Chapter 14

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk choked on his spit and stared at Yongmi in disbelief.

"What the hell are you talking about Bang Yongmi? Have you lost your mind?" Yongguk spoke out of his gritted teeth.

"Just hear me out. If people start hearing that Eun Ah is your wife, then your allies will take her seriously. Think abou it, Bang Yongguk, married? It'll be the biggest story any of our colleagues ever heard. So when you need to ask for help they'd be more open to doing it?" Yongmi watched her brother with a nervous eye, she knew her plan was a bit extreme, but Yongmi couldn't think of anything else.

Junhong bit his lip, "So, you basically want to do what Jiyong and Dara did?"

Youngjae snorted, "Yeah except those two were actually in love when they got married."

"No."

Everyone turned to look at Himchan who was staring at them from a corner.

"You can't force her to marry someone. You can't make her marry someone she doesn't want to be with, we've done enough to her, we shouldn't take all her freedom away. This is too much, this isn't right."

"Geez, since when did you care about Eun Ah?" Daehyun said as he ripped open a bag of chips on the counter.

"I don't care about her, it's just basic human rights at this point. There must be another way to get her in with our allies."

Yongguk felt off put by Himchan's dramatic reaction, this was the girl that he'd always give so much trouble to, why did he care so much?

Yongguk frowned and glanced at his sister, "He's right Yongmi, this whole idea is a bit farfetched. There is no way she's going to agree to this and quite frankly, I don't know if I'm such a fan of the idea myself."

Yongmi grunted in frustration, "Do you guys have any better ideas? There is no way in hell that any of our allies are going to stick their necks out for a random girl just because we ask them too, especially now that the news of her attack has most definitely spread. You all have to admit, that besides the unorthodox idea, it's the best plan that we've got."

Yongguk had to agree with that much. It worked well for Jiyong and Dara, he remembered how he had gone on board himself, without hesitation, when Jiyong came to him with the news and B.A.P wasn't the only gang that had his back.

And Yongguk knew that he could get similar results for himself. Jiyong had already said that he'd help them out, and parading around a wife might be the tipping point to get everyone else on board.

Yongmi smirked when she saw her brother arguing with himself. "Let's be honest, this might be the only chance for you to get married too." The rest of s, including Himchan had to laugh at the little statement of truth .

It was widely known that Bang Yongguk got to where he was because he was all business. He never wasted time with women or one night stands like most of the other gang bosses. He was widely known for turning down offers from every women that made eyes at him. Almost every single woman had a rejection story about Mr. Bang Yongguk.

In fact, the only time he ever spent frivolously was if it concerned Junhong and Yongmi, as terrifying as he is, he tried his best to give Yongmi and Junhong the parts of their childhood that they missed out on.

Their allies would go ape- if they found out Yongguk was 'in love' and married to a women that coincidentally needed protection as well.

"Yong--"

"I'll think about it, okay? Are you happy now? But don't get your hopes up, this is the last option."

Himchan balked at his reaction. "You're not seriously considering this are you? Don't you feel bad just a little bit for just doing whatever you want without thinking about her? This is her life too, you know."

The other members watched in astonishment as two of the closest members in their gang spit words at each other.

"I'AM thinking about her, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that Ryu doesn't get to her, and if in some twisted way, marrying her is the only way to do that then I will do it. You may think that this is wrong, but in the long run it's someone's life on the line, so look at me and tell me again that I shouldn't legitimately consider this plan."

Himchan just stared in disappointment at Yongguk before scoffing and walking out of the kitchen and to his room.

Junhong cleared his throat and spoke softly to his leader, "I think Himchan is kind of right. I mean, we've taken away so much of her life already but now we're taking away her right to get married to whoever she wants too?"

"Whatever, if it keeps her alive, then why the hell not? If she doesn't want to do it, then just let her die." Jongup nodded at everyone and headed up the stairs, to hole himself in his room again.

Daehyun chuckled, "Trust me Junhong, it's not a big deal, it's not like she has to stay married to him. She just needs people to think that they're together until we can dispose of Ryu. Once that's done everything can go back to normal."

After conversations settled down, everyone headed back to their rooms, leaving Yongguk and Yongmi in the kitchen.

"What goes on in your head that came up with this ridiculous idea in the first place?"

Yongmi frowned in concentration, "I think it's because of her."

Yongguk blinked at her serious answer.

"I felt horrible when I saw her at the barn. We were all supposed to look after her, not just you. We all messed up there, but we can't afford to mess up. She isn't like us, she can't defend herself against gangs and thugs, she depends of us and I needed to find something, anything to make her feel safe."

Yongguk felt bad when he saw the guilt riddled over his sister. "You shouldn't blame yourself Yongmi."

Yongmi laughed, "Yeah, yeah I know." Yongmi's laughter died down and was replaced with a grave look, "I know that if you decide to use this plan, that it's only for precautionary purposes, but Eun Ah is a normal girl and she might not see the benefits in this like we do, so try to be understanding, and try to be a good husband."

"Okay, mom." He said sarcastically.

Yongguk felt his stomach twist. How on earth was he supposed to know how to be a good husband? His goal was to keep Eun Ah safe, not keep her happy.

It's just one annoying thing after another.

Yongmi broke his train of thought with a sly grin.

"I hear that the best proposals are spontaneous, and on the spot, in the spur of the moment. So if it makes you feel any better, you should go engagement ring shopping soon."

-----

Eun Ah crawled in bed, trying to ignore the pain in that rang in her body.

The whole time that she was in her room she couldn't think about anything other than Yongguk finding appearing at the barn with that gun.

Everything horrible he had said or did to her in the past washed away and she just was thankful that he was willing to get shot just to save her. She rolled over on her side and pulled her blankets up and cuddled further into her mattress with a bashful smile on her face.

She knew he was just doing his job, but the it didn't stop her heart from beating a little faster than normal, the smile still drawn on her lips.

She sat up when she heard a knock on the door.

"Yeah?"

"Eun Ah?" Junhong stuck his head into her room and looked around.

Eun Ah nodded and shifted over in her bed, making room for him to slip under with her.

"What's going on Junhong?"

"Are you feeling better?" Eun Ah smiled at the sight of his hair innocently plastered to his forehead and him dressed in his pyjamas.

"Yeah, a little bruised but I'll live."

They laid in a comfortable silence before t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter