Chapter 34

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah bit her lip as she stared at herself in the mirror. Yongguk had given her privacy to get changed while he went to get Kyung ready.

She criticized her outfit, a simple floral summer dress that ended at her knees with a fancy black coat on top.

Is this too much?

Is this too simple?

She furrowed her brows and fiddled with her hair, she couldn't remember the last time she was this insecure. 

Why do I care how I look? It's just Yongguk.

She couldn't help but feel jittery, she wanted to look good for some reason and she couldn't figure out why.

He hadn't told her where they were going other than telling her to look nice.

She fixed her waved locks before stepping out to meet the two boys at the door. She kept her eyes on the ground to avoid their reactions. She was too shy to see their faces when they saw her dressed up.

Yongguk felt himself warm from the inside when he saw her walk down the stairs.  She looked so innocent with the blush on her face that he was positive that he'd never seen anything like her before.

God damn.

He just wanted grab her and kiss her until the blush spread to every inch of her face. He wondered what it would feel like to be the only person to make that hue flush her face.

Pink was a good look on her.

What is going on with me?

This woman was messing with his body.

"Noona! You look so pretty! Right, hyung? Isn't noona the prettiest." Kyung said as he ran up to Eun Ah as she reached the door.

She laughed lightly and tried to ignore Yongguk who was staring right through  her by slipping her shoes on.

"She looks beautiful."

Eun Ah felt everything slow down around her as she slowly trailed her eyes up his body before they landed on his face. He was wearing a denim button up shirt with a white v-neck underneath with a pair of black jeans.

He didn't look so bad himself.

Her eyes filled with astonishment. She picked up sincerity in his eyes and the softness made her insides melt.

"You look beautiful, Hwang."

Eun Ah gave him a timid smile before looking away. "Thank you."

"Are we going now?" Kyung asked oblivious to the looks that the two adults were sharing.

The two snapped out of their daze and looked down at the young boy. Eun Ah smiled and stretched her hand out for Kyung to hold.

"Let's go."

Eun Ah and Kyung walked out first while Yongguk locked the front door. He turned around and saw Kyung and Eun Ah dancing together in the driveway while they waited for him.

How did he end up with two of the most adorable people in the world? It was amazing how someone who could beat Himchan to a pulp could turn from an innocent little girl in a dress to a stunning...angel?

He herded them into the car before pulling the car out of the driveway.

How did he get so lucky?

"Apppaaaaaaa! Are you serious?" 15 year old Eun Ah stomped her foot angrily when her dad ignored her and flipped his newspaper.

"I'm not going to repeat myself bunny, I said no and that's final."

"But Appa, it's Park Yonghan. He's the cutest boy in school." She whined.

Ah Min sighed and set his newspaper down. "You're 15 years old, bunny, you're too young to be dating."

"I'm not a kid, you can't tell me what to do." She said stubbornly.

"You're living under my house, so my rules. You can date when you're married because I'm not letting you date some random senior." He stated sternly.

"Arrrgh, Appa, I hate you! It's just one date! Why are you ruining my life?!" She yelled as tears formed in her eyes.

Ah Min felt himself fill with guilt.

He made his little girl cry, but he just wanted to protect her.

She was his daughter, he just wanted the best for her.

"Bunny, don't cry. I know you're mad, but I just don't want you to get hurt. This Yonghan boy isn't worth it. You can do so much better than him and you're only 15. You have your whole life ahead of you to meet a boy and fall in love, but now isn't that time. He doesn't deserve someone as perfect as you."

"How would you know? What if he's the one? What if he's the one I'm going to marry?"

Her father looked at her helplessly, "If it's meant to happen then it's meant to happen, but I don't want you dating some boy that is 3 years older than you. You're not marrying anyone anytime soon, you're so young. I just don't want this boy breaking your heart."

Eun Ah's tears slowed down but she still refused to face her father.

"Fine, you can date before you get married, but when I meet this guy, he has to be worthy of you. He has to be someone who can protect my bunny and love her. You're my precious little girl and the man that is lucky enough to steal your heart should be able to keep it safe too. He needs to be someone that I can trust you with, someone that will put you before anything else. I know it seems like a lot, but when you come home with a guy like that, I'll be more than happy to let you get married."

Eun Ah glanced at her father apprehensively, "I'll never find someone like that!"

He held his daughter's hands and looked at her with the utmost honesty, "Bunny, you are smart, beautiful, kind and funny. Any guy would be lucky to even be in your presence. You will meet someone who will appreciate you and realize how lucky they are to have you. You will find someone who worries about you more than I do and fusses over you as much as your mother does. Why? Because you're Hwang Eun Ah."

"So I can't go on that date?"

He sighed and gave her an apologetic smile."The answer is still no, sweetie, boys are still immature, so don't need to rush these things and you don't need to grow up so fast."

The primary anger fizzled out and was replaced with reluctant agreement.

"You'll always be our bunny, but one day you'll be someone's last and only love. Just give it time."

Eun Ah glanced up at Yongguk from the passenger seat and watched him drive while he glanced at Kyung, asking him about his day.

They might not be in the most conventional or even legitimate relationship, but Eun Ah was sure of one thing.

You'd really like him Appa.  

-----

Yongguk was determined on keeping their night a secret, no matter what Eun Ah did.

She begged.

She said pretty please.

Her and Kyung used their best puppy eyes.

The only thing she hadn't tried yet was agyeo.

Pffft, maybe in another life.

She settled on singing loudly to the radio, with Kyung doing the background vocals, hoping that her obnoxious voice might annoy him into spilling the beans.

"DRIVING DOWN SEOUL CITY, BLACK ON BLACK LAMBORGHINI, HATERS CAN'T EVER SEE ME COME AND GET ME...TOO SLOW!"

Yongguk laughed as she bore into the side of his face, rapping with a straight face at the top of her lungs. He hoped that this wasn't her plan to get him to tell her their plans for tonight because he was actually enjoying her little show.

It wasn't every day that she'd do something so embarrassing yet so cute and if he wasn't driving he would've been filming this for future use.

"Hit it Kyung!" Eun Ah pointed to the back seat when the chorus came up. The boy sat up excitedly and sang along.

"CAN'T NOBODY HOLD US DOWN! NOTHING'S GOING TO BRING ME DOWN! IF YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP IT, WE JUST KEEP ROCKING TONNIIIIGGGHHHHTTTTT! CAN'T NOBODY HOLD US DOWN!"

"Clever, but that isn't going to work, Hwang. But by all means, go for verse two, I'm really enjoying this experience."

Eun Ah pouted and crossed her arms over her chest childishly and looked out of the window. It wasn't fair, she was sure that he was just keeping it a secret to mess with her. His smile grew bigger with fondness at the 26 year old baby sitting beside him as his car slowed down at a red light.

He leaned over to her and nudged her shoulder with his head. "Awww, is my little Hwang getting upset?"

With her head still facing the window, Eun Ah's eyes widened.

M-my?

She slowly looked over her shoulder to see Yongguk leaning with his face inches away from hers.

"Don't be mad, I swear it'll be worth it." He said with a teasing voice.

Eun Ah opened to talk, but nothing came out when she saw excitement glitter in his eyes.

He just looked so gorgeous that his proximity was making her dizzy. It amazed her that someone with such a difficult past could smile that wide and innocently.

But then again, she was like that herself.

"Just drive." She breathed out as she pushed his forehead back with her finger. 

They drove for a while, with music playing softly in the background. Her mind drifted peacefully until she saw a sign pass them by.

"No way." She mumbled to herself until she could see the bright lights in the distance.

"No. Freaking. Way." She exclaimed as the gates came into view. She started bouncing in her seat as her grabbed Yongguk's arm.

"The carnival? You're taking us to the carnival?" She couldn't stop the childish smile on her face when she heard Kyung making happy sounds from the backseat.

Yongguk looked at her from the side of his eyes as he leaned out the window to pay for their tickets.

"Was it worth the wait?" He said with a smile as he found a park

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter