Chapter 65

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The food here is crap, trust me, I know.  Do you want me to go out and get you something else?" Eun Ah said as she peered at the bland, colourless mush on Yongguk's plate.

"No it's fine, I--" Yongguk stopped short when Himchan slipped into the room. "Actually, yeah, sure. Just go somewhere nearby and get anything."

Eun Ah nodded and kissed him on the cheek before grabbing her wallet. She walked to the door and saw Himchan who nodded at her.

"Piggy."

"Oh go drink cement." She deadpanned before lightly punching his shoulder. Once they were alone, Himchan moved further into the room.

"Why do you still pick on her?" Yongguk asked with a smile.

"There are certain things in the world that you will never understand Yongguk, and one of those things is how to show that you care through constant, never ending, over excessive, harassment. It is an art skill."

"Is that the same mindset you used when you got the matching tattoo?" Yongguk asked cheekily.

Himchan started sputtering, his ears turning red. "She told you about that?"

"You're her brother and even if she doesn't show it, you mean a lot to her." Yongguk stated slowly.

Himchan tilted his head and eyed Yongguk, "Where is this going?"

Yongguk took a deep breath and confidently met his eye, "Himchan, will you give me permission to re-marry your sister?"

"I thought you said that you weren't going to marry her. That you'd love each other either way." Himchan said with a smirk.

"Sometimes she says things just asking to be fooled." He said fondly.

Himchan shook his head, "And now you're asking for my blessing?"

"Yeah. This time, I'm going to do this right. She deserves that much. You're her brother and I need to know that you are willing to give us your blessing." Yongguk looked up and saw Himchan leaning against the counter with his arms crossed and an evil grin on his face.

Yongguk squinted his eyes at him, "What?"

"Nothing, it's just nice to see you begging."

Yongguk snorted, "I'm not begging for anything. Bang Yongguk doesn't beg."

Himchan raised an eyebrow, "Oh really? What would you do if I didn't give you my permission?"

"Oh come on!" Yongguk groaned.

"I don't know man, you really messed her up by forcing her to marry you before."

"This is different!" He exclaimed.

"How?"

"WE'RE IN LOVE NOW!" He boomed desperately, on the verge of begging

Oh how the weak have fallen.

"So?"

"So? So, I love that woman to death and if I can't marry her, I'm not going to marry anyone. I'm not going to force her to marry me, I want to ask her to spend the rest of her life with me." Yongguk said seriously.

"What if she says no?" Himchan challenged with a raised brow.

"I'll wait. God damn it, Himchan, I'll wait until we're both on our deathbeds if that's how long it takes her to say yes to me. She's all I want, I don't need anyone but her."

"You know, she looked pretty bummed out when you said you weren't going to marry her. You really crushed her spirits." Himchan was trying to hide the amusement in his voice.

This is fun.

"I'll make it up to her, okay? I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to her as long as you let me have her hand in marriage."

"You're okay with being in-laws?"

Yongguk snorted, "You're basically already a blood brother, so what difference is this going to make?"

"If you hurt her…" He threatened.

"I won't, I swear I won't."

Himchan stared at him for a while before a small smile broke out on his face. "So, Bang Eun Ah, huh?"

Yongguk smiled back, "Has a ring to it, doesn't it?"

Himchan straightened his expression when Eun Ah came back and watched her hand Yongguk his food.

Yeah, yeah it does.

-----

Woon leaned back on his chair with his phone wedged between his ear and his shoulder. The precinct was in a  mess when the news of Jaehyun's involvement with the Devlin Clan was putting the office in a tight spot.

Rumours of corruption and distrust were floating around the media, but at the moment, Chief Woon couldn't care less.

The precinct deserved to be screwed after hiring Jaehyun. On further investigation, he had learned that Jaehyun had specifically worked to become his partner because he wanted to follow Woon closely, knowing who his late partner was.

"So, how was it? Seeing the two of them?"

The man on the other end sighed, "I would never, in a million years imagine those two together."

"Fate has a weird way of playing out, doesn't it?"

The man sighed, thinking back to the last time he had seen the two of them, "I guess it does. I just can't wrap my head around him taking the bullet for her."

"They're rather in the love, the two of them. Even I was surprised to see it, knowing him." Woon admitted.

"He's actually serious about her?"

"I wouldn't doubt anything less. She loves him and he loves her. Why? Do you not think he is?"

"You should've seen the way she looked at him, Woon. She looked like the bullet hit her in the head."

"The two of them, they remind me of another couple." Woon said lightly.

The man laughed, his voice filled with nostalgia, "I have a lot to apologize for."

"You'd have to face your children first. You haven't seen both of them in a long time. Especially your son. Your daughter would be a lot more forgiving, though."

"He wouldn’t recognize my face. I'm sure he more than hates me and his mother for what we did." He said, sadly.

Woon could do nothing but shrug. "You never know."

"What about you? I doubt it will bode well for any of them if they find out what you've been keeping from them this time."

Woon didn't have to be told, he knew that he was betraying their trust, but he had too, "It's worth it."

The man stayed silent before finally talking, "At least Yongguk and Eun Ah have each other. I feel like I can sleep a bit better knowing that she's being looked after."

"So you're giving those kids your blessing?" Woon asked curiously.

He sighed through the phone, "When I went to save her, I saw her mother's eyes. The same goes for him as well. It was like I could Hae Yong and Min Jung in both of them. It was uncanny. The thing is, the love I saw in both their eyes was incomparable even to what I had."

"Is that a yes?"

"If they asked me for my blessing, I would say yes with my eyes closed."

-----

"What were the two of you talking about?" Eun Ah asked as she and Yongguk cuddled together on his hospital bed.

She had her arms wrapped around his waist and pressed her cheek flat on his chest. He had one of his arms around her shoulder with his chin resting on top of her head. Theirs legs were a tangled mess, but the two of them never felt more comfortable than they did on the stiff, tiny, single sized b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter