Chapter 61

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She went back to the B.A.P headquarters. I think she's going to get their help or she's going to try to escape with them."

Ryu's eye twitched at the information and clenched his fist tightly. "I told her to come alone. She needs to learn her place.  She thinks she can just defy me and beat me at my own game?" Ryu turned and face the man before him with a hysterical look in his eye.

"I gave her a chance to come in willingly, but she's trying to play by her own rules. You better step in now. I gave her enough chances. You drag her here by the hair if you need to."

The man before him, smirked, excited to finally be able to take matters into his own hands.

"You got it."

-----

Eun Ah tried to keep her breakfast down as she drove back to Jaehyun's apartment. He had sent her a text before she broke into Yongguk's house that  he was going back to work so she knew it was safe for her to bring her weapons into his house.

She strapped a knife to her calf and shoved one gun in the waistband of her pants and left the rest in the bag in the seat beside her.  She felt jittery as the clock struck 5:00PM and she pressed down on the acceleration to get closer to the house.

"I still love you."

Yongguk's eyes widened and he felt his heart soar.  

She still loved him.

Then someway, somehow, he still had a chance with her. There was no way he would give up after hearing her say that.

"I love you. Oh God, I love you so much." Yongguk chanted by her ear as he took her into his arms, pressing her right up against him. He buried his nose in her neck, taking in her unique smell.  

Eun Ah let out a squeak as her face pressed against his shoulder, his scent hitting her senses hard. She felt her walls crumbling, but she couldn't give in now. Not when she was meeting up with Ryu.

Not when she might not come back.

She slid her hands up his chest and kept them there for a second, relishing in his heat, before gently pushing him back.

He stared at her as she turned to pick up her bag and reached to open the door. He put his hand on her shoulder and made her face him.

"Wait, where are you going?"

Eun Ah scanned his face, committing his features to memory before brushing his hand away.

"You said if I told you that I still loved you, you'd let me go. I told you the truth, now let me go." She didn't give Yongguk a chance to answer and stepped out of the door and got into her car and drove away.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled to herself as she pulled up into the parking lot.

-----

Yongguk sat back in his study, stunned that she had left for a second time, but still a little bit more energized. There was still something in her heart which meant all hope wasn't lost. He just needed to find away to take Ryu down and then he'd be able to make it up to her and win her back.

But taking down Ryu wasn't going to be easy.

Yongguk snapped his head up when his phone started ringing and hurried to answer it when he noticed Woon's number.

"Good to know your phone still works."  Yongguk said dryly, skipping the greetings. 

Woon chuckled lightly on the other end, "I know. Sorry, things have been really crazy over here."

Yongguk didn't reply and just flipped his pen between his fingers. "Did you learn anything about her father yet?"

There was a pause on Woon's end before he cleared his throat. "No. No, not yet, but I'm working on it. Speaking of which, are you and Eun Ah okay?"

Yongguk knit his eyebrows and continued spinning his pen, "Why are you asking?"

"Well she asked me for my partner's house address…..that and I was doing some research on her father and I saw the documents for your marriage annulment."

She really did it.

Yongguk dropped the pen and rubbed his eyes. "She's staying with your partner?"

"Oh….you didn't know?"

Yongguk tried to ignore the territorial feeling in his gut, "I'm guessing your partner isn't a woman."

"Uh…no." He could hear the sheepishness in his voice.

"Great." Yongguk breathed out as he covered his face with his hand. "Wait, is this the cop that was seeing her a while ago?"

"I think so, man." Woon said pitifully, feeling guilty that he gave his wife the address to the man who had feelings for her.

"."

"What even happened between you two? I thought everything was fine?"

Yongguk explained everything that had happened including the fire, Halmoni and how he had told his men to pull back from the restaurant. He only left out the part where Eun Ah had come back only to leave him again.

"I'm sorry to hear that man, but if it's any consolation, I should be getting back some tests on some of the evidence found at the crime scene soon. Hopefully that can give us something to pin Ryu with."

Yongguk leaned back on his chair and tilted his head up, "I can take any bit of help I can get at this point."

"She's really got you, hasn't she?"

Yongguk laughed happily, for the first time, as he stared at the ceiling, "Wrapped around her finger my friend."

-----

Eun Ah heaved the duffle bag up to Jaehyun's floor until she reached his door. She pulled his spare key out of her pocket and stuck it in the door, but before she got to turn the key, the door slowly creaked opened.

She stared at the knob and realized that the door was unlocked and slightly open all this time.

Did he forget to lock the door before he went to work?

She blinked and kicked the door open and stared into the dark apartment. "Hello? Jaehyun? Are you home?"

Eun Ah waited a few seconds but she heard nothing back. Not a single sound of someone moving or a breath of another being.

She narrowed her eyes and took a cautious step into the room before flicking on the lights.  Nothing looked touched or out of place and every door and window was left exactly the same way. She relaxed a little but made sure to lock the door behind her.  

She lugged her bag over to the kitchen counter and set it down before sitting on a stool, collecting her thoughts. She had an hour before she had to meet up with Ryu and she still didn't have the address.

Is he going to wait until the last second before making me race to wherever he is? Sounds like something he'd enjoy.

She sighed tiredly and looked around the kitchen. She couldn't find anything to stomach, she was basically counting down the minutes to her death and all she wanted to do was sit around, alone.

She remembered Halmoni once asking her what she'd do if she had one hour left to live.

At the time she had listed a bunch of things she wanted to do, like see all her loved ones, go for a picnic with them, donate her life savings to a charity and tell everyone in her life that she loved them.

Now it felt like even doing ONE of those things would take too long.

If this was six months ago, she wouldn't be that afraid to die because she had lost everything she had cared for.

Six months ago she had nothing to live for.

But that all changed six months later.

She had a brother, a family and the love of her life all in one place but as fate would have it, she was about to lose it all.

But she'd lose it if she knew that she was going to save them.

You win, Ryu.

Eun Ah suddenly felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up as goose bumps  formed on her arms. Her stomach started to feel unsettled as her heart rate picked up.

Do you ever feel like you're being watched?

She spun around when she heard floorboard creak behind and felt her heart jump at the person standing behind her.

"Wha--"

She barely got a word out when something sharp stabbed her in the side of her neck and her vision faded to black as she passed out.

-----

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter