Chapter 24

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk had been watching Eun Ah sleep since he woke up.

Neither of them moved throughout the night, if anything, they shifted closer to each other. Yongguk's face was pressed against her shoulder and his leg was thrown over hers, caging her in. Even his free hand had wormed its way around her waist, hugging her like a koala. 

He wasn't going to lie, she was pretty comfortable to sleep with.

Not that he'd want to or anything.

Both of their hands weren't just cuffed together but their fingers had stayed laced through the whole night as well.

To most people the proximity might have been uncomfortable because of the body heat that they both shared, but with the AC on full blast the two of them were searching for warmth the whole night, snuggling closer to each other.

However, once he woke up, he was supposed to get some work done, but with their hands shackled, he didn't have that many options other than laying there with her.

He could easily wake her up and drag her along, but he felt guilty, he knew that she was still feeling the after effects of her cold.

More sleep could be useful for her.

He sighed and brushed her hair out of her face.

Hwang Eun Ah was one of the most confusing people he had ever met in his life.

He never felt like protecting and strangling a person at the same time.

She managed to rile him up so easily but she could calm him down just as quickly. 

"You must have hated putting that ring on my finger."

He didn't hate doing it, in fact, he was positive that he'd never be able to do that act again.

So he kind of treasured it, even if it was all a sham.

It really was a once in a lifetime thing.

"Will you still be satisfied even if it doesn't turn out your way?"

 His face darkened at that thought and the warm fuzzy feelings were replaced with ugly vengeful ones.

No. I won't be satisfied until Bohye is killed by my hands. That's my only purpose and nothing would make me do otherwise.

"Oh you're up?" Eun Ah groggily rubbed her eyes as she looked at him over her shoulder.

Yongguk shook out of his darkness and reached to his bedside table to check his phone, "Mmm, just go back to sleep, you the need the rest."

Eun Ah was flustered at the sound of his deep, gruff morning voice. It sounded so warm and scratchy that it made her just want to bury herself back with him and fall asleep in their little warm quilt nest.

It was such a nice, new feeling. To be able to feel so comfortable and safe with someone.

She wondered if he felt as cozy as she did.

She was about to do as he said and sink back in when she looked over at him and saw something poke out of his t-shirt, when he turned his back to her to check his messages.

"You have a tattoo?" Eun Ah used her free hand to pull down the back collar of his shirt to trace the ink that was carved into his skin.

She squinted her eyes to see the image.

A dragon.

Yongguk set his phone down and tried to distract himself from the soft feeling of her fingers drawing on him mixed with her hot breath fanning over the tattoo.

"I got it years ago. Why? Do you like tattoos?"

12 year old Eun Ah swung her feet against the counter and watched her mother mix frosting in a large red bowl as she the batter off a spoon.

"Bunny, don't eat too much, the raw eggs won't be good for your tummy."

Eun Ah ignored her mother and continued tasting the mix.

"Will Appa like the cake?" Eun Ah glanced at the red velvet cake that was cooling off on the kitchen table.

"If his bunny made it, he'd love it for sure."

Eun Ah giggled and watched her mom work. She loved baking so the house would always smell like a bakery. Since it was her dad's birthday, the two of them had woken up early to prepare his favourite cake for him.

Eun Yong expertly folded the cream cheese icing and added some more sugar. She leaned over and grabbed some vanilla extract causing her baggy white t-shirt to slip off her shoulder, exposing her skin to her younger daughter.

"Umma, why do you have a tattoo?"

Her mom froze and then laughed off Eun Ah's question.

"I'm not sure, bunny, I guess I just felt like it."

Her daughter poked the design on the back of her mother's shoulder. Eun Ah had always thought that the drawing was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen.

It was a fancy large star with three small stars, one on either side and one on top. The big star was slightly lighter that the smaller ones but it was still amazing to her.

 She had never seen a star that looked that unique and she thought it was the coolest.

"Why'd you get it?" She asked innocently.

Her mother stopped stirring and looked up at the ceiling, tapping her lip with her finger before facing her.

"Well, the big star is me and the small stars are you and your father."

"What about  third one?"

Her mom gave her a soft smile and brushed Eun Ah's bangs aside. "It's for someone very special that you haven't met."

"Do you know why I got the small ones?"

Eun Yong stood in front of her daughter and held her to her chest when she shook her head.

"It's because you guys are the most important people in my galaxy."

Eun Ah smiled and hugged her back, breathing in the cotton and rose scent that seemed to always fol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter