Chapter 37

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah stood on the bed and stared down at Yongguk the next afternoon. She needed a ride but he had fallen asleep. She was dressed  to meet up with Dara and Chaerin for lunch at a hotel restaurant.  

They had called and demanded that Yongguk  let her out of the house for a few hours to hang out. Yongguk was hesitant but the girls said that they were going to take bodyguards with them so he had nothing to worry about.

After constant threats and begging he finally agreed to let her out of his sight.

Especially when they told to him to stop hogging her all to himself.

Eun Ah tapped her lip as a hundred devious ways to wake him up ran through her mind.  She panicked when he shifted and went to her default.

Aggressively jumping on the bed.

"Wake upppppp! Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake upppp!"

Yongguk groaned and his back while rubbing his face. He blinked his eyes open to see Eun Ah in a pretty dress and braided hair, bouncing on the bed.

"Wake up! You said you'd drive me to lunch!" She said while jumping.

He covered his face with a smile and grunted when his body bounced up with her as she pushed herself up and down on the mattress.

She was bloody lucky that he was only napping or he would've shoved her off the bed himself.

He shot his hands forward, grabbing her and she squeaked when he slammed her down on the mattress. Pinning her down, he rolled over her and stared into her eyes.

Eun Ah's mouth fell open and her eyes widened when his nose brushed hers. His hands were clamped near her ribs and she could feel his voice rumble down her body.

"I'm up, okay! Give me 10 minutes to shower and get dressed and I'll be out."

Eun Ah swallowed deeply and nodded feebly. He smiled and bumped his nose against hers before he rolled off her and headed to their shared bathroom. When the  door closed Eun Ah put her hand on her chest feeling her heartbeat rapidly against her ribs.

God.

She spread her limbs on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. She could smell his scent off of the blankets so she rolled herself in the quilt and waited patiently for Yongguk to come out.

Her mind was jumbled all over the place for the last few days and she seriously needed to work things out.

She wasn't accustomed to being around someone like him for such long periods of time and now she was starting to realize that she always lost her breath around him.

He always made dry up and she had no clue why.

She looked over to the bedside table and noticed his phone. A smile worked its way up her lips as she wiggled her hand out of her blanket burrito to grab the phone.

I wonder if he kept the photo.

She turned the phone on and softened when the picture of her, Kyung and Yongguk was still set as his wallpaper.

She flicked his camera on and proceeded to photo spam him. She made cute faces, ugly faces, stupid faces and even took pictures while she accidentally fell off the bed.

She groaned when her hit the floor but she still checked his photo gallery and smiled evilly when she counted 108 new photos.

Hehehehehehe.

The door opened just as she placed his phone down as Yongguk stepped out, fully dressed, drying his hair with a towel.

"That wasn't 10 minutes." She said haughtily as she climbed back on the bed.

Yongguk scoffed with a smile and threw his damp towel on her face.

"Sue me. Let's go, Hwang. Before I change my mind and make you walk there."

Eun Ah laughed dryly and hung the towel on the door, "Please, like you would ever let me walk anywhere."

Of course not, Hwang.  

Yongguk shook his head and grabbed his phone off the table before walking behind her. He gave her a light pat, the act making her eyes widened in shock.

"Yah! ert! What do you think you're touching?"

Yongguk dodged her fist and chuckled as he jogged down the stairs.

"What can I say? You have a cute ."

-----

Yongguk pulled up to the front of the hotel and eyed the front warily. He glanced out her window side and watched as men dressed in black suits with ear pieces stood by the front.

He looked at the silver B on their collar and looked back at Eun Ah.

"Call me when you guys are done, I'll drive you to work and if anything feels wrong call me right away."

She nodded with a smile and reached for the handle. "Don't worry about me."

She opened the door and was about to step out when she felt a hand pull her back. She looked over her shoulder and saw him holding onto her with a frown.

"I'll be fine." She re assured him but the frown didn't leave his face. "What's wrong?" She asked quietly.

Yongguk eyes landed on her left hand and stared at her ring.

I just have a bad feeling.

He gently let go of her arm and reached over to fix the strap on her dress.

"Just be...alert."

She smiled and nodded, giving his hand a squeeze before walking out to the front of the restaurant.

She looked back and gave him a wave before the men in black approached her. "Mrs. Bang Eun Ah?"

Eun Ah's heart picked up at the way her name sounded with his surname attached.

It sounded so right.

There's a ring to it.

She nodded slowly and they led her to the patio where she saw Chaerin and Dara talking to each other while sipping drinks.

"WOOOO! She's here! Let's get this party started!" Chaerin cheered as Eun Ah took a seat.

"Oh jeez, what's with her?" She asked with a laugh.

Dara shook her head with a laugh, "She's had one too many mojitos."

The three of them ordered food and caught up with each other, telling stories and jokes. Eun Ah enjoyed the time they spent getting closer to the girls. Even though they had an elite air surrounding them, the girls were so laid back and dorky.

It was a nice change from the sausage fest back at the house, (excluding Yongmi, of course).

Two hours later the three of them leaned back in their chairs as their plates were removed from the table.

Dara had insisted on giving her ride to work so that they could hang out longer, so Eun Ah sent a text to Yongguk and smiled at his reply.

From: The Husband

Fine. But don't die or I swear to god...

To: Eun Ah

That idiot.

She kept looking up at Dara, there was a question that was bugging her for a while but she was too shy to ask.

"Come on woman, I know you want to say something. Stop staring at me or I might start thinking you're in love with me!" Dara said with a joking smile.

Eun Ah blushed shyly at her, "I-I'm not sure if I'm crossing the line, but how did you know you were in love with Jiyong?"

Chaerin groaned loudly and signalled the waiter for a drink when she noticed the dreamy look on Dara's face that she knew well.

"It was hard, but I knew he was important to me. When I first met Jiyong, it was because I bumped into him at one of the clubs Big Bang owns. I didn't know who he was but we ended up talking and having a good time. I was pretty candid around him because I assumed we'd never see each other again, but as luck would have it, we kept running into each other."

Eun Ah watched as Dara played with the ring on her finger when she spoke.

"He never made it easy. There were times when he was sweet and caring, but there were times when it seemed like he wanted nothing to do with me. I could tell that there was something special but he was always flipping back and forth that I never knew." She took a shaky breath and Eun Ah knew that she was replaying those hurt feelings in her mind.

"He kept telling me to stay away from him but I couldn't. Even though he'd act annoyed and be with different girls, I didn't want to just shove him out of my life. It got to a point where he yelled at me, telling me that he hated me and wanted nothing to do with me and that's when I ended it. I stopped trying to be friendly, I stopped  looking for him in a crowd but that didn't mean I stopped missing him. That was also when I was cornered by a bunch of thugs. I managed to escape, but I still needed to go to the hospital. When he found out, he destro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter