Chapter 5

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk closed Eun Ah's door and headed to his car where everyone was.

When he first spoke to her on the phone, he knew she was going to be a handful. Most girls would be terrified that they witnessed a stabbing and that the men who did it were going to come after her, and accept any help they were offered, but Eun Ah was different, instead she had threatened to 'put him in the ground' if he didn't go to pick up Junhong.

He had to admit he was impressed.

However, it didn't last long.

Visually he didn't expect what he saw when she stepped out after Junhong. She had long brown hair and big curious eyes and cherry red lips. She was quite the looker, but then she opened .

He had established that looks really are deceiving.

It became bothersome when she refused to take orders from him. She kept disobeying him and it was irritating.

No one ever went against his word.

Shouldn't she be thankful that we're even offering her protection?

She had put up quite a fight against Himchan and Daehyun and even Yongguk knew that there was only a certain extent of physical abuse he would subject s too.

If her persistent attempts at escaping weren't enough, she wouldn't shut up for a quarter of a second. All she did was complain and it made Yongguk want to pull over and kick her out of his car himself. After finally dragging her out the car and dumping her on his sister and Jongup, he went to check on the boy that she had so 'valiantly' saved.

Youngjae was cleaning his wounds when Yongguk walked in.

"How is he?" 

"Surprisingly, he's okay. The stitches might not up to par with a hospital, but they did their job. He lost quite a bit of blood though, so you might want to let him rest. Other than that the rest are just superficial wounds, nothing broken just some bruises."

"You know, you sound like a real doctor just now. We have the money, med school isn't out of the picture so it isn't an impossible goal, you're still young, you should really re-think it." Yongukk patted the boy on the shoulder.

"And what? Leave you guys here to fend for yourselves, that'd be a nightmare and besides, it's not like you guys have another techie as talented as me just lying around." Youngjae said while putting the tools away.

Yongguk smiled fondly at the younger boy.

"Go downstairs, I think Yongmi ordered dinner, it should be here soon." Yongjae nodded and gave Junhong one last check up before leaving the two boys alone.

Silence fell on the two boys until Junhong spoke up.

"Are you mad?"

Yongguk sighed, "I'm not mad Junhong, I just don't understand why you'd go out this late at night and not tell anyone."

"I was looking into some stuff, it wasn't a big deal hyung, I don't know where Ryu's men came from."

"Choi Junhong, don't lie to me. There's no way you were passing by Club Siren by accident. How many times have I told you to not do anything dangerous without letting any of us know? Especially if it lands you on Ryu's turf."

"B-But--"

"Were you even carrying? You were going to go in there unarmed and expect no one to touch you? You think you're invincible? People die because they don't think first, Junhong. People get shot and murdered because they're reckless,  you're bloody lucky Hwang found you or God knows what would have happened to you."

"I-I'm sorry." The boy mumbled, his voice cracking.

Yongguk lowered his tone, "Junhong, I know you hate being the maknae sometimes, but that doesn't change the fact that you're still young. Which means in the eyes of our enemies, you're the easiest one to isolate and take down, so if you keep doing things without recognizing the dangers and threats, you're giving them the chance to harm you and none of us want that to happen."

"I understand, I'm sorry." He said with his down.

Yongguk sighed, "Just go to your room and rest, you've been through a lot. I'll leave someone behind to check on you."

"D-Do, do you think I can see her once more?"

Yongguk gave him a befuddled look. "Why?"

"I want to thank her again, she was really nice to me and she even made me porridge and tea. Besides, you heard Youngjae, if it wasn't for her I might've lost a lot more blood."

"You really like her don't you?"

"Yeah, you know that I've never really had a sister that was that much older than me, Yongmi was always more like a friend than an older sister. This was the first time that someone fussed over me and nagged me like a mom."

Yongguk softened, sometimes he forgot how young the boy was and how much of his life he missed out on.

That was one kid that grew up too fast.

"You can talk to her all you want after you rest." He sent Junhong pouting to his room and turned to walk into his own to change his clothes into something more comfortable for their nightly errands. When he stepped out he bumped into his little sister.

"Oh, you're here? I just showed Eun Ah around her room, she's taking a shower now so can you give her these clothes?"

"Eun Ah? When did you get so close to her? You literally just met her." He balked.

"Yeah, and she's already better than the idiots downstairs." Youngmi said with a snort.

"Hey, most of those guys are older than you, show some respect." He said with a roll of his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, just give her these, I need to go salvage what's left of dinner for her." She said before racing down the stairs, her screams could be heard from the kitchen when she saw the scraps the boys had left Eun Ah.

Yongguk smiled and looked down at the clothes in his hands and lifted up the shirt with one of his fingers before rolling his eyes. That airhead can't even give up her own clothes and has to lend her something 3 years old.

Yongguk walked into his room and grabbed a shirt of his chair before heading towards Eun Ah's room when he saw his sister scuttling up the stairs.

"Here, give her this while you're at it, we'll be in the car." Yongmi said before flying back downstairs.

"Wait!" But it was too late. When did she get so fast?

He walked into Eun Ah's room and looked around. Yongmi went all out again. He placed her food on the table and sat on the edge of her bed with his head hung low, waiting for her to come out.

This is a mess. How am I supposed to get Ryu's men off her tail. They won't let her be until she's dead and even if he does let her off, she's already connected to us, she won't be able to live her life without constantly having to look over her shoulder.

Yongguk tiredly rubbed his face when he heard the bathroom door click open.

Well .

She stepped through the door with damp hair and a towel tightly wrapped around her body outlining her figure, and steam curling out from behind her. Her cheeks were red and there were still little droplets of water on her arms when she noticed him in the room.

Then the screaming started.

Eventually he managed to shut her up and hand her the clothes, he gave her a warning and headed out the doors before she asked him where he was going. Quite frankly he was surprised she noticed.

He kept his answer vague before her voiced raised a little.

"You make them sound like monsters, so what makes you so sure you'll be able to protect me from what they're capable of?"

He thought about it for a second. She still doesn't know what we're capable of. "Cause we are even scarier monsters." 

With that he closed her door and sped to the car parked in their driveway. He spotted Yongmi and Daehyun standing outside the vehicle talking and walked up to them.

"Is everyone here?"

"Yeah, we left someone with Junhong so it's all good."

"Alright, let's go, the quicker we get this done, the less time Eun Ah will have to get into trouble."

Everyone slid into the car and buckled up.

"She's really got you on her feet, huh?" Jongup quipped from the backseat.

"Yeah, I haven't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter