Chapter 63

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 Week Later.

"Are you staying overnight again?" Himchan asked as he leaned against the doorframe of the hospital room.

Visiting hours were coming to an end so he dropped by to give her more of her things.

"Are you really asking?" She deadpanned.

The hospital had become her home, she had spent so much time there from when she was kidnapped, to when Halmoni was admitted and now here with Yongguk.

It was like her home away from home.

"Even Yongmi is going back home today." Himchan said disappointingly. He knew that Eun Ah was killing herself by staying by Yongguk's side. She refused to eat or drink and she barely  went to sleep.

Yongmi was the same way, but Daehyun had somehow convinced her to sleep at home, probably beside him, for a few days.

Yongmi was someone who had seen her brother take a lot of physical damage so she didn't feel as concerned because she knew he'd wake up in a matter of time. But there were still times when Daehyun woke up to see her crying in the corner  of the room.

"Well, it's not like she's going to get a lot of alone time with Daehyun once her brother wakes up." Eun Ah, trying to lighten the mood.

He heard the tone in her voice and he couldn't help but smile. She was persistent and never quit, he knew that no matter what anyone said, she'd never lose hope in Yongguk.

He admired her for that.

"He's going to be fine, pig face. I bet on it. He's one of the strongest men I know, no one's worried about him."

Eun Ah stared at Yongguk's face and sighed. "Yeah, I'll believe you when he wakes up."

"A coma?"

"Yes, It seems like it graze the frontal lobe. Luckily the bullet wasn't lodged into the actual brain, so his nervous system and the rest of its functions are completely untouched." Dr. Song said as he pushed his glasses up.

"Why is he in coma then?" Eun Ah asked, her body trembling from the information.

"Besides the lack of blood from his skull he also suffered from a lack of oxygen in his head. You see, when the brain swells or bleeds, the fluids surrounding the brain push up against the skull. The swelling caused the brain it push down on the brain stem, the part of the brain that is responsible for arousal and awareness."

"So…when will he wake up?" Yongmi asked impatiently, as Daehyun rubbed circles on her back to soothe her.

"I can't give you an estimated time. These sort of things can't be predicted. We will give him the best medical attention and constantly monitor his progress, by the looks of it, he is healing nicely from the surgery without any complications but now all we can do is wait."

"What should we do?" Eun Ah asked, desperation in her voice, on the verge of collapsing.

The doctor looked at her sympathetically, "I suggest you talk to him while he's in this state. Even though he is unconscious, it is proven that he can still hear the things you say to him. He may not remember them all when he wakes up, but you might find it soothing, for you and him."

"Was this how he was when I was in the hospital after getting shot?" She asked quietly.

Himchan thought back to Yongguk and his sleepless nights trying to find her. He had never seen their leader that stressed before. "Yeah, pretty much."

Eun Ah frowned and touched Yongguk's arm.

You must've felt so helpless. I must've really scared you.

Himchan saw the guilty look on her face before slipping out of the room to give her space. He had tried to explain to her why she shouldn't feel guilty or bad when they first came to hospitalgf, but he knew that she'd never see it that way.

She was going to guilt trip herself until forever.

Which was maybe why the two of them were meant for each other, since he had done the exact same thing.

When she was alone she reached her hand out and his cheek, repeating the same thing she had said to him every day for the last week.

"I'm so sorry. For everything. For blaming you, for yelling at you and for asking for a divorce. I'm so sorry that I didn't trust you and that I left you. You didn't deserve any of it. I'm so sorry."

 

2 Weeks Later.

Eun Ah breezed into Yongguk's room with a basket of fruit and flowers in her hand. "I'm back! Did ya miss me?"

She tried not to flinch when no one replied back. She set her gifts on the table before turning around to see the same sight she had seen for the last 2 weeks.

An unresponsive, passed out Yongguk.

She tried not to let it bother too much, attempting to be positive, but there was still only so much she could take, which was why she kept making excuses to run out on errands so that she could cry in the privacy of her car.

"I know you're worried about Yongmi, but she's been a lot better. Daehyun's really been helping her get through this and she's starting to be much more optimistic. I hope you give the two of them a chance. They really are a sweet couple."

She needed him back.

She needed him to wake up.

"The ahjumma from the store across the street recognizes me now. She always asks me how I'm doing and she asks about your condition too.  I've been there so many times, but she's really sweet and I think she really likes me. She reminds me a lot of Halmoni." Eun Ah bit her lip and sat down on the chair next to his bed.

That chair had become her bed over the last few weeks. Junhong told her to take the couch, but the piece of furniture was too far away from Yongguk for her. She leaned back and stared at his sunken face, covered by the oxygen mask.

He looked skinner and although the doctors said that his condition was improving, his face always looked like a different shade of grey.

"Do you think we can go visit her when you wake up? You said her funeral was in the States, so do you want to go with me to her ? We have to go together because I really don't want to go without you." She mumbled quietly while playing with the corner of his blanket.

"What did you do with my ring? Did you throw it away or did you keep it? I'm just asking because I kinda want it back." She looked down at her fingers and said timidly.

"I'm not sure if you want me to have it, but I just want you to know that I miss it and I really want to wear it again. It's mine."

She gulped and looked at the ring on his finger. The ring that he had never taken off, after the surgery, the doctor said that she could put it back on his finger and the minute she did, it felt like it found the place it belonged.

"Maybe I should propose to you." She chuckled to herself, "I bet you'd hate that wouldn't you? You'd be so embarrassed. I'd love to see the look on your face."

She crossed her arms on the edge of his bed and leaned her chin on top of them.

"You know, if you asked me to marry you again, I'd say yes in a heartbeat."

 

3 Weeks Later.

"Oh my god, Himchan, if you don't stop looking at yourself in your phone, I'm going to ask the nurse to sedate you." Eun Ah snapped as all of B.A.P hung around Yongguk's hospital room.

Jongup and Junhong were playing cards on the floor when Jongup spoke up, "Hyung already got hit on by a few of the nurses here. I'd bet they'd love to seDATE him."

Everyone booed at Jongup's bad joke and Daehyun even threw a piece of candy at him.

"Oh my god, get out Jongup. Take your disgustingly lame jokes and get out of here." Yongmi heckled from the couch.

Himchan shook his head and gaped at the younger boy, "Stop hanging around Yongjae, you're learning really ty puns from him."

"Hey! They aren't ty!" Yongjae protested from the table he was sitting on.

Jongup just laughed joyfully, bringing the same smile to Eun Ah's face.

She'd never believe that this was the same boy who rarely spoke to and never smiled. Yongmi was starting to smile too, but Eun Ah would catch the gloomy look on her face every now and then when she looked at her brother.

Do you see this Yongguk? You're family is waiting for you to wake up.

"I heard about the tattoo." Himchan said offhandedly as he glanced at Eun Ah.  

Eun Ah knit her eye brows in confusion as she cleaned up the trash around the room. "What tattoo?"

Himchan raised his eyebrows and looked at her cockily. "The one you got of me, mom and dad."

The rest of the group aww-ed at the new information and a few of them prompted her to show them it.

Eun Ah rolled her eyes and ignored their requests. "Don't let your head get too big, I was just feeling sentimental."

"I know, I felt the same way before I got mine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter