Chapter 11

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah groaned when she slowly started coming to consciousness. She rolled around in her bed until she pried her eyes open.

"Oh god, my head." She clutched her head at her pounding headache. This always happened when  she cried hard, it always had a migraine drilling in her head a few hours later.

She her side and looked towards her side table. She sat up in surprise when she noticed a glass of water set beside a painkiller. She sighed in relief and threw the pill down and chased it with water.

She suddenly jumped in her bed.

How did I get here? I don't remember coming to my room last night.

Eun Ah thought back to last night and remember sitting in the kitchen and thinking about her parents when....

Yongguk? Did that really happen?

Must've been a dream, there's no way he'd be nice to me, much less hug me.  I must have walked up here last night I guess.

Eun Ah crawled out of her bed when she felt her stomach growl. She checked the clock on the wall before heading downstairs.

6:23AM Geez.

Eun Ah walked quietly into the kitchen and reached for an apple in the basket before turning and almost ting her pants.

"GOD! You ing scared me, you should tie a freaking bell to your shoe from now on." Eun Ah whispered angrily at the silent intruder.

Jongup just stared at her before brushing past her, knocking against her shoulder.

Eun Ah had enough. She grabbed his hand and yanked him back in front of her.

"Yah, what's your problem? Why are you always giving me attitude? What did I ever do to you?"

The boy blinked at her before roughly pulled his hand away.

"You don't belong here. You're going to mess everything up, everything we worked for." His voice was angry but not loud, he made his threat and gave her a glare before walking past her, up the stairs.

"What the hell. It's not like I want to be here." She muttered under her breath. She walked towards the living room, apple still in her hand and looked around.

She walked to a shelf that was filled with a bunch of textbooks and noticed a large white envelop placed in between the books. She pulled it out and looked at the little logo on the side.

Seoul Police Department Forensics Lab.

Eun Ah stuck the apple in and used her hands to pull out the papers. Her eyes scanned the documents, she skipped past the written reports by the detective at the scene and jumped to the last page ignoring all the police jargon.

There were pictures of a crime scene. The first one was of skid marks on a road with pieces of glass shattered around it, the second one was a close up of weird melted plastic and third on---

"What are you doing down here?" A voice asked from behind her. Eun Ah hid the papers behind her back and turned to face Himchan, who was standing at the door, looking at her while putting his shoes on.

With his eyes pinned on his face, Eun Ah slipped the papers back into the shelf and used her free hand to nonchalantly eat her apple.

"I couldn't sleep."

Himchan snorted and grabbed his keys off the table. "Really? I thought otherwise."

"What does that supposed to mean?" She was confused, why did everyone always talk in codes around here?

Himchan's mind went back to a few hours ago when he saw his leader carry Eun Ah, bridal style, to her room. He wasn't sure why, but it made him uncomfortable, like he saw something gross.

"Just because you can't sleep doesn't mean that you can eat everything in this house, piglet."

Eun Ah gaped at him, "It sure as hell means that I can. I'm the one that paid for it all."

"Were you planning on going into hibernation when you bought all that food? Pigs don't hibernate. You should some research on your own species." He said with a straight face.

Eun Ah scoffed. "You're a jerk, you know that?"

He ignored her and reached for the door.

"Where are you going? It's 6AM?"

He turned back and glared at her. "It's none of your damn business. Go back to your room before I wake the whole house up. And do me a favour, don't stick your nose in places where it doesn't belong."

She flinched at his cold words and turned up the stairs and walked up, not before glancing over her shoulder at him but he was already out of the door, slamming it shut behind him.

What hell is up his ?

She looked at the wall calendar and flinched at the date. She had fallen asleep before midnight that she didn't realize what day it was.

May 24th.

Death Anniversary.

All of a sudden,  Eun Ah didn't want to be in her room. She didn't want to be alone.  After 10 years, this day still scared her. She twisted her fingers and felt herself break out in a sweat.

When she reached the top of the stairs, she noticed that everyone's lights were off, probably sleeping. That left her with no choice but to head to her room until she noticed one door, in the far corner with its lights still on.

Eun Ah walked towards the door that Yongmi had pointed out as Yongguk's study.

She hesitated while looking at it, bouncing on her heels.

Am I really so incredibly desperate that I'd go in there?

She paused and thought about being in her room alone in silence.

Yeah, I guess I am.

She tip toed toward it and knocked gently on it. When she didn't get a reply, she pushed the door open and peaked in.

Yongguk was hunched in his chair, pouring over a pile of documents, but his head was lolled to the side and his eyes were glued shut with sleep, lips parted with even breaths.

Eun Ah creeped closer to him and peered at his face.

In all her outfitted rage, she never noticed how attractive he looked.  For a gang boss, he was really good looking.

Well in my defence, they all looked attractive until they opened their mouths.

She reached out, to brush a strand of his bangs that fell in his eyes when his own hand shot out and squeezed her wrist and snapped his eyes open.

"OWOWOWOWOWOW, GEEEZ LET GO! I CAN'T FEEL MY HAND!"  Eun Ah yelped in pain. She was jumping in her spot, trying to wrestle free.  She could feel his fingers cutting off her blood circulation and the tips of her fingers turning cold.

". What the hell are you doing? Why are you sneaking up on me like that?" His voice was deliciously deep, still shaking the sleep off unconsciously sending shivers down Eun Ah's spine. He rubbed his eyes and let go of her wrist, his brows still furrowed.

"I wasn't sneaking up on you, I just didn't want to wake you up." She rubbed her sore wrist and sat in the chair across from him with a pout.

Yongguk groaned tiredly, "What do you want?"

She didn't really have a reason to be here, she just wanted to, she actually didn't want  anything from him at all.

"Did you help me up stairs last night?" She asked cautiously.

Yongguk stared at her, she didn't look like the mouthy brat he picked up a week ago, she looked almost vulnerable. He felt an uncomfortable tightness grow in his stomach.

She must be pretty terrified about everything. Well she has no choice but to it up and deal with it.

He grunted in response, his eyes falling back onto the files, trying to catch up on some leads.

Her eyes widened. She hadn't actually thought that he'd do that for her. She was awkwardly touched by his actions.

"Thank you." Her voice was quiet, barely above a whisper. He looked up in shock and saw that her face was tilted down, looking at her lap.

Was she being...appreciative of him?

"What was that all about anyways?"  He raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms.

Eun Ah leaned back in her seat and played with her fingers. She didn't want to tell him, but she  felt like after her little scene in the kitchen, he deserved some explanation.

"My parents died when I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter