Chapter 13

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BANG!

But it didn't come from the gun.

"DID SOMEONE CALL FOR SOME BACKUP OR WHAT?!" Himchan yelled from his window as he hurtled his truck through the side of the barn, breaking through the wall.

"What-"

Before the man could even finish his statement, all 6 members of B.A.P leaped out of the truck and pulled out their weapons and drilled so many bullets into the air that they no doubt killed some mice running around as well.

When Daehyun's last bullet rang through the air, Yongguk dashed over to Eun Ah, ignoring the cut on his cheek from a piece of blistered wood, who was still on the ground and untied her from the chair.

He lifted her up and noticed that her body was limp. The side of her head had some blood caked on it from when she fell with the chair tied to her. He pressed his fingers to her pulse and breathed out in relief when he felt her heart beating against his fingers.

He slapped her cheeks, trying to get her to regain consciousness as Junhong and Yongmi ran over to check on her.

Yongguk hesitantly stepped back as Yongjae joined the two and took over, trying to wake her up. He felt useless, he couldn't protect her and now he couldn't help her get better either.

Jongup rolled his eyes at their antics, muttering something about how she was fine and that she wasn't going to die and climbed into Yongguk's car, while Daehyun approached his distraught leader.

"What the hell happened?"

"She wanted to go to the damn cemetery and when I looked away, they came after her."

"Why did you let her to go a cemetery?" He asked curiously.

"Because--" Because her parents died 9 years ago today and I felt bad. But I'm not allowed to feel bad. I felt bad, I showed weakness and look where it got me. I was supposed to scare her, that was the whole reason why I brought her out with Hyun Jin today.

Daehyun sensed his unease and changed the subject. "If it makes you feel any better, I don't think this was Ryu."

"What are you talking about?"

"This whole thing was amateur hour. The used zip ties and rope instead of handcuffs and seat restraints and they took her to a hideout a few meters from where they grabbed her. Ryu's men wouldn't be so careless, if it was Devlin, we wouldn't have found and killed them so quickly." He said insightfully.

"So why do you think they did this?"

Yongmi walked up to her brother and looked him in the eye.

"This was a decoy. Ryu must've hired those men from a drifter gang to kidnap unnie, except they weren't going to kill her. It was a test. They wanted to see how important she was to B.A.P and the fact that you went in there on your own and that all of B.A.P followed soon after just verified that we take priority with her. My only concern is how on earth did they know where to find her."

Yongguk glanced over her shoulder and saw Youngjae and Junhong helping Eun Ah, who was still battling consciousness, limp over to Yongguk's car.

He tossed Daehyun his keys. "You guys take my car and take her back, I'll ride with Himchan."

"Yongg--"

"I gave you guys an order, now follow it." He watched the two of them get in his car with the rest of the members and pull out. Yongmi gave him a small smile and wave until the car disappeared from sight.

Yongguk felt sick at that moment. He was supposed to protect her, if he couldn't protect her from some lone wolf gang, then how was he supposed to protect her from an organization like Devlin's Clan?

He turned to walk to the car and noticed Himchan, frozen in his spot, starring at the small puddle of blood on the ground. Yongguk just realized that his friend hadn't spoke once since he came through the wall.

"Himch--"

"How did this happen?" Himchan spat as he tore his eyes from the blood spot and faced Yongguk. "How could you let her get kidnapped?"

Yongguk's eyes narrowed, he felt his natural leader kick in when he heard Himchan's accusatory tone.

"I didn't let her get kidnapped, those men came out of nowhere, they blindsided me. I took my eyes off of her for a second."

"Stop making excuses. You told Daehyun to watch her all the time when she was at work because you said all Ryu needs was a second. You're the shot caller here, not her, I don't understand why you'd let her go to the cemetery just because she asked."

"Are you questioning my authority?"

Himchan wasn't here to challenge Yongguk, he respected the man, he just didn't want Yongguk to make a mistake that would cost them. Sometimes when you're right all the time you forget what it's like to be wrong.

"You know we're all lucky that this whole thing was a 'test' like Yongmi said. What would you have done if it wasn't? What would you have done if she died? This was her first attack and she already slipped through your fingers." Himchan was pissed at his rookie mistake. Bang Yongguk never makes mistakes, so why did he make one now?

"Himchan, I don't need you to point out my mistakes because I won't be making them again." Yongguk's eyes were blazing and Himchan's weren't that far behind.

"Yeah because if you did make them again, Ryu might actually get what he wants. She is trusting you and the rest of us to prevent stuff like this from happening. How are you going to convince her to stay under our protection when we proved unable to do it once."

Yongguk felt himself twitch, he didn't need his own team giving more than he was already giving himself. "Watch your tone Himchan."

"If our leader can't protect a random civilian from a second rate gang, then how are any of us going to be able to go up against Ryu?"

"I don't have answers for every single one of your ing questions Himchan. What the hell do you want from me?" Yongguk barked. He already knew that he messed up, he didn't need his crew reminding me.

"Nothing, I'm just making sure that nothing we do gets Eun Ah killed."

-----

Yongmi waited impatiently outside the medical room, Yongjae was checking to make sure that Eun Ah didn't have a concussion or any broken bones, but the younger girl just wanted to see her, she was worried sick about her and she knew that even if he didn't want to admit it, her brother felt the weight too.

"If you keep pacing around, you'll burn a hole in the carpet."

Yongmi jerked her head up and stared at the boy that was looking at her in concern.

Daehyun reached over and poked her forehead.

"Eun Ah is strong person and Yongguk saw everything. He wouldn't let her get hurt, so don't go driving yourself  crazy."

Yongmi sighed and furrowed her brows and stared at the closed door in front of her.

"She's been through so much today. She's probably on the verge of breaking. It's all our fault."

Daehyun pulled the younger girl into his arms and her hair with care.

"Don't worry, she'll be up and kicking....most precisely kicking either me or Himchan hyung."

Yongmi laughed and pulled away. "Thanks."

"Yongmi! Is Eun Ah out yet?" Junhong bounced on the balls of his feet and glanced nervously at the closed door.

Yongmi patted the boy's hair, "No, she isn't, but I'm sure she's fine. Come on, I'll make you something to eat."

Daehyun followed the two with a laugh bubbling his lips. "Really? You're going to cook?"

"HEY!"

-----

"Where is most of the pain?" Youngjae pulled some materials out of a cabinet and helped Eun Ah up on the high seat.

"Uhhh...does everywhere count?" Eun Ah rasped, feeling dry.

Yongjae laughed and handed her a glass of water.

"Well a lot of the bruises are just superficial. Like the ones on your thighs and arms. They'll feel sore but nothing in that area is broken." He passed her an ice pack and pointed at her red cheek.

She placed it on her cheek and sighed at the soothing feeling.

He gently lifted her shirt and surveyed the damage the k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter