Chapter 31

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's Woon, he brought some backup and they're raiding the club." Luhan stated through the ear piece as Yongguk and the rest of B.A.P hung around in the room that Bohye was supposed to be in.

", thanks, try to stay out of his way, he might recognize your faces. And try to keep an eye out on what they're planning." Luhan let out a sound of approval before going offline.

"Ugh, did you have to leave him here? The smell of blood is getting too much and he looks so gross." Yongmi scrunched her nose at the heap of man in the corner of the room.

"They couldn't exactly give him a proper burial." Yongjae said as he took note of all the chemicals in the room.

"May he rest in peace." Junhong said solemnly.

"Yeah and the little dead gift in the lobby was a nice touch too." Daehyun said with a laugh.

"Where's the rest of EXO?" Yongguk enquired. He knew that a few of the members, under Luhan's leadership, were keeping eyes on the club but that left about 6 members taking out anyone that tried to enter the laundry mat except for Bohye and Ryu. They were in charge of keeping any unwanted obstacles out of the way.

"A few of them headed back to meet up with people that are working off site, but the rest are surveying the perimeter and watching the pig." Himchan updated as he played with his blade.

-----

Kris put his sunglasses on when he took his position on the roof of the building directly across from the laundry mat.

He pulled out his sniper and set it up before training it on the front entrance. Every now and then he'd point it at Yongguk's car and use the scope to make sure Eun Ah was still in sight.

He noticed, what looked like a girl dressed in black with sunglasses, walk past the targeted spots and into the daycare center and he had to keep his finger from pulling the trigger and shooting an innocent civilian.

Kris couldn't remember the last time he was on edge during a mission. He felt the pressure rising when he had to watch Eun Ah and the front door.

After about an hour he noticed 5 cars pull up to the front of Club Siren and watched as people dressed in tight dresses and flashy t-shirts made their way into the building.

He frowned and looked through the scope at the van where everyone came out of.

No one goes clubbing at 6PM.

He kept his eyes locked on the van and zoomed in on the passenger who stepped out of the car last.

"Woon?" He mumbled to himself. He had no clue what the officer that Yongguk was working with was doing at Club Siren, especially since Yongguk said he wasn't going to bring the cops into this.

Kris couldn't exactly kill a police officer especially in broad daylight so he sent Luhan a message, warning him about the cops.

He saw a man entering the laundry mat and put his silencer on before  shooting him through the back of the head.

The man collapsed in the lobby and Lay and Chanyeol ran by and dragged his corpse into an alley. 

He saw a figure walking towards the club but instead of walking into it, the person walked past to the laundry mat. He was about to shoot them down when the person looked over her shoulder and in the direction of the building he was sitting at.

He froze before turning his mic on, syncing with Yongguk. "She's coming."

He heard Yongguk confirming his actions before going back to keeping track of the front door for anyone who was coming in as back up.

When he thought the streets were empty, he shifted his gun to check on Eun Ah.

He zoomed in and felt his heart stop when the car was empty.

She was gone.

-----

"She's coming."

Yongguk glanced up and heard footsteps right after Kris clicked off of the mic.

Yongguk nodded at the other  members as they took their positions in the room. He slid behind the door and held his gun up when he heard the footsteps getting louder.

Everyone waited tensely until the door handle twisted.

But no one opened the door.

Yongguk jolted when he heard the same footsteps retract, racing back down the path they had come from as if they sensed people on the other side.

He swung the door open just as he saw Bohye standing by the elevator. Himchan stood behind him with his gun pulled on her as Yongguk chased her down, slamming her into the floor and settling his weight on her so that she couldn't breathe.

Vengeance and resentment filled his core when he locked eyes on her. He had been waiting a long time for this moment.

And here she was.

"Long time no see."

-----

Eun Ah gasped when she saw the drugs and almost toppled over on the chair she was standing on. When she heard someone walk around, she replaced the ceiling tile and jumped down from the chair.

They're at the wrong place. Holy , they're raiding the wrong building.

She looked over the room for an exit and noticed the window was plastered over with newspapers. She quickly ran over to it and ripped the paper off and threw it to the ground before pushing the windows up.

She stuck her head out the window and looked around until her eyes landed on a Chief Woon talking to a group of cops dressed in black.

"Chief! Chief Woon!" She whispered screamed as she looked over her shoulder, back into the room. She whistled and started throwing pieces of candy at him until he looked up in annoyance.

When his eyes landed on her they immediately changed and he automatically took a step towards her.

"I need your help! I need you to send someone up here!" 

Woon looked at her with a million questions running in his head when he saw her in this part of the town.

If she's here doesn't that mean that Yongguk is too?

"Did you hear me?" He looked up when he saw her waving her hands. "Send help!" He nodded and started walking briskly towards the daycare center.

"Sir! Where are you going? We need you to lead the SWAT team." Woon looked at the officer and anxiously back up at Eun Ah who's back was now facing the window.

He nodded at his hoobae and called another officer over and ordered him to go up after Eun Ah. 

Was she in danger? Was Ryu coming after her?

He felt the need to run after her and save her himself but he didn't have the chance to think. His mind was still reeling from seeing her a few feet from him, shivers running down his spine.

He gave the window one last look before being ushered into Club Siren.

-----

Eun Ah watched as Woon nodded at her and she was about to tell him what she found when she heard the door to the office slam closed behind her.

Eun Ah swallowed and turned around slowly to face the red haired girl that had cornered her in the bathroom  at Jiyong's gala.

 

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Eun Ah froze and watched as the girl glanced at the open window behind her. "I-I'm applying to work here. I was just checking out the office quarters."

The girl cocked her eyebrow and put her hands on her hips as she cornered Eun Ah into the corner, getting up in her face. "Really? Bang Yongguk's wife wants to work here?"

Eun Ah winced when the girl recognized her from that night.

"And you can't possibly be Dia, not when I am."

Shhhiiiiittttt.

Dia lifted her hand up to strike her across the face when the both of them heard Mrs.Kang speaking to someone outside.

"Ah, she should be up here. What's the reason for your visit officer?"

He must've sent a cop up. I just need to get away from her.

She waited a beat before roughly shoving Dia to the ground and running out the door. Everyone looked at her as she stumbled down the stairs while panting.

"We need to evacuate the building. We need to get these kids out of here."

The officer looked at her oddly as did Mrs. Kang.

"The drugs from Bohye are being processed in the office."  Mrs. Kang gasped and the officer pulled his gun out and pointed over Eun Ah's shoulder.

She with a squawk ducked her head when she heard a gun from behind her.

She turned and looked to see Dia standing on the stairs with her gun pointed at Eun Ah.

The kids screamed and ran behind Mrs. Kang who stood protectively in front of them with her cane blocking them.

Dia yanked Kyung, who was trying to run to Mrs. Kang, byt the back of his shirt and put her gun to his head.

"KYUNG!" Eun Ah screamed as the little boy started spilling tears on his cheeks.

"Let him go, he's just a kid!"

Dia a smirked and pressed the gun closer to his temple, "First, you're going to let me drive away,  unharmed before I give this kid to you."

Everyone flinched as she pulled Kyung towards the door, her gun not moving away.  Eun Ah saw the officer hesitate when he saw the little boy and felt her heart break at every sniffle Kyung let out.

Eun Ah furrowed her brows as she tried to recall her weapon training with Himchan. She pulled a small switchblade out of her bag and flicked it open, when Dia got close enough, trying to get to the front door, Eun Ah stabbed her in the side of her stomach and pulled it out with a twist. When she screamed in pain, Eun Ah reached forward and grabbed Kyung and shoved him protectively behind her, while pushing Dia to the ground.

The officer jumped into action and kicked the gun away from her before slapping cuffs around her wrists and pinning her to the ground.

Eun Ah turned to Kyung and held him close to her as he cried into her shirt, gripping onto her for dear life.

The cop pulled her up and dragged her to the stairs as he spoke into his walkie-talkie, requesting for medical assistance and backup.

Eun Ah lifted Kyung into her arms as he buried his nose into her collar.

Mrs. Kang had already hobbled to her desk and was making calls to the kids' parents as police officers stormed the daycare.

Eun Ah and another female officer, with the help of Mrs. Kang, ushered the kids out as they stood in front of the building.

Mrs. Kang came up to her and gripped her arm, "I'm guessing you didn't really want that position."

Eun Ah gave her a sheepish smile.

"I want to thank you for what you did for Kyung and the rest of the kids. I don't think I would've been capable of doing it myself. You saved their lives."

Eun Ah shook her head, "Don't worry, they're all safe, that's what important. That being said, I'm thinking it's time to find a whole new staff."

Mrs. Kang laughed as she shook her head, "That girl was so helpful, I couldn't imagine that she'd be into something so horrible." She sighed before walking over to the parents, explaining them the situation while sending their kids home.

"Umm excuse me," Eun Ah pulled a passing by officer, "Is Chief Woon nearby?"

"I'm sorry ma'am, he was just called into the laundry mat to put out an arrest." The officer bowed and walked away, leaving Eun Ah in shock.

Why was he in the laundry mat? Did something bad happen to the rest of them?

She was snapped out of her thoughts as Mrs. Kang came back with a frown on her face.

"We have a problem. Kyung's mom is on a business trip so she won't be back in town for 2 days. This little one has nowhere to stay."

"What does that mean?"

"He'll have to go with child services until his mom can pick him up."

Eun Ah looked down as the little boy who was looking back at her with a confused face.

"C-can I take care of him?"

Mrs.Kang looked at her in surprise, "You?"

"I'll give you all my contact info and leave my ID behind. He can stay with me and my husband and our family until she can come and pick him up."

Mrs.Kang looked unconvinced but she knew that this little boy didn't deserve to stay at an orphanage.

"Kyung, do you want to stay with this noona for a few days?" Mrs. Kang looked at the little boy with a soft voice.

Kyung responded by hugging Eun Ah tighter. "This is unconventional and honestly, I'll probably get an earful from his parents, but I don't think he has many options. Come over here and let me take down your information."

Kyung pulled on her hand, "Noona, after, can we get ice cream?"

Eun Ah smiled and ruffled his hair while rubbing his tears off his face.

"Of course, buddy.

------

Yongguk harshly pulled Bohye to the room by her hair and threw her on the ground before kicking her on the side, surely leaving a bruise.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter