Chapter 33

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk walked into their room a few hours later and opened the door carefully. He peeked his head in and saw Eun Ah curled up in a ball, under the covers.

 

He moved quietly around the room, washing up and getting changed before he slipped in beside her.

 

Even though they had been sharing a bed for a while, they managed to keep their personal space. Every now and then they might wake up tangled in each other's limbs but for the most part it was never too awkward.

 

He was facing her and watched her eyes move from behind her lids as her breathes came out in even pants.

 

He sighed and lifted his finger to trace down the center of her forehead, down the slope of her nose to her cupid's bow. He slowly outlined the shape of before brushed her bottom lip with his finger.

 

He seemed to always be amazed by her beauty.

 

He had been around hundreds of women in his life, but only Eun Ah managed to catch his attention. There was something painstakingly elegant about her and every time he saw her he was comforted by her soft features. After seeing how she looked when waking up, he wasn't sure there was any way that she could look bad.

 

But even still, he saw more to her.

 

She was fearless, confident, strong and smart. When she had told him what had happened at the day care, he was more than impressed.  If he had to bet on anyone fending for their own, he would've guessed Eun Ah, but he'd hope she'd never have to fight alone.

 

But there was something incredibly y about how she stood her ground.

 

He felt his eyes get droopy so he his side, his back facing her as three nights of no sleep took over.

 

At 4AM Yongguk's eyes snapped open on instinct, he blinked back into focus. He looked down and saw Eun Ah leaning against him. Her forehead was pressed against his chest and her hands were gripping the corner of his shirt.

 

Even though they slept apart, they had managed to find each other throughout the night.

 

His own hands found their way under her shirt and had her hips in a vice-grip. He let go of her and rolled on his back.

 

He rubbed his eyes and sat up in alert when he heard movement outside the door. When he saw the knob twisting open, Yongguk reached over to the bed side table and felt for his gun under his fingers.

 

He watched the door creak open as he kept the weapon concealed in the drawer, ready at hand to pull on the intruder.

 

He knit his eyebrows when he no one appeared by the door. He sat up better to peek over their bed frame to get a better view of the door.

 

He let his shoulders sag and he let go of his gun in the drawer when he saw the 'assailant'.

 

"Kyung, why are you up? It's so late."

 

The little boy was holding his pillow and stuffed dinosaur while he stared up at a Yongguk with large eyes.

 

"I couldn't sleep." He mumbled.

 

Yongguk softened, it must have been hard for Kyung to go to sleep alone in a big room, in a house he had never been in.

 

He was probably scared.

 

"Do you want to sleep up here with me and your noona?" Yongguk whispered quietly, to not wake Eun Ah up.

 

Kyung's eyes widened in delight as he scrambled up the mattress. Yongguk gently rolled Eun Ah over so that there was room between the two of them for Kyung to wiggle in.

 

Yongguk turned to Kyung and held on to him. "Hyung is jjang." He mumbled as he snuggled into Yongguk's chest as he fell asleep.

 

He smiled at the cute little boy and felt his own eyes falling shut.

 

-----

 

Eun Ah woke up early to get ready for work. She sat up and stretched her muscles before turning to look beside her.

 

Yongguk and Kyung were cuddled together, one hand was slung over his eyes while the other one held Kyung protectively to his side.

 

That is freaking adorable.

 

Kyung had long let go of his toy and fisted Yongguk's shirt instead. Eun Ah smiled and leaned over to pick up Yongguk's phone. She turned the camera on and held it up high enough to stick her head into the frame, making sure she got the boys in the background.

 

She held up a peace sign and took the photo, when she was happy with it, she set it as his wallpaper before tip toeing into the bathroom to take a shower.

 

When she was all dressed she stepped back into the room to see Yongguk sitting up, while leaning his back against the headboard.

 

"You're leaving?" He asked when he saw her dressed in her uniform. Yongmi had taken Kyung to get dressed so he was alone when he heard her in the shower.

 

She hummed in response and grabbed her bag. "Kyung's coming with us, right?"

 

"Is that okay with you?"

 

"It's no problem, actually it's better, it'll be 2 against 1 with Himchan." She said with a cackle.

 

He chuckled and nodded.

 

"You should go back to sleep, you've been skipping nights." She advised as she reached for the door.

 

"Are you worrying about me?" He asked with a smirk.

 

Eun Ah felt her face heat up, "Whatever, just don't pass out when we're gone."

 

"Have a good day at work Mrs. Bang."

 

Yongguk laughed evilly when Eun Ah threw her damp towel at him before heading out the door to meet the others.

 

-----

 

Eun Ah walked hand-in-hand with Kyung as they walked toward Himchan's car.

 

He groaned when he saw them approaching. He had avoided being her babysitter for this long but his luck finally ran out and now he was babysitting two of them.

 

"Oh look, it's Satan and Satan's offspring." Himchan said as they both buckled into his car.

 

Kyung ignored Himchan, only acknowledging Eun Ah in the front seat, "Noona, do you work in a ramen restaurant?"  

 

"Yes I do!"

 

"Can you cook, noona?" He asked as he played with his toy on his lap.

 

"Yeah, this noona can cook like a chef!" She said proudly.

 

"More like a chef from hell." Himchan muttered under his breath as he turned down different roads, nearing their destination.

 

Eun Ah pinched his thigh brutally and ignored his pained yelp.

 

"I'm a waitress, but I'll cook for you when we come home, okay?"

 

Himchan glanced at the rear view mirror and watched Kyung smile contently.

 

Am I really getting jealous of a five year old kid?

 

He ignored their banter as he drove them closer to the restaurant.

 

"Kyung, noona's going to be busy working, so I hope you can get along with your hyung, okay?"

 

The little boy scoffed, drawing Eun Ah's attention, "I'm being serious Kyung, remember what Yongguk hyung said?"

 

He pouted but nodded reluctantly and started humming to the radio.

 

Himchan glanced at her through the side of his eye. "God, you sound like a mom, it's so freaky."

 

"Is that a bad thing? He's only 5 and his mom isn't going to be here for another day."

 

"But it's not your responsibility to be a mother, you just need to be a guardian."

 

She shrugged nonchalantly as she rustled through her purse. "It's a mom's duty to look out for their child and keep them safe by any means necessary. I'm taking care of another mother's child so even if I'm just a guardian, I should look out for him especially since I'm the one that volunteered to take care of him. He's just a kid."

 

He tapped his fingers against the wheel. "Why did you even do that in the first place?  Why didn't you just leave him there? His mother obviously didn't consider him when she was planning her business trip. She just left him behind," He looked through the rear view mirror and made sure Kyung was still distracted. "She abandoned him."

 

Eun Ah looked up from her purse and stared softly at Himchan. She remembered his past with his own mother. More like, lack of a past.

 

He couldn't comprehend the type of motherly love that he was deprived of. He didn't know what that type of love felt like, he only knew what it was like to be thrown away by the people he should've trusted the most.

 

"She didn't abandon him.  She probably loves him a lot and just wanted the best for him. She's a single mom that's making money for her son. Sometimes, because we are young, we don't understand that the things that our parents do for us is for the best."

 

He wasn't sure if she was still talking about Kyung, but he just chose to ignored the burning feeling in his chest and pulled up to the ramen shop.

 

"We're here."

 

He killed the ignition and turned to open his door when he felt a hand pull him back.

 

"If you ever need someone to talk to--" Himchan cut her off by flicking her forehead.

 

"I swear to God oinkers, if you start getting mushy on me, I'll never give you a ride. Ever."

 

Eun Ah made a face of disgust and pushed his hand away. "Alright jeez, you shouldn't be so afraid of talking about your feel--"

 

Himchan slammed the door behind him and walked towards the ramen shop, leaving Eun Ah behind with a unamused look on her face as she helped Kyung out of his seat.

 

He checked over his shoulder and made sure she was trailing behind him with the kid as he pulled the door to the shop open and was immediately greeted by the warm and familiar scent of ramen.

 

He stood awkwardly by the door until something made him look up.

 

More like someone.

 

"Kim Himchan?"

 

-----

 

Yongguk picked up his phone and went to check his messages when he was greeted with Eun Ah's smiling face with him and Kyung in the background.

 

Stupid, pretty, pabo.

 

His face softened and he brushed his thumb along the screen. His phone was using the default wallpaper ever since he got the device in the first place and now, he couldn't think of reason to change it back.

 

He frowned when he didn't see a message from Woon, it seemed about time for him to badger Yongguk with questions about his actions yesterday.

 

In fact, Yongguk hadn't heard anything on the news or on the radio about the capture of an important drug smuggler either.

 

Yongguk shook his head and walked to Jongup's door. He knocked on it quietly before waiting for a response.

 

"Jongupie? It's hyung, can I come in?"

 

"Yeah."

 

Yongguk opened the door and saw Jongup sitting at his desk with his earphones plugged in with music blasting.

 

When he heard Yongguk sit on his bed, Jongup took his earphones out and turned in his chair to face him.

 

"What's up?"

 

Yongguk scanned the boy's face. "Just want to know how you're deali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter