Chapter 30

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Eun Ah came down the stairs two days later, she could feel the tension lingering in the air, even though no one was in sight.

It had had been that way ever since they visited Jiyong's mansion.

It was D-Day.

In less than 2 hours they were going to depart, with her in tow.

Today was the raid on Bohye's drug ring and if anyone was nervous, it was Eun Ah.

Her only solace was the fact that they were going to attack in broad daylight.

That and she had full faith in Yongguk and the rest of them.

They took everything seriously and they looked confident in everything they had planned. Everything felt like a blur, after hearing them talk and learning about how long they had been after Bohye, it felt unreal that they were going to attack.

And all she could do was pray and hope for the best.

There was nothing that Eun Ah could do other than keep practicing her fighting and wait around in her room, staying out of everyone's way as they put together their plan for the evening.

She didn't even want to eavesdrop because it made her incredibly antsy.

"I haven't seen you around the house lately."

She looked over and saw Yongguk watching her with a smile.

"I wanted to give you guys privacy. It looked like you all needed it." She said with a small shrug.

Yongguk hadn't realized how much he missed her until he saw her wandering around the living room.

It felt refreshing, seeing her.

All he had were dark thoughts and meticulously planning, that he forgot how easy it was to be around Eun Ah.

He had no clue how he spent over 10 years of his life living like this.

Living without her.

She was like your head hitting a cool pillow after a long day of work.

She was everything good.

In the present, it felt so draining to think about things like raids and exacting revenge that he missed the days where they all just played around or him and her would just sit in bed and talk.

He was definitely getting soft but it didn't seem to bug him as much.

For the last while, all he thought about was Bohye and the raid that he didn't notice her scarce appearance.  He felt heavy with stress and concentration, it was all or nothing so he was positive that he had never prepared so thoroughly for something in life.

He had been working so hard that him, Himchan, Yongjae and Daehyun were all skipping sleep.

Which meant Yongguk had spent 3 nights not sleeping next to her.

He couldn't wait till this was all over so he could catch up on the missed nights.

He tilted his head, "It's going to be over soon."

She looked up at him with unsure eyes, "Are you sure?"

He brushed the bangs out of her face, "I'm sure."

Her eyes softened on him and she resisted the urge to hug him. All her previous uncertainty washed away when she was around him.

He just radiated safety even if he was doing the most life threatening things.

"Oh Hong, what's up?"

Eun Ah froze and kept her back turned when she heard his footsteps shuffle in.

"I was just wondering when we should get ready to leave. Kris hyung is on the phone and he wants to know."

"Now. We should all move out within the hour. The others should be preparing, me and Daehyun packed the trucks, we should be meeting the rest of them there."

Eun Ah turned around slowly and cleared embarrassingly when she noticed Junhong's eyes were pinned straight at her.

"Do you love him?"

Eun Ah felt her mind blank out as she stared dumbly at Junhong.

"Eun Ah?"

She jerked her head up and blinked at him, "Do I love him?"

Junhong nodded when she slowly moved towards him and took a seat at her desk.

"I don't thinks so."

"Well, why don't you?" He asked, keeping his voice soft.

"I just don't think love is the right word." She knit her brows together as she thought about it.

"Well, how do you feel about him?"

Eun Ah wasn't sure how to answer, what she felt towards him was totally unlike anything she had felt for the rest of them.

He was different.

So her feelings towards him were different too.

"He's a good, honest person that cares about the people around him more than he cares about himself."

"That's a great answer noona, but how do you feel about him?"

Eun Ah felt weird about answering. She wasn't used to talking about her feelings like this so she wasn't sure how to answer.  

"He makes me feel safe. Like, as long as he's nearby I don't need to worry about anything. At first I couldn't stand him, but after a while he was one of the only people I trusted. If I ever needed something, I knew he'd  be there. It's like I always need him by my side, even under these insane circumstances, he kept me sane.  Sometimes when he's gone,  I just wish he'd hurry up and get back." Even if she kept most of those feelings inside, there was no doubt that she felt them.

"Get back to you?" Junhong interjected, a smile slowly working its way up as she answered as he expected, her eyes already shining with something sweet.

She frowned, "Not exactly, but I always feel better when he's near, even if he acts like a douche."

"Do you know how stupid you sound, noona?"

She narrowed her eyes and threw a pencil at him, "Excuse me?"

"You love him. It's obvious, even to me."

Junhong raised his eyebrow at her but she just looked away as he trailed up the stairs to get packed with the others.

Yongguk looked at her and noticed her distracted expression. "You should get ready."

His face tensed up and his eyes sharpened.

"We're going."

-----

The drive to Club Siren was silent as Eun Ah sat staring aimlessly through the heavy tinted windows.

This car is rolling in probable cause, I bet these window aren't even allowed to be this dark.

"I feel like this goes without saying, but knowing you, I should make it clear. Do NOT leave this car under any circumstances." Himchan hissed from the front passenger side.

"I'm not a baby." She said snottily.

"Do I need to remind you of the multiple times you disobeyed our orders? A baby might actaully have more discipline than you."

Eun Ah huffed but couldn't give an answer.

"The windows are bullet proof and the car is heavy plated, so as long as you stay put, you should be fine." Yongguk glanced at her through the rear view mirror.

Eun Ah looked behind her to check if Daehyun's car was still trailing closely behind them.

"Don't open the door for anyone and if you see someone suspicious call us immediately." Himchan threw a crappy Motorola at her with all their numbers pre-programmed in it.

Eun Ah fiddled with the device.

"Did you baby proof the locks too?" She snorted.

She snapped her head up when she was answered with silence. "Are you guys serious?"

"We had to be sure." Yongguk replied carefully, glancing at her reaction.

"You two are the worst pairing ever." She groaned as Yongguk twisted the car a few streets away and parked between two similar cars.

Yongguk pointed to a the black building with the neon pink sign. "We'll be in the laundry mat beside that club. Keep your eyes on it and any movement around this car, but like Himchan said, under no circumstances should you step foot out of this car."

Eun Ah nodded solemnly as the two of them stepped out of the car and opened the trunk to gather their tools.

Eun Ah gripped the phone tightly in her hands as her heart picked up pace. Suddenly she was terrified.

Not because she might be surrounded by Ryu's men, but because B.A.P could get hurt.

There was no way to be certain that they'd all be okay. It was going to be dangerous and if they weren't careful she knew that their enemies would use any chance to hurt them.

Her breathing got heavier and guilt submerged her mind at the thought of one of them getting harmed.

Or worse.

She jumped in her seat when her door was swung open.  Yongguk was standing by it with a black leather duffle in his hand.  She looked at him in desperation, hoping that he'd be able to see the concern in her eyes.

She didn't want to say anything because she was scared it would jinx their mission, but she really wanted him to reassure that they'd all be okay.

She wanted him to tell her that none of them would be in danger and that they'd all go out for dinner when this was over.

"Be careful." Her voice came out more shaky and cracked than she wanted.

Yongguk suddenly felt something that he had never experience before, tear up his stomach.

He felt fear.

Not because the he thought they couldn't do it.

But because, for the first time, he feared dying.

Normally he would risk his life to get a job done even if he knew the chances of him getting hurt was low, he would put it all on the line.

But seeing her face looking so scared, constricted his heart.

He didn't want to leave her behind. He sure as didn't want to leave her to fend for herself against Ryu.

It almost seemed pathetic as his mind prematurely starting wondering if this would be the last time he saw her.

Yongmi had been making him watch too many of those dramas.

He swallowed and gave her a weak smile, "You're acting like you're never going to see me again."

She frowned and gripped the phone tighter. "Stop joking, please be careful, all of you."

He stared into her eyes and felt a weird sensation burn in his chest. He paused before leaning over and kissing her on cheek, making her heart spike up a hundred notches.

"We will."

-----

Kris had informed Yongguk that he sent a few of s around Club Siren to keep an eye on Ryu's men.

"She should be coming in soon, let's split up and take all entrances before she gets in. You guys take the lower level and me and Himchan will take the upper ones. Take out anyone that sees you and make sure Bohye doesn't get word from any of the minions about us." The members nodded at Yongguk's orders and they all moved out.

He watched as everyone scattered to their planned positions before walking in himself.

Himchan stormed the front entrance with Yongguk following closely behind. The leader closed the blinds as Himchan slammed the owner against the counter.

"Are you going to let us in or are we going to have to ing make you?"

The old man whimpered and held his hands up, "I have no idea what you're talking about. Please, take the money, don't hurt me."

Yongguk smirked and pushed the man's shirt sleeve up her arm, revealing an 8 point star.

"Really? I don't remember civilians getting gang signs tattoos." Yongguk watched as the man's expression changed from scared to deathly calm.

"It'll be over of my cold, dead body before I tell you ers anything."

The man lashed his arm out, cutting Yongguk across the palm that shielded his face before Yongguk slapped the knife out and broke the man fingers.

Himchan cackled and pulled his favourite blade out and placed it near his gut. "Your words, not mine."

-----

Woon was followed by a team of undercover officers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter