Chapter 6

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah gulped nervously when she saw the anger blazing in Yongguk's eyes. His face was frozen in a look of absolute, undeniable animosity, and even still, it looked like he was holding back. She slowly stood up, ignoring the pain blaring in her shoulder.

"Dude! This girl is ing crazy, if I didn't run into her, god knows where she'd be by now. Not to mention now I smell like a wet dog." Himchan whined.

Eun Ah couldn't help but snort, "That's cause you are a wet dog."

"Shut. Up." His deep voice vibrated through the walls and sent prickles of fear up her spine.

"W-Wait, don't be too--"

"Everyone go to your rooms." His voice went down an octave and sounded so calm that it frightened her even more.

"Oppa--"

"Go to your rooms. NOW!" Yongmi and Junhong gave them both a worried look before doing what they were told.

Himchan snickered and strutted off with the rest of them. Eun Ah swallowed the lump forming in as Yongguk's stare never left her face.

Heavy silence fell on both of them as they waited to hear the 6 doors close shut. She felt nervous all of a sudden, the confidence that she normally held when trying to escape before suddenly evaporated from her.

Eun Ah's eyes flitted away as she tried to think up something to say, but when she opened , he cut her off.

"Shut your mouth."

Eun Ah gaped at him, unsure how to react at his acrid tone.

"Do you want to die?" His voice remaining deathly quiet.

"W-what?"

"If you wanted to die so badly you could've just asked, I would have put a bullet in your head for free."

"N-no, I don't want to die." She whispered in reply.

"Then why the is Himchan calling me, TELLING ME THAT YOU TRIED TO ESCAPE!" He boomed, his voice startling her.

"I escaped because I don't want to die." She said with her nose tuned up, trying to sound unfazed but failing as her voice cracked.

He laughed humourlessly and took two steps forward. "Really? Cause it looks like you're just asking for a death wish. You think you won't die just because you run away? You think we're the most dangerous thing for you? You need to get off your high ing horse and comprehend the amount of risk you're in right now. To you, you might think this whole thing is some joke, but we've been around these type of people for most of our lives and we know what they do to people like you."

He took another step forward.

"You think we're keeping you here for our own enjoyment? Those men that were after you won't be coming back, no, instead they'll send even scarier, even more ruthless people that won't bat an eye before ending you life. I bet my life that there are men inside your apartment right now, waiting for you  to wander in for the kill.  If that's what you want," he walked over and swung the door open, "then by all means, leave."

"I just want my life back." She tried begging.

"You can't get your life back. It's gone. It died when you decided to help Junhong. If you regret helping him now, that's too bad, cause you did and now you need to deal with the consequences." He said mercilessly.

"You can't just order me around." She said defiantly.

"I can and I will. Listen to me carefully Hwang Eun Ah, you've gone down a path that you can't come back from, and doing mindless, thoughtless things like running away, won't do anything but kill you, whether  Ryu does it or you get in someone else's way. " His voice didn't soften and still struck her with the same astringent tone.

"I'm not scared of you."

"That's wrong of you because once you stop fearing death, you become the easiest target, so I ask you, in an attempt to keep you alive, to fear me like your worst nightmare. So, from now on you will listen to what I say and you will do what I ask."

"I will not be treated like some sort of trapped animal." She spat back, her arguments getting shorter and weaker.

He slammed the front door shut. "Right, because you'd rather be treated like a corpse." He grabbed her arm and dragged her into the living room and pushed her down on the couch. She whimpered when he let go of her injured arm. He jerked a cabinet open and ruffled around before he pulled out a large manila envelope. He removed what was inside and threw it at her feet.

She slowly bent down to pick up what he threw at her and noticed that it was a pile of photos. She lifted them to her face and her eyes widened  and a gasp left her lips when she took in the subjects of the pictures.

Men.

Women.

Teenagers.

Children.

All murdered in the most gruesome way.

Some of them had their throats slit, some were dismembered, others were burned, a few looked like their skin was separated from the rest of their body and only one looked in one piece until she noticed the gun, in the victim's hand, with a bullet to this temple.

Eun Ah felt her eyes blur at the graphic pictures and her stomach lurch to before she ran to the bathroom and leaned over the toilet to threw up. The images kept flashing in her mind and she felt herself lose it some more. When she felt her stomach empty, she crawled to the sink and washed ten times, before a voice spoke to her by the doorway.

"If you don't do as I say and follow my orders, you'll just be another one of these pictures and there'll be nothing we can do for you. You think you're doing the right and courageous thing right now, but all you're doing is being foolish and delusional."

Eun Ah turned to face him, her nose and eyes were red and she was panting out of breath, tears lined her eyes as she stared at him.

"Those men did this to people who were just like you. People who were at the wrong place at the wrong time, so if you want end up any differently than them, you will stay in your room and only go out when I tell allow you to."

Fear filled ever inch of her, but she didn't look at him and walked straight passed him for her room.

"You'll be staying in my room tonight. The window are reinforced and the doors lock from the outside. And don't expect to ever be left alone."

She nodded her head numbly and made her way to his room, she stood in front of the BYG and shakily turned the handle. A hundred thoughts swirled when she opened the door, the images from earlier would still flash behind her eyes.

Did they really do that to all those innocent people? Who have I mixed myself up with?

She felt tears building up again.

I don't want to die. Oh God. I don't want to die.

A cold sweat broke out on her arms and forehead as tears slipped down her face. She stepped into his room,  his scent warming the cold skin, it smelled like pine and sandalwood and it comforted her, but only temporarily when she sat on the edge of the bed.

Is there any way to save myself? Isn't this whole thing just prolonging the inevitable? Sooner or later they're going to kill me, this is basically the end. I'm basically waiting to see how long I can last before they get to me. All they need is one second, Yongguk can't protect me all the time.

She took at shaky breathe and bit her lip, trying to will her tears to stop flowing.

Umma, Appa, I might get to see you earlier than I thought. What should I do? I shouldn't let them kill me right? I shouldn't give up, I should let them help me....right? I'm so scared, I just want everything to end.

She felt her body shiver, so she dragged herself to the center of the bed and curled into the fetal position, tears staining the bed sheets that smelled so much like him, almost to the point where it made her sick. A strangled sob left her lips and she clenched her eyes shut and pressed her fist to , fighting the whimpers that left .

Eun Ah heard a gentle knock on the door and quickly wiped her face and cleared .

"Come in."

The boy she never met poked his head in and blinked at her a few times before properly stepping into her room. 

"Yongguk hyung said you might have hurt you arm, so I should come and check on you." He said as he pulled a chair and sat across from her, setting a small box on the bed.

She sniffled and slid closer to the edge of the bed. "Which one are you?"

The boy opened the box and pulled out a heat patch, "I'm Youngjae, now, where does it hurt?"

Eun Ah sighed and rolled up her sleeve.

He inspected the arm, "Take your shirt off."

"WHAT?"

He winced at her harsh tone. "Sorry, at least lift it so I can see your shoulder, I think that's where the pain is."

She slowly did as he said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter