Chapter 9

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Ah woke up brighter and earlier than she did all week. Today was the day that she was going to meet up with Jaehyun and she was finally going to get answers. But first, she had some loose ends she needed to tie up.

She snuck into Himchan's room and almost gagged at the heavy cologne scent that hung in the air and the sight of him shirtless on his ostentatious silk bed sheets made her roll her eyes.

She scanned the room until her eyes landed on his desk, she slipped his phone in the depths of its mess to make it look like he just misplaced it.  

For a member of Seoul's number one gang it's awfully easy to sneak into his room. Moron.

She noticed a frame on the corner of his desk and picked it up. She lifted it up and squinted her eyes at the blurry photo. It was a picture of a new born Himchan and both his parents. She couldn't make the faces out that clearly but she could tell that they were a very beautiful couple.

Then why is their son so ing ugly?

She placed the frame back down and her eyes landed on a file that was tucked under some books. She glanced over her shoulder and to make sure he was still snoring away, she gingerly pulled it out. The name 'Bohye' typed neatly across it. She flicked it open and saw a small Polaroid photo paper clipped to stack of sheets.

Why does this gang only know attractive people? Geez.                                                       

She was about to flip through more of the pages when he started shifting, grumbling something under his breath.  She quickly shoved the file back in its place and tip toed out, closing the door behind her and breezed down to the kitchen. She was in such a good mood over her sinister plan that she decided to make breakfast for everyone.

She rummaged in their fridge and pulls out a box of eggs, pack of bacon, a bunch of fruit and ingredients for waffles.  She put everything on the counter and started on the waffles when her eyes landed on her right hand.

Flashes of the night before appeared in her mind. She still felt tingles run through her arm as she recalled Yongguk's fingers that were tightly intertwined with hers.

Why on earth was she thinking about that? This was the man that insulted her about her parents.

She shook her head and got started on breakfast. Her hands moved on their own accord as her mind wandered off to the Jaehyun.

He doesn't seem that bad. He's actually quite handsome, maybe I should give him a shot, I mean, what harm could it really do? I need something to distract myself, anyways.

With her thoughts somewhere else she blindly stirred the batter and didn't notice someone freeze by the door.

Yongguk wasn't sure if he should walk in and make his presence known or if he should just turn back and return to his room when he saw her cooking. It wasn't normal for someone to use to the kitchen to actually make food, everyone had their own schedules so they'd be responsible for feeding themselves and the off chances that they did dine together, they'd just get take out, so he wasn't sure what to make of the sight in front of him.

Even if Yongguk wanted to go back to his room, he couldn't really find a reason to, so he just stayed rooted in the doorway watching Eun Ah make breakfast. She moved fluidly and did everything with purpose.

She worked around the space like she's been living there for ages.

There was something about the way she looked in that environment that did something bizarre to Yongguk, it made him feel like a normal guy, not some notorious gang leader.

Yongguk shifted uncomfortably when she started humming a soft tune under her breath. He thought back to last night when he walked in on Himchan and Eun Ah holding each other in her room.

What was going on between them? He was about to walk away when she looked up at him with a smile on her face.

"Breakfast is almost ready, you should sit down." She continued to fuss around the island, but Yongguk just eyed her cautiously.

"Why are you so happy?" He voiced as he slowly approached her and sat on the stool a far distance from her.

"Am I? I didn't notice. I'm just normal."  She shrugged her shoulders and went back to manning the iron.  Yongguk didn't buy her answer but he was too busy feeling awkward watching her back as she made breakfast, he didn't like people doing things for him, it made him feel twitchy and useless.

He eyed the package of bacon on the counter and sighed. He stood up and walked around to where she stood and leaned over her and reached up to pull a pan from above her.

She tensed her back when she felt his chest brush against her. She flinched her neck and tried to act unbothered when he grabbed a pan and moved away from her. She lifted her head his way when she heard a click on stove. Yongguk was standing by it and placed pieces of bacon on, watching it sizzle.

She bit her lip and felt guilty. Times like this was when she they looked like ordinary guys, she felt bad that she would make it so hard on them, but she was so terrified that she had to do whatever she could to fend for herself.

Yongguk grabbed a plate and put a piece of kitchen paper on it before transferring pieces of bacon onto it.  They worked in silence for a while before someone decided to shatter the peace.

"Jesus, you guys look like a married couple making breakfast for their kids." A voice chuckled from the door.

Eun Ah rolled her eyes and cut chucks of fruit with a little more force imagining, his face instead under the blade instead.

"Shut up Daehyun." Yongguk didn't look away from the pan and moved some more bacon on the plate before turning off the stove and placing it on the table.

Yongmi came bounding down the stairs with Junhong, Jongup and Yongjae trailing behind her.

"I smell something good!" She ran up to Eun Ah peered at what she was doing and grabbed a knife helping her chop the last bits of fruit.

"How are your stitches Junhong?" Eun Ah called to the young boy in concern.

The boy walked over to them and popped a slice of melon into his mouth. "They've almost healed, Youngjae said that he'd take them out in a few days." Eun Ah nodded with a smile.

The rest of the guys took a seat around the table and eyed the food ravenously. Yongmi lifted the bowl of fruits and settled down with Eun Ah and everyone began to dig in. She looked around and noticed a missing member.

"Where's Himchan?" She asked, only to receive answers by stuffed faces.

Yongguk's eye twitched slightly at the mention of his name.

What is wrong with me?

He blinked before standing up, "I'll get him." He walked away with a blank expression on his face that caught everyone's attention.

She noticed that everyone was frozen in mid bite, staring at Yongguk. Uncertain, she glanced at Jongup, "What's with you guys?"

Jongup stared at her before ignoring her to drown his waffles in syrup. Eun Ah gaped at him.

"What's your problem." Eun Ah snapped at him.

"He's just surprised that Yongguk did what you said." Youngjae said with a smile. Yongmi snorted but avoided Eun Ah's gaze by busying herself with the fruit.

"I didn't  tell him to do anything, though."  Eun Ah was dumbfounded by the amused looks on all their faces.

"Yeah but, he could've just made you go wake him up or send one of us, oppa isn't the type to do stuff like that himself." Yongmi said with a smirk.

Everyone went back to eating when the two made their way into the kitchen.

Yongguk looked at  the table in disgust and smacked Daehyun on the back of his head.

"You guys are only good at eating aren't you. Slow down before you choke to death."

"You made breakfast?" Himchan asked as he sat down beside her.  She gave him an over-exaggerated smile and shoved a plate at him.

"Yup, so eat up!"

He flinched at her smile and stood up. "Yeahhhhhh, I don't want to die, so I'll just grab an apple and head out." He brushed her off and stood up.

"You should really eat! She is an amazing cook!" Junhong chirped with a mouth full of eggs, Eun Ah couldn't hide her cocky smirk at the compliment.

"Himchan, stay and eat." Yongguk ordered.  Himchan glanced at the leader in displeasure.

"Sorry but I can't, I'm going to check on Bohye today."  Eun Ah's head snapped up in recognition and she noticed that everyone slowed what they were doing and watched Yongguk's reac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter