Chapter 19

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 YEARS AGO

Yongmi 20 years old

Daehyun 22 years old

Yongmi walked into the kitchen in the middle of the night and looked for something to eat. She couldn't go to sleep and decided a snack would help her tired mind fall asleep.

She sighed in irritation when she saw Daehyun's keys weren't in their usual spot on the counter. It was 2 AM and he still wasn't home, this was starting to become a habit. She had no idea where he was and honestly she didn't want to find out because whatever the answer was, it would undoubtedly break her heart.

Why did it have to be him?

Daehyun had joined B.A.P when he was 18 and Yongmi was 16, and from the moment he had first talked to her, Yongmi found herself falling deeper and deeper for the boy every day.

At first, he didn't speak to any of them except her brother. He'd just smile or nod every time someone tried talking to him, he even wore a mask over the bottom half of his face whenever they left the house. He was mysterious, staying under the radar but he was amazing at his job. He was a pro driver able to manoeuvre any type of vehicle on any terrain which helped when they were being chased.

When he first said a word to her it was when she got shot in combat. They were going against some minor gangs that were allegedly working with Ryu when a sniper had taken its sights on her while she was fighting off some thugs.

It wasn't anything life threatening but he ran over to her, yelling her name in panic before carrying her away to safety, repeatedly asking her if she was okay.

She remember just being in awe when she heard his voice, completely unaware of the bullet lodged in her shoulder. It was probably the most beautiful thing she heard, rivalling the sound of honey.

Ever since then, the two of them made it a habit of talking and befriending each other. They'd go pick up dinner for the family together or do stake outs together and just spend time together doing menial errands, but it always made her flush as long as they did it together.

She knew it was a bad idea, falling for a member of her gang, a gang that her brother was the leader of which was why she did everything in her power to fight the feeling or at least hide it from everyone else. She didn't want to think about what he'd do if he found out if they had feelings for each other.

He'd probably lock her in her room and make a doggy door to slide food through.

He was a pretty lenient brother, but he hated when he saw her with guys. He'd always scare away the guys at Jiyong's gala that tried to hit on her. So it was safe to assume that her feelings for their fellow  getaway driver might be the catalyst for World War Three.

At first she was positive that it was one sided crush, just another unrequited love, but soon she wasn't so sure.

There would be times where he'd stand too close to her or his fingers would linger on her for too long but nothing was for sure until the New Year's party that Yongguk had thrown a few nights ago.

The both of them had a little too much to drink but were sober enough that when the countdown started she had gone in search for him and he had welcomed her happily.

Yongmi pressed her fingers to her temples for a second before walking through the bodies in her house, to the kitchen where she  had seen Daehyun walk into, moments before.

She tugged on the long sleeves of her dress and tipsily stumbled into the room and saw Daehyun's back which was turned to her as he tilted a glass of water back, trying to sober up.

She stood behind him and waited for him to turn around, she didn't know if she could get her words out so she just drowned the glass of alcohol in her hand and stood patiently. She felt her body run a hundred degrees hotter and shifted in her sequined gold dress when he turned around after hearing her slam her glass down.

She felt her stomach clench in pleasure when her eyes drank the way he looked in the black button down shirt whose sleeves were rolled up his arms and that clung to his lean torso and his jeans that fit so nicely on his waist with a silver belt. His lips split into a beautiful smile, showing his straight white teeth and his eyes glimmered with something wonderful as he placed his glass down. He crossed his arms against his chest and leaned against the counter as they stared at each other.

"Does Yongguk know you're drinking?" He felt the champagne still buzz in his veins as he spoke.

Daehyun felt his breath wisped away from him when he saw her glowing under the kitchen spotlights. Her dress glittered and reflected against her skin and eyes making her look more beautiful than she usually does. It hugged her curves perfectly and her black heels made her sheer stocking covered legs look like they could go on forever. Her brown hair was curled against her shoulders and her smoky makeup made the normally adorable girl look like the y, mature woman that he secretly knew she was.

It was no denying that Bang Yongmi was a stunner and her personality was just as perfect, never failing to bring a fond smile on his lips when she spoke with bubbly excitement. She was so unbelievably sweet, kind and innocent but when she was on a mission she was one of the most lethal weapons that they'd ever had.

Everything about her made his heart beat a little faster.

But he knew he couldn't do anything about it. This wasn't just any other girl, this was his leader's little sister and it was almost obligatory that he view her the same way.

As just a 'sister'.

But the way she looked right in front of him, so sinful and lovely that he couldn't help his mind wandering to her pink lips.

Who was he kidding? She was way more than a little sister figure to him, she was a woman, someone who could make him happy beyond belief and make his blood rush to his head every time he was around her.

Yongmi pouted and took a step closer to him, "Nooooo, but it's not like he'll ever find out."

She heard everyone bustle to the living room to start the countdown, but neither of them noticed and were just focused on each other.

He watched her walk to him until she stood close enough that he could count her eyelashes and smell her coconut wildflower perfume mixed with the scent of alcohol.

10

"I never thought that the Bang Yongmi would be breaking the rules. Is that your resolution this year?" He smiled teasingly at her.

9

She heavily blinked as her eyes scanned his tan skin and dark brown hair. She wasn't sure it was possible that a man could look so perfect or could make her head spin so deliriously than the one in front of her.

8

And she was 100% sure that it had nothing to do with the liquor. "It wouldn't be the first time," she rolled her eyes until they landed on his full, plump lips, "And it's not going to be the last."

7

Both Daehyun and Yongmi were positive that they were crossing into uncharted territories but the night made everything feel so surreal that they allowed themselves one night of risk.

One night of doing something that they normally wouldn't indulge themselves in.

6

Daehyun pushed himself off the counter and leaned forward until they both felt the body heat of the other person radiating off each other. Daehyun wanted to let her envelop him, like how one would cuddle towards a fireplace.

That was how warm she made him feel.

5

"So what's the last rule

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter