Chapter 56

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah's eye twitched when footsteps came racing down the hallway following by hushed murmurs. She knew who was outside and suddenly she was the fighting the urge to lock the door and not let any of them in.

She had been alone for the past hour staring at Halmoni's body, hoping that she would miraculously wake up and be perfectly fine.

But she knew that wasn't going to happen.

 She switched her phone on to check the time. Ever since it first started ringing it wouldn't stop so she decided to turn the whole thing off. She didn't want to see or talk to anyone.  

She frowned when she saw the list of missed calls but chose to ignore the notification telling her that she had 10 from Yongguk.

She noticed the time and how late it was getting. Visiting hours were going to end soon so she grabbed some of her stuff and headed to the door. She took a deep breath before stepping out into the hallway where all of B.A.P stood.

She gives Himchan a tense nod, taking the signal, he ran into Halmoni's room to see her himself. The woman was a second mother to Eun Ah, but she was a huge part of Himchan's life as well. Eun Ah wasn't the only one hurting, worried sick.

"Oh God, love, are you okay?" Yongguk ran up to her and immediately took her into his arms. It was a gesture that would normally send butterflies twirling in her stomach, but when he held her this time, it felt wrong.

She felt like his embrace was suffocating her.

He pressed a kiss to her head, but she just stayed frozen with her hands limp at her side, refusing to hug him back. Her fists started to clench and her jaw locked together. He was mumbling reassuring words softly into her ear, but all she could comprehend was how much she hated all of it.

The rest of them stood by her with encouraging smiles but it only made her madder. It was as if none of them really knew what this was doing to her. They felt bad for her but they didn't know how let down she was feeling. They didn't see how this all broke her.

For the first time since she stayed with them, she felt like an outsider and she felt like everyone else were strangers.

She stiffly pulled away, even pushing him back a little.

Yongguk blinked at her actions in surprise and tried to meet her eyes, but she kept them away from him, "What's wrong, Hwang?"

She gave him a side glance before sneering at him, shocking everyone who stood around them.

She looked away and turned to see Daehyun, standing beside Yongmi.  "I want to go home."

Everyone except Daehyun gaped at the cold tone in her voice. He had grown accustomed to it, but it was new to everyone else. She sounded like a totally different person with her blunt, harsh words.

Yongguk stared at the back of her head helplessly, stunned by her sudden cold shoulder. Daehyun looked over her shoulder and glanced at Yongguk uneasily.

"Home?"

"I need to grab some stuff to spend the night here. Halmoni is listed as my guardian and since her son isn't here yet, I have special permission to stay the night." Eun Ah wanted to laugh at how accustomed she had become to the hospital.

The hospital was starting to become her second home considering how often she was staying there.

"But…alone?" Daehyun asked carefully.

Her face doesn't break its blank expression as she spoke, her lips and blinking eyes being the only things that moved. "Other than Himchan there's no one else I want here with me. No one else deserves to be here."

Daehyun winced and looked at Yongguk who only seemed confused at her behaviour. No one had heard her speak so hatefully before especially since it seemed to be directed at him.

"Alright. Let's go." Daehyun started to lead her away when Yongguk grabbed her arm, pulling her back.

"Hwang, what's wr--"

"Don't touch me." Her words were sharp and dark as she harshly yanked her hand out of his grasp and walked away.

Yongguk stared after her with wide eyes as her stiff figure slowly disappeared the further she got.

His heart sunk to his feet and his ears started ringing a high pitch scream as he looked around to s who just started back him, equally lost and surprised.

He expected her to be distraught and hysterical but he never thought that she'd react this way towards him.

He never thought that she might…hate him.

-----

Daehyun waited by the door as Eun Ah ran up to their room and grabbed a duffle bag before filling in with a bunch of randomly chosen clothes. She grabbed some toiletries and anything else she might need before racing out of her room, wanting to get back to Halmoni as quickly as possible

Eun Ah walked down the stairs and froze when she saw Yongguk staring back her from the base with cautious, pleading eyes. She scanned  the living room where she could see 5 pairs of feet hanging off the couches. She guessed that everyone except Himchan had come back and now they were going to take more time away from her and Halmoni.

Why couldn't they wait until after Halmoni recovers before drowning her in questions?

She paused for a second before regaining her composure and moved her feet forcefully down the stairs and brushed straight past Yongguk to slip her shoes on.

"Hwang."

She didn't acknowledge him and continued to tighten her laces.

"Talk to me…please."

 She knocked on the living room wall to get their attention. "Daehyun, I'm ready to go."

"Why are you acting like this?"

Something in Eun Ah flipped. It was hearing his tone, as if she was the one acting irrationally. He sounded confused even though it was all his fault, even though he was the one that lost her trust.

Why is he sounding like the innocent victim?

After all they'd been through.

After all the comforting words.

After all the trust.

After all the promises.

She finally snapped.

"Acting like what? Angry? I feel like I've earned the right to be angry after all that's happened."

His heart jolted when she finally spoke to him, but her snappish tone made him tread carefully. "I get that. What I don't get is why you're angry at us…more so at me."

"BECAUSE YOU PROMISED!"

Yongguk took a step back when she yelled, not expecting her shrill voice. The woman in front of him was no longer just the woman he loved but was a woman that was on the brink of losing her family.

The other members peered around the corner when she yelled, close enough to see the exchange but still far enough to hear her words.

"The day we went to Jiyong's house you promised that nothing would happen to her. That you wouldn't let anything hurt her. You said that Ryu wouldn't attack her shop twice but he did. HE DID AND HE ALMOST KILLED HER!" She screamed burning from anger.

Suddenly her reaction towards him made sense but that didn't soothe the pain in his chest."I messed up, Hwang, I know I did, but she can still pull through. There's still hope." He said weakly.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better? I trusted you! If you kept your promise, if you did what you said you would, she wouldn't even have to be in this situation in the first place. If she does pull through, she'll have to drag around an oxygen tank for the rest of her life. It's a lose-lose."

The look she was giving was so dark that Yongguk didn't even feel like he could recognize her. "You promised that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter