Chapter 26

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun drove angrily after meeting up with his brother and headed straight for the precinct.

All he could think about was B.A.P and his Chief.

Everything was getting too damn suspicious.

First his Chief was tracking down Eun Ah's whereabouts and now B.A.P is lingering around her work place as well.  

All these factors were in the way and he knew that it would only cause a greater mess, with a greater body count.

He was aware of what this gang was capable of.

B.A.P is the enemy. They need to be taken down and it doesn't seem like the law is going to do it.

To him, B.A.P was the lowest form of scum and Bang Yongguk was their ringmaster.

And now they were getting all chummy with Eun Ah?

But above all that, his biggest concern was Eun Ah and Woon. That whole interaction was leaving him unsettled and he had to get to the bottom it.

He stormed out of his car and headed straight for Woon's desk, only to see it empty.

"Where's the Chief?" Jaehyun glanced over at the rookie that walked by.

"I saw him leave about 30 minutes ago. He never said when he'd be back."

Jaehyun's face darkened, scaring the rookie away. He dialled his phone angrily and walked closer to Woon's desk.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up. Come on, pick up your damn phone." 

-----

Eun Ah dazedly followed Chaerin as she was placed on the master bed.

He kissed me.

Eun Ah felt a small smile creep back up her face and a blush rise.  Her heart thudded against her ribs and she fell back on the mattress with a childish giggle.

Chaerin scrunched her nose in disgust, "You guys are so gross. You've be together for so long and you're giddy over a kiss?"

She bit her lip shyly. Embarrassingly enough, this was her first kiss.

Her first real kiss.

She's had boys peck her cheek or confess to her before by trying to kiss her, but she never had a kiss like that.

She thought back to when Jaehyun kissed her on the cheek and compared the two times.

Other than being surprised, she didn't react to him like how she was reacting now and she had no clue why.

Is something wrong with me? Maybe I'm still sick.

She had no idea what this meant for them now.

Does he have feelings for me?

Or was it all part of the act?

"Helloooo?!" Chaerin snapped her fingers in front of her face. "Stop day dreaming about your husband and pay attention to me!"

"Sorry." Eun Ah laughed as she sat up to face her young friend.

"Eun Ah, seriously, aren't you scared of Ryu?" Chaerin scooted closer to her and looked at her eagerly.

Eun Ah frowned pulled her knees to her chest, "I am. I'm really scared, but I think I'm more scared about someone getting hurt because of me. I don't know if I could live with myself if something like that happens."

"Ayyyy, you haven't seen any of these guys in action. They can kick some serious , especially the girls."

Eun Ah nodded but her lips stayed turned down. "Then it should all be okay."

Chaerin smirked, "Well duh, do you think Yongguk oppa would let anything bad happen to you?"

Eun Ah kept silent as her heart picked up pace again.

"Speaking of which, have you guys decided on how many kids you want?"

-----

"We were waiting for you lover boy."

Yongguk grunted, unamused, at Hyosung's comment and leaned against the closed door.

"Can we just talk about what we came here for?"

Kris frowned and looked at Yongguk, "It's surprising that they made such an overt threat with the window. They're pretty subtle with stuff like that. Especially since she's just a witness."

Yongguk sighed and shut his eyes, "I'm starting to think that there's more to it."

Jiyong raised his brow, "How so?"

Yongguk opened his eyes and glanced around as his allies anticipated his next move, "I'm still not sure, but I think it's safe to say that we should move out on Bohye within the week. I'm thinking in two days."

Hyorin's eyes widened, "So soon?"

Yongguk nodded, "We don't have much choice, they're getting restless so we need to cut out their biggest partner and weaken them before they try to strike. They've been keeping silent up until now and I need to cut my losses and get rid of her as soon as possible."

Jiyong stepped out of the room, letting Yongguk take charge. He knew the man was more than capable of leading this group himself.

There was a reason that he left Yongguk to take his place while he retired.

"Kris should have all the details. She's operating out of a laundry mat near Club Siren, so we're going to ambush her with EXO, the rest of you need to follow Ryu's movements while this goes down. Make sure he doesn't blindside us by going after Hwang and always stay in contact. Hopefully, if this all works out according to plan, Ryu will be nearby and we can take him down in one shot."

Kris looked up at him, "Who's taking care of her when that happens?"

"No one, she's coming with us."

Sojin balked at him, "You're basically taking her to her death. How do you expect us to protect her if you're basically serving her on a silver platter?"

"I know the risk, and I know what I'm doing. It's far more dangerous than leaving her alone when she could be within reach of all 18 of us instead."

Kris shrugged nonchalantly, "Hey, she's your wife, we'll do what you say."

"Just make sure your guys are there in 2 days. Leave the rest to me, we're going to circle and move stealthily, taking out anyone that gets in our way. We're not leaving until she's down."

He straightened his back and pulled out blueprints, going over in detail, the plan that needed to be executed to perfection. He spoke with purpose and made sure that everything was clear before everyone broke up into specialized groups.

Victoria jotted notes down on her phone, "Are we involving that cop?"

"No. He's after her too but he just wants to arrest her and I won't let that happen." His eyes changed. "I have a lot planned for her."

Yongguk scanned the room and saw everyone nodding and making plans with the others. They moved the groups to the tables.

The combat fighters started mapping out methods of attack and weaponry, the strategists picked out points of entry and exit with the drivers and the techies were discussing surveillance strategies with each other while the rest took care of the minor details.

We might actually be able to do this.

He snapped out of his daze when he felt someone clamp down on his shoulder.

"I didn't mean to rile you up." Kris gave the elder a small smile and dropped his hand. "She seems like a really nice girl, I was surprised when I saw her, honestly I was kind of jealous. And it seems like you really love her."

No, that's not true.

"I just don't want something bad to happen and then have you blame yourself for it. "

Yongguk sighed, not wanting to get into it with Kris of all people. It was too ironic. "It's fine Kris, we're all a little on edge, there's a lot of danger involved."

The man stiffened, "I'm pretty sure the people here are more scared of your reaction to her getting hurt than of Bohye and Ryu. You'll probably bust a cap if anything happens to her."

Yongguk flashed back to the kiss and shivered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter