The Nerd of the School

It Wasn't Fate, But Our Annoying Siblings That Brought Us Together

It was Monday morning and you had woken up early, as usual. You got up and did your daily routine : hygienic stuff, stretching, going out for a morning stroll/jog and then getting ready for school. After you finished getting ready, you ate some breakfast. Your sister had just woken up and then lazily got herself ready for college. You just shook your head when you saw her being disorganised.

You finished eating and then went back upstairs to put your 'dorky' glasses on. Since you were still quite early, you decided to wait for your lazy, rushing sister to finish her breakfast. Minzy rushingly ate her breakfast and almost choked. After she finished eating, she didn't bother washing her plate, and just rushed out the door. She locked the door before rushing off, totally forgetting that you were waiting for her. You face - palmed yourself as you slowly walked to school.

It was a peaceful, 20 minute walk to school. By the time you got there, you were puffed out, even though you were only walking. You quickly ran to your locker and got your locker key out. You unlocked your locker and saw... a snake falling out of your locker. Although it was fake, it made hissing noises and you hated it. You hated reptiles. You couldn't stand to even be near them. You screamed and shouted across the corridor, hoping someone would help you.

But no one came. Instead, people were laughing and snickering at how frightened you were. They didn't even care about your feelings. They all didn't even care a single bit about you, because you were THE nerd of the school. You continued to freak out until someone grabbed the snake on the floor, and tossed it into the bin. The hissing noise stopped and you stopped spazzing out. You looked up with your teary, puffed eyes to see who had helped you.

When you looked up, you saw Ricky, one of your most trustworthy 'friends'. You stopped crying immediately when you saw him. He turned his head around smiled. "There. It's okay now, ~~~~. I got rid of one of your most feared creatures." he said, assuring you that you would be safe.

Without a second thought, you ran up to him and hugged him tightly. It earned you a lot of death stares from girls and gasps and everything, but you didn't care. "Thank you so much, Ricky oppa..." you said with a muffled voice, as you were buried in his chest.

He just patted your head and made you feel safe. You and Ricky were both walking to your first class together, and all the students that you passed, looked at you with a disgusted look. Especially the girls. I mean, you were walking to class with the KINGKA of the school. Who wouldn't be surprised?

When you entered the classroom, it was still early. The bell hadn't rung yet and so you decided to sit down and relax for a while. A few minutes later after you finished setting everything up on your table, Ciel, your best friend, came barging into the classroom. She ran up to you and shook your shoulders. "Yah! Are you okay? Did anything happen to you? I heard that a snake fell out of your locker!" she said.

You shook your head. "I'm fine. Ricky helped me in the end, so I'm fine." you replied with a happy tone.

Ciel looked over at Ricky and then went up to him. She had a huge crush on Ricky. She thanked him politely with a shy little face and then ran back to you. You slightly giggled at Ciel, as you knew about her secret crush and feelings for Ricky. What you didn't notice was that Ricky was the one who had a crush on you, not Ciel. When Ricky was just about to come up to you and start talking to you, a voice calld out to him. "Ricky!" he called.

Ricky's attention went to the person who called out to him. L.Joe. He ran up to L.Joe and asked, "Yes, hyung?"

L.Joe just said, "I heard you helped a girl, not to mention, a NERD. Is that true?"

Ricky nodded. "She's my friend. Of course I would help her." he said.

L.Joe replied, "Man I never knew you would help people. Especially nerds.. Who is it?"

Ricky pointed over to where you were. L.Joe followed his finger and then saw you. He looked closely at you and you looked familiar to him. But because you were wearing your dorky glasses, L.Joe couldn't figure out who you were. "Oh I see. Well, I'll see you at lunch in the cafeteria." L.Joe said before he left.

Ricky nodded and said good bye to him. While L.Joe was walking back to class, he was deep in thought. *Hmm.. Why does that girl look so familiar? I feel like I've met her somewhere... But where?* he thought to himself, just as the bell rang for class.

During class, you were focused on the work that was up on the board, until a paper ball was thrown at you. You ignored it and continued to study. But as time gradually flew by, more and more paper balls were being thrown at you. For you, this was normal, as nerds were most likely to be the 'victims' of constant bullying. You had already gotten used to it. This continued for the rest of the lesson. Ciel and Ricky couldn't bear to see you like this, especially Ricky. He wasn't just going to let you get bullied like this all the time.

~*Ring Ring*~

The bell finally rang for the next class. You quickly packed your things up and told Ciel and Ricky that you needed to go to the restroom. You rushed outside and quickly went to the bathroom and shut yourself inside a cubicle. There, you just stressed out for a while, as you couldn't concentrate even one bit during that horrible period. After you had relieved your stress out, you decided to go back to the classroom, or else you would be late. You opened the cubicle door, and saw that standing in front of you, were the queenkas of the school.

You gulped hard and just waited to receive your 'so - called punishment'. One of the queenkas, Jessica, came up to you and pushed you down onto the floor. She spat at you and then harshly said, "Stay away from OUR Ricky oppa! And stop calling him oppa! You have no right to!"

Those words were pretty harsh for you. Ricky was one of your first friends. You could never leave him, no matter what. You wanted to stand up for yourself and your friend, but you couldn't. Jessica kept throwing harsh words at you and you didn't even get a chance to speak up.

"You don't even deserve to be Ricky's friend. You're just a stupid nerd and an ugly girl who will never be pretty. I bet you threatened Ricky to become your friend." Jessica continued to insult.

Tears were on the verge of trickling down your cheeks, but you bravely held them in. You tried to endure the pain as much as you could. When it looked like the queenkas were about to leave, you decided to stand up and clean yourself before the teacher arrived at your class. But boy were you wrong. The queenkas got a bucketful of water and splashed it all over you, making you scream and drown in the water. You gulped some of the water down and you were coughing.

Ricky and Ciel heard your scream and were also wondering why it took you so long. They both got worried and decided to go to the girl's restroom. They both rushed to the bathroom to see that you had been splashed with bucketfuls of water. When Ricky saw your sad and puffed face full of tears, he snapped. He went into the girl's restroom, not caring even though he was a boy. The girls were frightened, because they knew that Ricky truly cared for you. They decided to change the subject. "Oh my, Ricky. You shouldn't be in here.. ahaha.. you're a boy! Don't be such a ert..."

But that got him even more mad. He got the bucket that was empty on the floor, and filled it up with water. The girls knew exactly what he was going to do, and tried to run away, only to be blocked by Ciel. "Where do you guys think you're going?" she smirked.

The girls were truly scared to hell. Ricky had just finished filling three bucketfuls of water up and without a warning, he splashed it all onto the girls. They squealed and screamed as the cold and icky water touched their 'delicate' skin. They ran out of the girl's toilet, screaming. After Ciel made sure that they weren't going to come back, she rushed over to where you were. "Omo! ~~~~! Are you okay? Did they do anything to you?!" she asked.

You just shook your head. "All they did was splash water on me... And insult me. But their insults were true. I don't deserve to be Ricky oppa's friend. I'm too nerdy and ugly..." you said, sulking.

Ricky couldn't bear to see you like this and hugged you. Although Ciel had a crush on Ricky, she understood why he did it for you. She also knew that Ricky had a crush on you. Ricky then said, "Babo... I don't care if you're a nerd. I don't care if your pretty or ugly. I just like the way you are. Even if you are the nerd of the school."

Then he took your dorky glasses off. "Plus... when you take your glasses off, all the boys would obviously be charmed by you. It's the inner beauty that counts.. ~~~~."

You heart felt warm once again by Ricky's words. After Ricky and Ciel got you clean and almost dry, you all walked to your next class. Although you guys would be late, at least you had an excuse. You were back in happy spirits and you were holding hands with both of your best, trustworthy friends.

*I'm probably the luckiest nerds in the world.. To have such best friends is just great!* you happily thought.