was something that he couldn't beat.

Not to mention he wasn't even sure about his feelings for her other than the fact that he was attracted.

Especially considering he wasn't that heartbroken over it.

He wasn't sure if it was love or just infatuated.

But he was sure that what she felt with Daehyun was.

So he was kind of ticked off that the guy who was lucky enough to get her love was hurting her so much.

"Is she going to be there?"

But now Jongin was blessed enough to understand the type of love, but with someone else.

Jongin's concentrated frown melted into a soft, adoring smile. "Yeah, she is."

"I'd love to meet her."

Jongin kept smiling as he turned into the big mansion.

"You're going to love her."

-----

And love her she did.

Jongin's girlfriend was a complete angel and Yongmi had approved wholeheartedly when the girl was able to make her laugh and boyfriend simultaneously. Yongmi cheered on the inside at the aspect of a new girl friend that she could hang out with.

She couldn't help but congratulate her friend when she saw the love dripping out of his eyes every time he looked over at her.

She was glad that he found someone perfect for him, but she felt jealous at the same time.

She was always curious what it would be like to be in a relationship that had so much love it in. And see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter