Chapter 52

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few weeks passed and Eun Ah found that it did nothing but bring her and Yongguk closer together. Living with each other for what was 5 months had destroyed any boundaries between them.

That being said, anytime he walked around with his shirt off, she had to make sure she averted her eyes so she wouldn't be caught staring and he had to remember to do the same anytime she stepped out of their bathroom in only a towel.

Regardless, Eun Ah treasured their relationship like nothing before. There was something so dependable and safe about Yongguk that made her trust him so much. He was such a large and stable part of her life that she couldn't imagine what it was like before him.

There would be times when she'd quietly step into his study while he was working and would read on his couch with a blanket. He wouldn't notice her until an hour later and when he did, he'd stop whatever he was doing to get up and lie flat on top of her until she started yelling about his how heavy he was.

Or when he'd throw their door open and force her to get dressed to go out, just the two of them.

It was a balancing mix of spontaneity and stability that made their love so precious to her.

She still frowned when he'd strap a gun around his waist before kissing her goodbye, telling her not to worry.

But how could she not?

Even though the two of them were in a relationship, he'd still go out on dangerous missions, risking his life just to get the job done. No matter how much he reassured her, she'd still stay up waiting for him until he got back.

She was starting to understand how he must have felt when she was kidnapped.  

To him it was a whole new solar system that she was the center of. It was all so green to him, caring so deeply for someone else. It was foreign land and that scared him but then he'd remember how kind she was and how she'd always love him for him, including the times he'd mess up. He didn't know what he was supposed to do for her or how to make her happy but then he'd find these constant urges to make her smile, or just make her laugh.

They spent all their time together and when they didn't, it was just them missing the other person. She never wanted anything to happen to him and he just wanted to protect her from the world.

Eun Ah groaned when the alarm on Yongguk's phone went off, waking her up on a chilly Sunday morning.

"Yongguk." She mumbled when the ringing didn't stop. His arm was slung across her chest and he was flat on his face since he was sleeping on his stomach.

If she wasn't still half unconscious, she would wonder why he didn't sleep face down when they were handcuffed and chose to spoon her instead.

"Yongguk, get up."

She cracked her eyes open to see his phone laying on the table over on his side of the bed. She reached over and limply slapped the back of his shoulder, hoping that she'd be able to go back to sleep once he woke up. "Yongguk, turn off the alarm."

When he didn't say anything, Eun Ah tried to weakly lift his arm off her, but it only prompted him to lay his arm closer on her sternum.

"Oppa, wake up." She grumbled as she rubbed her face in annoyance when the ringing got louder.

The ringing finally quieted down until it stopped completely but Eun Ah knew that the snooze button only lasted for a little while before the horrid ringing would start up again.

Why would someone set an alarm on a Sunday freaking morning?

Yongguk shifted his head and moved it so that his nose pressed against the side of her neck. "Why do you only call me oppa when you're mad at me or scared?" He grunted against her skin with his eyes still closed.

Eun Ah didn't answer right away, drifting back to sleep until Yongguk started trailing his nose up her neck, making her shiver when she didn't answer him.

"Just turn off your phone before I chuck it out the window." Eun Ah groaned as she her side, pulling the covers over her head.

She could feel his dumb smile pressed against her back as his hands settled around her waist. His lips started moving from the center of her spine, up her back,  to the side of her neck until he brushed against her ear.

"Don't threaten me." He growled against her ear, his eyes still glued shut.

She smiled with her eyes closed, "Don't tell me what to do."

Yongguk nipped her ear playfully and settled back into her neck as they both fell back asleep.

Wait a second….

Eun Ah yell-groaned when the ringing started again. Yongguk started laughing as Eun Ah buried her face in her pillow, yelling threats and curses when she was ripped awake.

He leaned over and turned his alarm off before watching her roll around on the bed, unable to go back to sleep.

"Why did you set an alarm on a Sunday?" She whined while kicking her legs up in the air in frustration.

His phone started ringing and he gave her a secretive smile before answering it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter