An Awkward Night

It Wasn't Fate, But Our Annoying Siblings That Brought Us Together

L.Joe had fallen asleep while waiting for you to finish cooking. Minzy and Chunji were still sleeping as well. It was already 7:20PM, and you had just finished making the 'extra spicy' dukkbokki. You called L.Joe's name, but got no response. You tilted your head in confusion, and then went to the couch where L.Joe was. You looked behind the back of the chair and saw L.Joe... soundlessly sleeping. You smiled at the sight. He looked so adorable and cute when he was sleeping. Then an idea popped into your mind randomly.

You took your phone out and opened the camera. You turned the phone on silent and turned the flash off, incase he would wake up at the brightness of it. You secretly smiled and then took a picture of his cute sleeping face. Secretly smiling, you gently placed the phone back into your pocket and went back to the kitchen to do the finishing touches of the food. Along with the dukkbokki, you made side dishes. After you thought you did quite a good job, you decided to blend up some healthy blueberry juice as well.

After you finished the blending, you got 4 cups out and poured the blueberry juice in it, carefully proportioning it, as usual. After that, you got a lovely patterned tablecloth and placed it over your dining table, which was quite plain. You then got a vaseful of flowers and placed it in the middle of the dining table. Smiling at your now beautified dining table, you went back into the kitchen to get the food and drinks.

After placing everything carefully down on the table, you decided to wake L.Joe up. You went up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. No response. You flicked his forehead. No response. "Aish! This guy is a deep sleeper! How am I supposed to wake him up...?" you mumbled to yourself.

A few minutes passed by, and you still hadn't thought of anything. The food was getting cold and you became frustrated. You decided to wake Minzy and Chunji up first. You walked up the stairs and lightly knocked on Minzy's room. You carefully opened the door to reveal Minzy and Chunji, sleeping soundlessly on the bed. You smiled at the sight but then felt guilty, as you had to ruin it. You went up to Minzy and tapped her on the shoulder and immediately her eyes popped open.

She sat up on the bed and sleepily rubbed her eyes. "What is it? Time for dinner already?" she said.

You nodded. "Please wake Chunji up. And.. do you know how I can wake L.Joe up?" you asked.

Minzy stopped rubbing her eyes and then secretly smiled. "I don't know, ~~~~. But the last time I remember what Chunji told me about him... L.Joe wakes up if someone kisses him..." Minzy smirked.

Your eyes widened. "Are you crazy Minzy!?" you yelled, which made Chunji wake up.

"Huh? What's going on?" Chunji sleepily said.

"Oh nothing. Just telling my sister how to wake L.Joe up." Minzy replied, giggling a little bit.

At that moment, Chunji woke up completely and then smiled. "Oh, so you want to know how to wake him up? Well.. kissing him will do." Chunji smirked.

You sighed in disbelief and then nodded. "Dinner's ready... so you guys can come downstairs now." you said.

The couple nodded and then you left the room, sighing. "I wonder if she really is going to kiss him.." Minzy mumbled to Chunji.

"She probably will." Chunji happily replied, while Minzy nodded.

Meanwhile, you were back downstairs, stuck in the living room with a sleeping L.Joe. You were still wondering if you should kiss him or not. "Only on the forehead or cheek right...?" you mumbled to yourself.

You nodded and then took a deep breath. You closed up on L.Joe and then cupped his face. You moved up towards his forehead and then gently pressed your lips against it. Immediately, L.Joe's eyes opened wide and then jumped back. "AH! What are you doing, ~~~~?" he yelled.

You were blushing in embarrassment and then said, "I - I was just trying to wake you up, and then Chunji told me that the only way to wake you up was by kissing you..." you embarrassing said.

"So you trusted him? Are you serious!? Are you sure it's not that you just wanted to kiss me?" he smirked.

"A - Ani! Now hurry up and get ready for dinner..." you blushed.

L.Joe smiled and then obediently nodded. He moved towards the table and smelt the food you had cooked. When he opened his eyes to see what you had cooked, his mouth was wide open. "D - Dukkbokki!? Is it extra spicy?" he yelled at you.

You nodded and happily smiled, proud of what you had done. L.Joe was staring at you. "Is this why you asked me what my favourite was?" he questioned.

You slowly nodded, while L.Joe's lips slowly curved into a smile. "Gomawo, ~~~~." he thanked.

Minzy and Chunji has just come down from Minzy's bedroom and made themselves comfortable at the dining table. "Wahh! ~~~~, did you set the table up? It's beautiful!" Minzy and Chunji chorused at the same time.

You sheepishly nodded. Minzy ruffled your hair. "You're getting better at this now!" she teased.

After a little bit of teasing, everyone sat down and began to eat. When Chunji saw the 'extra spicy' dukkbokki, he immediately asked, "~~~~, how did you know what L.Joe's favourite food was?" he smiled.

"I - I asked him." you replied.

"Oh I see. So you decided to make it for HIM tonight?" Chunji said, emphasizing the 'him'.

You shook your head. "A -  Ani! I just didn't have any ideas for tonight's dinner, so I thought I'd ask him." you defended.

"Sure ~" Chunji replied.

You pouted. Chunji and Minzy laughed. L.Joe was just smiling at you. Everyone was having a wonderful time. Then you finally decided to eat. L.Joe hastily ate one of his dukkbokki from his bowl and shoved it into his mouth, eager to taste it. You juist watched him as Minzy and Chunji were happily feeding each other. L.Joe then yelled out, "THIS IS SO GOOD! How can you cook like this!?" L.Joe bursted.

You smiled. You were glad that he liked it. Chunji was smiling. "I can tell that ~~~~ is going to be a GREAT wife to the lucky boy that she marries." he winked.

You blushed at his sudden compliment. Then you began to quickly eat your dukkbokki as well. Due to the spiciness, you had to quickly drink your blueberry juice. L.Joe just laughed at you. Chunji and Minzy just kept feeding each other the whole time, and slowly drank the blueberry juice.

After everyone had finished eating, you piled all the plates up and strode towards the kitchen. L.Joe knew you were going to come back for the cups as well, so instead, he took them over to you. Chunji and Minzy just went back upstairs into Minzy's room, and stayed there for the rest of the time. Just as you were about to go back to the dining table for the cups, you saw L.Joe coming towards you, holding the cups in his hand. You were surprised and then quickly took the cups from him. "Thank you, but I can do this."  you smiled.

L.Joe just smirked at your stubborness, but was also surprised. *First time a girl has ever rejected my help as well... Just what is with this girl?* L.Joe thought.

He then continued to walk towards the sink, where you were. You were washing the dishes and placing them on the side of the sink, so you could dry them afterwards. L.Joe smiled and then took a towel nearby. He walked to the sink, stood next to you, took a plate that was washed, and started to dry it. You turned your head to see L.Joe drying the plate and you were surprised. Although you were about to take the plate out of his hands, you decided to let him help you, just this once. You smiled and then went back to washing.

The both of you took your time washing and drying the dishes together, and even started mini conversations. It continued like this until L.Joe asked you the question that you didn't want to hear, "Are you possibly... hiding your identity from me?"

You took a big gulp and shook your head calmly, trying to persuade L.Joe that you weren't a nerd, and you certainly weren't Sekyung. But L.Joe wasn't buying it. "You're lying to me about a lot of things aren't you ~~~~?" he raised an eyebrow.

You shook your head again, without responding. L.Joe sighed and then let it go. *I swear I will find out soon about who you are.. and also your feelings for me. I feel like I'm getting more closer to you..* L.Joe thought to himself, while you sighed a sigh of relief.

You and L.Joe had both finally finished washing and drying the dishes, and you thanked him for helping. He smiled and put two thumbs up. You beamed back at him. L.Joe went to chill on the couch, while you finished cleaning the rest.

You had never noticed, but Chunji and Minzy had taken a picture of you kissing L.Joe on the forehead.. They had gone into your bedroom and slipped the photo into your wallet, loosely.