Chapter 40

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15

16

17

18

19

20

Eun Ah counted in her head before her head came up and let out a loud panicked gasp when Yoon and Haemin yanked her head up from the filled tub. She sputtered as oxygen filled her lungs in a rush.  

She dry heaved as she coughed water out. They had been shoving her head under ice water for the last 10 minutes in gaps of  20 seconds and was starting to burn even though the rest of her face was numb from the cold.

"This is really refreshing. It's really helping clean my cuts. Thanks fellas." Eun Ah said sarcastically as water dripped down her bangs.

Daeho laughed in disbelief but continued to watched quietly from the corner of the room. He was surprised at how strong willed this girl was.

It had been a full 24 hours and nothing seemed to break her and he was curious as to what was keeping her so tough.

Her stabbed hand was turning a disgusting shade of yellow but the pain had resided to only when she moved her wrist and fingers.

Her cut eye was feeling sore and the skin felt tight when she blinked but the pain had subsided substantially. Unfortunately, Eun Ah didn't need a mirror to know that the cut was going to bruise grossly. When she touched the cut, she could feel that the skin had puckered and felt leathery.

"You're a tough , aren't you?" Yoon asked while gripping her wet strands.

Eun Ah spit water at his face and smirked, "What can I say? You guys are pretty soft-core but I guess I should've expected that from Ryu's men."

Yoon snarled at her, "I'm surprised that Yongguk is keeping this fat little by his side."

Not very smart, are they?

"Calling me fat isn't going to make your any bigger." It was fascinating how easily provoked these men where, they had the temper of a 13 year old girl.

"Trust me princess, I can show you but I'm plenty big." Yoon said as he adjusted his belt.

She laughed heartily, "It doesn't count if you shove two thirds of your personality in it, angel."

Haemin growled and shoved her head back into the tub of water, holding it under for 30 seconds longer.

Daeho stood up from the wall and headed out the door, "We need to do something soon, Junior is going to expect her dead body and if we don't deliver, he's going to want our bodies next."

He headed over to Sehyung who was snorting a line of coke. "What's the next step?"

Sehyung wiped his nose and closed his eyes before looking at Daeho. "Money. Word is that B.A.P is loaded, so we might as well make them pay her price."

Daeho frowned, "That's it? You kidnapped their leader's wife just to bargain for money? Shouldn't we get more out of this than that?"

Sehyung glared at him, "I'm the boss around here so we do what I say."

"But we could take out the biggest gang boss in Seoul and his wife! This is the perfect opportunity to make a big move."

Sehyung smirked and brushed past Daeho, "And give Ryu all the power? I don't think so. We get the money and then send her back. Simple as that. "

Daeho frowned as Sehyung walked into the metal room where Eun Ah was being kept. He paused for a second before grabbing his phone and walking out building.

He knew that just because they had leverage with the wife didn't mean that they were invincible. He also knew of B.A.P's skills and it was most likely that they were already out looking for her and at that point, he knew they'd all be screwed.

If they weren't going to do it his way, he was going to make sure his was still covered.

-----

"Where?"

"The last coordinates from her cell phone was in front of the ramen shop. In fact, it's still there which means she must have dropped it by accident." Yongjae said as he walked into Yongguk's study with his laptop.

"." Yongguk mumbled as he rubbed his eyes. He had sent Himchan to go after the cop she was last seen with, but it turns out that he had returned home after talking to her.

Alone.

He even had a receipt from a diner where he went to pick up dinner with the time stamp from just after she went missing.

God, I'm the worst.

If he hadn't left her there, she would've been reading in his study or playing videogames with Junhong and Yongjae. She would've been picking a fight with Himchan or getting bullied by Daehyun. She would've been talking with Yongmi or being ignored by Jongup.

She would've been in bed with him, within his grasp. She would've been easy to pull into his arms or spend the evening talking to him in the backyard. She would've been close enough to kiss or joke around with.

She would've still been as safe.

This is the second time.

"What should we do now?"

Yongguk stared at his hands, his eyes tracing over the ring on his finger over and over again. The ring that, at first, was just a prop in their little act, but now had become a symbol for so much more.

It had become everything to him and that had started to scare him.

She started to scare him.

"Now, we split up."

-----

Yongguk pulled up to the front of the ramen shop with the rest of B.A.P and stepped out. His eyes scanned the area until he landed on a small device on the cement. Everyone watched from their cars as Yongguk walked soullessly to the sidewalk and picked something off the ground.

Yongmi and Daehyun were paired off and sat in the car, tears lining her eyes as she watched her brother's shoulder shake. Daehyun reached out and grabbed her hand, softly rubbing his thumb as she tried to hold herself together.

Of all people, she couldn't believe it was happening to Eun Ah.

Junhong and Yongjae were in another car. Himchan and Yongguk were in another with Jongup who was going to go off on his own.

Every car was equipped with their most dangerous and high tech equipment. They were pulling out all the stops.

Yongguk felt his eyes burn when his fingers gripped her phone. The screen was cracked but it was still functional. The metal felt cold between his fingers from being outdoors all night but all he could imagine was how warm it must've been in her pocket or in her hand just a few hours ago.

He turned it on and he broke down more when he saw the wallpaper she had chosen.

It was a picture of them in the pool from a few weeks ago. Yongmi must've taken it because it was the exactly moment when he pulled her by the waist to his chest before dunking her head in.

It was a photo of him holding her close to him with the moonlight, the pink and purple sky and warm lamps lighting the both of them up.

Why would she even want this picture?

He was a failure. He promised to protect her, he promised to keep her away from danger but he did the exact opposite by leaving her alone at night on purpose.

He wanted Eun Ah to yell at him, to tell him that he was useless and didn't deserve her. He wanted her to scream into the phone how much she hated him and how she should've never trusted him, but she did something worse.

She said she missed him.

He bit back a sob and felt his shoulders quake. He missed her so much he was going to go insane, he hasn't slept a wink last night, trying to figure out her whereabouts.

And how was expected to sleep without her?

Even still, he found no reason to complain. He had no right to whine about being tired when he could only imagine what Eun Ah was going through.

"Yongguk?"

He cleared his throat and wiped his eyes before turning around. "Oh, Halmoni, how are you?"

She just smiled softly, "I'm wonderful, how are you and Eun Ah? Himchan told me about you and Eun Ah but I never got a chance to talk to you."

He looked at her and suddenly felt even less worthy of Eun Ah.

"Ah, yes, we're doing well. Thank you for asking."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter