Chapter 7

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Daehyun, I want you to take Hwang to work tomorrow."

"Wait, what?!"  He exclaimed.

"You need to go in there early and make sure nothing out of the ordinary, no one suspicious. Then let her go, but you cannot take your eyes off of her. Let her know that she's only allowed to go in twice a week ."

"Are you sure? What about Ryu's men?"

"I think giving her a speck of freedom will tone down her rebellion, and about Ryu's men, that's why I want you to go with backup. If they see members of B.A.P, then won't attack as openly. Which is why you need to be armed and you can't look away from her, one second is all Ryu needs."

"Oh and when you go to scout the place out, make sure to pick up her stuff."

"Are you serious?" The boy whined.

"Either that or we start lending her your clothes."

Daehyun sighed, "Fine. But are you sure this is safe? Especially after what we did tonight."

"Dae, I think you're starting to forget who we are."

-----

Eun Ah couldn't wipe the smile off of her face as she rushed through her shower and dug through her duffle bag to find her uniform.  Once she got dressed, she grabbed her things and raced out of Yongguk's room, the excitement of seeing Halmoni, filling her with happiness.

She yanked the door open and raced out before freezing by the staircase when another door opened.

She felt her smile slowly crumble off her face when she locked eyes with Yongguk.

He was running his fingers through his hair when he froze and stared back at her. Eun Ah didn't know what to say.

Is he still mad about last night? Should I apologize or should I just pretend like nothing happened?

Before she could come to a decision, Yongguk walked right past her, heading for his room.

"I'm sorry about last night." She didn't turn around when the words left . She gripped her bag tightly, scared that he'd snap at her again.

"Good." Was all he said before he closed his door behind him.

Eun Ah scoffed, "Good? All you can say is good? Shouldn't you at least apologize back?" She muttered under her breath.

With one last glance at his door, Eun Ah raced down the stairs and ran out to the car and yanked the door open to slide in.

"Finally, God, I thought you locked yourself in the bathroom and didn't know how to get out. Do you know how long we waited? I thought I was going to die of starvation."

"Shut up and stop speaking to me in banmal, I'm your noona, you drama queen."

Daehyun snorted in response and started backing out of the driveway, "Noona? How can I call you noona when you constantly act like a child? Junhong acts like more of an adult that you do."

Eun Ah reached over and roughly pulled on his hair. "OW, WHAT THE HELL! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M DRIVING? SEE, I TOLD YOU! YOU'RE A ING CHILD! LET GO!"

"Woah! Watch where you're driving!" Yongmi scolded as she nudged his arm.

Eun Ah let go of his hair and fell back into her seat with a huff.

"I should've brought Himchan with me, you wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes in this car."

Eun Ah couldn't retort back when Daehyun started approaching the ramen shop, she was just too excited, she was basically jumping out of her seat.

"Can't you sit still?" He mumbled under his breath.

 Eun Ah opened the car door before it had even come to a stop and raced to the shop, hearing Daehyun muttering something about "putting a leash on her."

She swung the door open and echoed into the shop that only had a few customers. "HALMONIIII! I'M HERE!!" Halmoni poked her head out.

"Oh Eun Ah you're here? Why are you so excited today? Did something good happen?" She said as she walked towards her, wiping her hands on her apron.

"Nope! I just missed you!" She said as she ran to envelop her in a bear hug.

The few customers giggled at  her antics but Halmoni still hugged the girl back.

"Idiot, I saw you last night."

"I know, it just felt like longer." Eun Ah mumbled.

Halmoni pulled back and looked in her eyes in concern, "Is everything alright?"

"Oh, um...yea--"

"Why are you running off? What did I tell you about staying near me?" Daehyun snapped as he stepped into the shop with Yongmi trailing behind him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're a glorified babysitter, good for you." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"Oh who's this handsome boy?" Halmoni asked as she nudged Eun Ah out of the way. "You look like Won Bin! So good looking!"

"Ah, thank you Mrs. Kwon." Daehyun said with a polite bow and sweet smile.

Eun Ah felt like vomiting at the scene.

"Mrs. Kwon? No, you can call me Halmoni from now on!" Eun Ah watched Halmoni fawn over Daehyun with betrayal in her eyes.

"Kwon Soo Jin, how can you forget me the minute a young boy walks in!?" She turned to the ahjussi's that were regulars at the shop, "Don't you guys give her enough attention already? Why is she going for younger guys?" The old men laughed and she turned back to Halmoni who smacked her with a spoon.

"Yah, why are you calling me by my name, you rascal, no boy wants to marry a disrespectful girl."

"Halmoni!"

"This nice boy is worried about your safety and you don't even give him a seat?" She turned to Daehyun and grabbed his hands, "Daehyun-ssi, my Eun Ah has a bit of a sharp tongue and a mean temper, but I'm sure you'll grow to love her, just give her time, she has quite a cute personality once you really get to know her." Daehyun couldn't mask the look of horror and disgust on his face when he realized what she was implying.

"HALMONI! NO! I'm not dating this punk, I would never do that to myself. A monkey has a better chance getting with me than him!"

Daehyun sneered at the older girl, "I guess it makes sense, animals of the same species should mate together."

"Hwang Eun Ah, don't be rude, what's wrong with this boy? He's so handsome and sweet.  I've been telling you to finally settle down and find a nice boy for so long.  She's 26 you know!  26, and not one boyfriend."

Eun Ah's eyes widened and her cheeks blazed. "Halmoni! Stop, please!"

"When I was 26, I was doing a lot more than dating." She said shamelessly as Daehyun looked at Halmoni with an evil smile.

Eun Ah smirked when her eyes fell on Yongmi who was still unnoticed. She was going to wipe that smile of his face.

"Actually Halmoni, Daehyun and I aren't dating because he already has a pretty girlfriend."

Daehyun gave her an odd look.

"Really? Well it makes sense, a handsome boy like you would be snatched up already." Halmoni gushed.

Eun Ah resisted the urge to roll her eyes, "She's actually here, say hello Yongmi. Actually, they're here to celebrate their one year anniversary."

The look of pure shock and embarrassment that flashed both their faces was one of the best things that Eun Ah had ever seen in her life.

"Ah, H-hello, I'm B-bang Yongmi." She said with a bow, her hands shaking and her eyes flitting around the room.

"OH MY GOD! You're so pretty, like those idols I see on TV! Aigoo, what a good looking couple. Your children will be so beautiful! Aiooo, you two should sit down and order something to eat, it's on the house for the pretty couple. Congratulations on your anniversary."

Eun Ah was almost on the ground laughing at the bewildered looks on their faces as Halmoni ushered them to a small booth that had the two of them pressed against each other. They would meet eyes and immediately look away with a furious blush on both their faces.

Eun Ah loved how the tables turned and grabbed two menus before strutting over to them. She tried her hardest to keep a straight face when she saw Yongmi's pleading, desperate look and Daehyun's angry, venomous glare.

Eun Ah placed two menus down on the table and slid it towards them with an overly pleasant smile on her face, "Today's special is the couple bento box with a milkshake for the two lovebirds, and a  little kiss will get you two a free meal for your next anniversary."  She said with a cheeky grin and exaggerated wink.

"Y-yah--"

"I'll let you two talk it out. I'll be back to take your order." With one last sickly sweet smile, Eun Ah left the awkward pair and walked to the back where she picked up the steaming bowls to serve the early lunch and late brunch crowd that was settling in.

After taking everyone's orders, and ignoring the scathing looks she was receiving from Daehyun, Eun Ah managed to serve everyone until majority of the shop cleared out.

Halmoni slid up beside her when Eun Ah was chugging down a glass of water.

"They're quite a cute couple though aren't they?"

Eun Ah glanced at the pair she was talking about and felt a small smile crawl up her lips.

The two of them had overcome the initial awkwardness and even though they were forced very close together, Eun Ah could see the look Daehyun gave Yongmi when she was talking animatedly about something or the way Yongmi would sneak a glance at him when he was looking away. Eun Ah felt a pang in her heart. 

Will I even live long enough to find someone who would treat me like that? All the men around me either want to kill me or hate me.

"Where did you meet them anyways?"

"Huh?" Eun Ah said, waking up from her thoughts.

"It's just that, I've never seen nor heard you talk about those two, where did you meet them?" Halmoni asked as she looked up at Eun Ah.

She didn't know what to say, she couldn't exactly tell her the truth but how was she supposed to lie? Halmoni knew everything about Eun Ah, she practically raised the girl since she was 16.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter