Scavenger Hunting!

It Wasn't Fate, But Our Annoying Siblings That Brought Us Together

The next day, your ankle was much better, and you could start doing activities and walk on your own. After breakfast, at 9AM in the morning, an announcement was made. "Everyone, please assemble at the hotel entrance. I repeat, everyone, please assemble at the hotel entrance. Another event will be held." Mr. Jjang announced.

Everyone huddled out onto the concreted hotel entrance, and then waited for Mr. Jjang to come. "I wonder what we'll be doing this time.." one student asked.

"I hope it's something fun again!" another said.

"Yeah, I just hope that it won't be as hard and tiring.." one of the girls said.

-----

After waiting for 10 minutes, Mr. Jjang finally arrived at the hotel entrance and then said, "Good morning everyone. As you know, today is a wonderful day, and it's a day perfect for a ... SCAVENGER HUNT!" Mr. Jjang yelled.

"YAY!!!" all the students roared.

"I love scavenger hunts!" one of the students said.

"Yes yes, I know that we all do. But this scavenger hunt will be alternated a little." Mr. Jjang said.

Everyone gulped. "Oh come on. It won't be THAT bad!" Mr. Jjang said.

Everyone started easing down a little. "There. That's better. Now. The alternated part is just..." he started explaining.

After his explanation, the students had fully understood what he meant, and then one of your classmates said, "That's fine!"

"Yeah! It'll be more fun that way!" another student said.

"I'm glad that you guys will enjoy it." Mr. Jjang said.

"Who are our partners going to be?" someone asked.

"You will have the same partner as you did in the obstacle race." Mr. Jjang said.

"Okay." the students said.

Some were happy to remain with their partners, and some weren't. You were quite satisfied, L.Joe was happy, Ricky was a bit depressed but still happy, and Ciel was grinning like a little fool. "Alright now! Everyone, please form a line so that I can hand you each a scavenger hunting list. Please note that everyone's list will be different, so don't go thinking about teaming up with anyone!" Mr. Jjang warned.

"Okay!" everyone said.

You all formed a line and you and L.Joe were pretty much at the front. Same with Ciel and Ricky. When it was you and L.Joe's turn, Mr. Jjang suddenly went back to his pile of lists and searched desparately for a 'specific' one. You and L.Joe eyed each other in confusion. "Ah! Here it is." Mr. Jjang said as he gave it to you, smiling.

"Um.. Mr. Jjang, what took you so long to get our list?" you asked.

"Oh. I made a specific one for you two. Since I know that you two are the best teamworkers in our class!" Mr. Jjang complimented.

You and L.Joe smiled. "Thank you Mr. Jjang." you both chorused, and then bowed.

You both left and then sat back down at where all the other students were, waiting for everyone to get their lists.

-----------------

After everyone got their scavenger list, Mr. Jjang then said, "Okay. There is no time limit, and whichever pair comes back first, will.. NOT get a prize this time, since I've run out of ideas.." Mr. Jjang scratched the back of his neck.

"Awwww!" the students complained.

"ANYWAY! Get ready!" Mr. Jjang said.

Everyone got ready, eagerly waiting for Mr. Jjang to say go.

---

"Ready.. Set.. GO!" Mr. Jjang yelled.

Everyone sprinted off to random locations, looking at their scavenger list while running into the middle of nowhere. You and L.Joe were the only group left behind, still looking at the list. The list contained:

1) I have a spine, but cannot bend. I can tell you things but I cannot talk. You can judge me by my looks, but you will not know everything about me. What am I?

2) As I clean, I get dirtier. So if you spill anything in the restaurant, don't fret, just use me. What am I?

3) I can be used for fighting, but I am not a sword. If you hit someone with me, feathers may fall out. I'm not a bird, so what am I?

4) I am hot and I can burn your skin. I am made out of metal, or possibly tin. I can cook and make a meal for you! What am I?

5) Inside me there is light, and I can give you sight. There's no use for me in the daylight, but you may need me tonight. What am I?

6) I have many keys, but I don't unlock anything. I have notes but you can't see the words. What am I?

7) I am a basket, but you cannot hold nor collect anything. I am a net, but you can't catch anything with me. You can place a ball in me, but I'm not used for soccer. What am I?

8) I grow, but I'm not alive, nor am I dead. What am I?

9) A rug goes up this, a rug goes down this. I go up and down at the same time, and I never, ever stop. What am I?

10) Time for breakfast, yum what a treat! Have something crunchy and take a seat.

--------------------

"This seems pretty easy, but difficult at the same time.." you mumbled to L.Joe.

"Yeah it does.. and to think that if there's a musical instrument involved, we have to play it. It'll be easy, but still... Mr. Jjang's version of these kind of 'games' are.. just plain weird." L.Joe said.

"Yeah.. Come on, let's go. I already know what the first one is." you said.

"Really?" L.Joe asked, surprised at how quick your mind worked.

"Yeah. I actually know the answer for the first 5 already..." you confessed.

L.Joe's eyes widened. "WHAT!?" he yelled.

You giggled. "Oh what did you expect from a NERD like me?" you said, emphasizing the 'nerd'.

"Haha. I guess you're right. Nerds are SO useful." L.Joe teased.

"YAH!" you yelled.

"Okay okay, mianhae. Let's just go. Where's our first destination?" L.Joe asked.

"The library." you said.

"Okay." L.Joe said.

-----