Chapter 36

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun  Ah poked her cheek the next day when she passed by a mirror on the way to the backyard.

Eun Ah and Junhong had demanded that they dust off the barbeque and fire it up with some meat and veggies sizzling. And after the other members jumped on board it didn't take long before Yongguk headed to their shed with a roll of his eyes.

She didn't get why, even after a whole day, Joori's slap still was sore.

You know what they say about an angry mama bear.

She winced at her reflection and shook her head. She was just glad that Jongup got a chance to even see his sister, albeit for a short while.

She walked past the mirror when her eyes landed on the envelop that she had looked at when she first stayed at their house.

She walked towards the bookshelf in the living room and pulled it out of the place she hid it in.

Seoul Police Department Forensics Lab.

She pulled the photos out of the envelope and flicked past them. None of them really stood out to her until her eyes landed on the last one. She must have missed it when she first looked at them.

It was a piece of metal melted against the grass. She squinted her eyes at the symbol printed on it but the metal was all distorted and the image was barely legible.

What is that?

It looked familiar but it was hard to tell with the melted image. She frowned and held it closer to her face.Where have I seen this before?

She racked her brain but nothing came to mind.

Eun Ah tossed the picture back on the self and walked into the kitchen to pick up the plate of marinated meat that was left on the counter. She turned when she heard someone come through the back door and stood face to face with Jongup.

Speak of the Devil.

Jongup blinked at her and looked at the plate in her hands, "Hyung needs the meat."

Eun Ah smiled brightly and held the plate up, "I got it!"

Jongup stared at her for a second and his eyes landed on her cheek. His brow frowned for a second before he spun on his heel and walked out the door.

She pouted with a huff and stomped out after him.

At this rate he might never talk to me.

She closed the door behind her and walked around to see everyone lounging around.

She felt her insides warm at the sight, she was so used to being alone, living by herself and spending dinners in an empty apartment room that the sight in front of her made her feel like she was living a dream.

Even though she was taken from her old life, Yongguk managed to give her everything that she didn't realize she was missing.

Jongup ran up to Junhong who was bouncing a soccer ball on his knee before the two of them launched into a game.

Yongjae was lying on the hammock reading a novel while Yongmi and Daehyun sat under him, talking.

Himchan walked away from the grill and sat down on a lounge chair, pulling his phone out.

Eun Ah walked towards Yongguk who stood in front of the grill watching the meat cook.

"I've got something that you want." She sang lightly while holding the meat up.

Yeah, I think you do.

Yongguk turned around and smiled at her before taking the plate from her. "I still don't know how you managed to talk me into doing all the work."

"Hey! All we did was talk you into firing this old girl up. You can blame their laziness for why you're doing it all yourself. You need to be a more assertive leader." She said snootily.

Yongguk rolled his eyes teasingly as he moved the raw meat onto the grill. He knew that he could never win with her. No matter what she said, he'd always let her have the upper hand.

She had a sharp tongue and quick wit, but he always gave in to her instead of biting back at. He liked watching her talk like that, she'd seem intimidating to anyone else but to him, she just seemed like a baby tiger.

Eun Ah grabbed a pair of new tongs and moved heads of corn and slices of pepper to the side of the grill. The sun was starting to set and even though she wasn't tired, Eun Ah felt so at ease and so relaxed that her body started leaning drowsily.

Leaning on Yongguk's arm.

He glanced down at the sudden weight and felt his heart pick up speed when he saw her head pressed against his arm, her eyes blinking heavily as she flipped the veggies once the grill marks appeared.

Stupid, sleepy pabo.

Yongguk sighed and moved his arm so that her cheek was pressed against his side, right under his shoulder, making her more comfortable. He let his arm hang by her back, desperately wanting to  wrap it around her, warming her from the chilled air.

But for the nth time, he had to learn to exercise his self control around her.

Eun Ah's eyes snapped wide in alert when her position changed.  Her face burned red and she shifted a bit so that she wasn't so closely pressed to him.

She bit her lip and focused her attention on the grill, hoping he wouldn't feel her heart beating out of her chest.

Yongguk glanced down at her and smiled at her cute expression. He couldn't handle how quickly she changed from snappish to shy.  His face tensed when he noticed her red face.

He flipped the meat over before setting the tongs down.

"How is your face still red?" He asked while brushing his fingers against her skin.

Eun Ah shrugged and stood up straighter, leaving distance between them. "I bruise easily I guess."

Yongguk looked at her in concern and reached out to touch her cheek when Himchan interrupted him.

"Bohye's dead."

Even though Himchan spoke quietly, it peaked all of their attention. Everyone looked over at the three of them, especially Jongup who took a few steps closer.

Yongguk's brows furrowed, "What the hell? Since when?"

"I'm not sure, Woon just called me and said she died in the hospital."

"That doesn't make sense. You left her with broken bones and one shot to the ankle, there's no way she died just from that." Yongjae said as he placed his book down.

"So what? She's dead. It doesn't matter. If anything this is better than having her alive." Jongup spat.

A million thoughts ran through Yongguk's head and he could only imagine how many were going through everyone else's.

He had mixed feelings about this news but it didn't put him off as much as it should.

"He's right." Yongguk said quietly, "She's gone now, so there's no use in thinking about it. Just...go back to what you guys were doing."

Everyone dispersed but Eun Ah noticed the looks on Yongguk's and Himchan's faces. She could sense the change in atmosphere as everyone retreated to their corners.

Yongjae jogged back up to them and tossed something at Eun Ah.

"It's a better phone than the one we gave you before. It has GPS tracking and all our numbers preset."

Eun Ah stared at the high tech device in her hands and nodded with a smile. "Thanks."

Yongjae shook his head good naturedly. "It's nothing. You really needed one especially after the last time."

Yongjae ran back to his book and Eun Ah turned to face Yongguk and Himchan who both looked distracted.

"Umm....the meat's burning."

-----

The man looked around the room. Even with his rather young age and sharp good looks, he installed fear in his subordinates.

These men were good, but he knew he was better.

He wanted to handle the situation himself, he'd feel pride in watching Yongguk's life burn to ashes by his doing, but he had to follow his leader's orders.

Hell, part of him wished that these men who up so that he could take things into his own hands. He wanted to tear Yongguk apart bit by bit.

"Ryu said that we should see you." A man with an eye patch asked respectfully.

The man ran his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter