Chapter 51

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woon drove down into rural Seoul the next morning, his heart beating a million miles per second. He gripped the steering wheel as he slowed down, scanning each restaurant until his eyes landed on the small barbeque place.

He parked on the side of the road and pulled the yellow sticky note out of his pocket one last time to check the address.

Korean Grill House.

3PM.

Come alone.

Woon had found the little note stuck inside his wallet at work and his first instinct was to jump into his car and speed to the restaurant as fast as he could.

The writing on the note was the same as the others that he'd been getting over the last few weeks.  Most of them asked about the accident, Ryu and the crime scene. None of them asked about Eun Ah, Himchan or the authors identity.

But Woon had a few guesses.

Woon opened his wallet to put the note back in when his eyes caught the photo was on display in wallet.

He smiled sadly at the picture of him and Ah Min.

The man would always look after him at the academy and they had only grown closer when they were partnered as rookies and stuck together when they were promoted.

He was his best friend and Woon was actually the only person they had invited to Ah Min and Hae Yong's small court house marriage. He had never seen his partner so happy than he did when he was saying his vows and signing the papers.

He wondered what Ah Min would say if he found out that his little girl was married to the infamous Bang Yongguk and little boy was his right hand man. He probably give Woon so much for it.

Woon stepped out of his car and jogged across the street until he stood in front of the store. He stepped in, his heart pounding in his throat.

He pulled the door open and ignored the greeter at the front and just scanned the room until his eyes landed on a figure, dressed in black, hunched over in the corner.

Their back was facing the door as they watched the meet sizzle in front of them.  Woon zeroed in on the two bottles of soju sitting at the table, one near the occupant, and one placed directly in front of the empty chair, waiting for its owner.

Woon gulped and walked in the direction of the shadowed figure.

For all he knew this meeting could've been a trap. Ryu could be sitting at that table and the whole room could be filled with his men, just waiting for Woon to sit and take the bait.

Woon had no proof but he didn't want to risk the possibility. If this theory was right, there was a chance that Ah Min could be sitting at that table and he'd be able to ask all the questions he'd been building up over the last 10 years and not to mention being able to make it up to Eun Ah and Himchan.

There was also a chance that Woon wasn't going to leave the restaurant alive, but he had too much at stake to make a selfish decision and walk away.

His body tensed as he got close enough to take a look at the person's face.

He owed it to too many people to leave with just a 'what if?'

-----

Eun Ah came down the stairs a few hours later, leaving Himchan in his room, knocked out, She was too chicken to go into her and Yongguk's room that she found an unopened toothbrush in Himchan's cabinet and just washed up there before venturing downstairs. She looked over and saw Jongup and Junhong in front of the television playing video games as Daehyun and Yongmi watched them yell at the screen.

"BOOM! HEADSHOT!" Jongup yelled, furiously tapping on the controller.

"Why would you do that?! I thought we were friends!"

Jongup tsked and shook his head, "Friendship isn't gonna save you from the real mafia, is it?"

Junhong snorted before jumping on his feet tilting his body to match the character on the screen. "What the heck do you know about the real mafia?"

"More than I'm allowed to tell you." Jongup replied seriously.

"Watching the Godfather once, doesn't count, Jongup. You're playing Mafia3, let's not get carried away." Yongmi said with a roll of her eyes as the two of them started a new round.

Eun Ah smiled at the sight and raised her eyebrow when she saw Daehyun's arm loosely slung over her shoulder.

She quickly fixed her facial expression and nodded in acknowledgement when Daehyun and Yongmi turned to see her standing behind them. She knew they had a million questions and considering the fact that they saw her fight with Yongguk and sleep in a separate room, they probably had a lot to ask her.

She just wasn't in the mood.

She slipped into the kitchen and saw Yongjae fiddling with the dials on the stove with a package of meat and a bag of rice set beside him.

"Need help Doctor Yoo?"  She said while rolling her sleeves up.

Yongjae snapped his head up and smiled at her sheepishly with a nod. "I can perform an emergency tracheotomy but this is just too complicated."

She chuckled and sliced the rice bag open with a knife, "I’ll remember to come to you whenever I need someone to stick a straw in my throat."

Yongjae smiled and opened the bag of marinated pork and started chopping it into fry-able pieces. He always found it easy to be around Eun Ah, in a short 4 months, he found her to be a comfortable presence in the house.

She didn’t feel like just Himchan's sister. She felt like everyone's.

"Have you spoken to him yet?"

Eun Ah looked down at the pan, avoiding his eyes, "Not yet. I haven't really seen him around."

Yongjae nodded to himself, "He's probably asleep right now."

"Why? It's almost 4."

Yongjae moved around her and started frying the meat. "I don't think he went to sleep last night. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I don't think hyung likes sleeping without you, he was just like this when you went missing. He was in his study all night and refused to step foot in your room. I think he passed out once Yongmi forced him into your guys' room."

Eun Ah bit her lip in guilt, and poked at the frying pan.  "He shouldn't be skipping sleep like that."

Yongjae bit back his smile at her quiet mumblings.

"Do you think that I'm wrong, Yongjae? Do you think I shouldn't try to get revenge?"

The boy shrugged and turned off the stove. "I'm not sure. I get why you feel that way but I also get why hyung doesn't want you to go down that road. I think maybe you two should talk it out. A lot went down last night and tensions were high, you two  have had a lot of time to cool down so try hearing what he's saying instead of just hearing 'no'."

 Eun Ah glanced at the stairs and then back at the frying rice in impatience. She had wanted to see Yongguk from the moment she woke up but she was too afraid too. They were both notoriously hard headed. But she knew that if she waited too long to go to him, it could mess things up between the two of them.

And that was the last thing she'd ever want.

Yongjae chuckled and took the chopsticks fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter