Rules and Partners

It Wasn't Fate, But Our Annoying Siblings That Brought Us Together

"I'm scared of courage tests!" you admitted.

L.Joe looked at you, shocked. "Are you serious?" he asked.

You embarrassingly nodded. "Y - Yeah... S - So what?" you asked.

L.Joe chuckled. "Awww. you're so cute when you're embarrassed. Don't worry, oppa will protect you." L.Joe teased.

"Yah! That's mean!" you pouted.

"Haha, arasseo, mianhae mianhae." L.Joe said, patting your head.

"There they are! Just on time as well!" Mr. Jjang pointed at the last group of students, who made it just in time.

"Mianhae Mr. Jjang. We got lost and then ran into some complications... Chongmal mianhae.." the students sincerely apologised.

"Arasseo, it's alright. Now let's go do the courage test! Oh and everyone who is scared of courage tests, I suggest you go get some flashlights. It's going to be pitch dark. Suggestfully, I think you should bring one, if you ever want to get out of that dreadful haunted house." Mr. Jjang warned.

Many students gulped and ran to their rooms, desparately searching for their flashlights. "AH! Found it!" you happily said.

You left the room and then went back to where Mr. Jjang was. When you arrived, you saw that L.Joe was standing there, with no flashlight what so ever. You walked over to him and then asked, "Where's your flashlight?"

"I don't need one." he replied.

"B - But then you can't see! And creepy crawlies will be everywhere! Aren't you scared of haunted houses at all?" you asked.

"No. Not really." L.Joe replied.

"H - How can you NOT be scared?" you asked.

"How can you be scared?" he asked back, raising an eyebrow.

"I - I don't know.. it's just really creepy!" you admitted.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" L.Joe asked.

"No." you replied without  hesitating.

"Then you'll be fine. Just believe in yourself, focus on getting out of the house, keep telling yourself that there are no ghosts, ignore the noises and you'll be fine. That's what I always do." L.Joe stated.

"Are you sure that'll work?" you asked.

"Positive. It worked on me." he answered.

You smiled and then nodded. "Thanks. I'll try use that method.." you gratefully thanked.

He smiled back at you in return. Most of the students had now returned, so Mr. Jjang told you to follow him. It was a ten minute walk and you had walked half way. Things had already gotten darker and it already looked creepy. You shivered in fear, but then remembered what L.Joe told you. *Believe in yourself ~~~~... It'll be fine. That's right.* you thought.

--------

You had finally gotten used to your surroundings. But then, when you reached the haunted house, you started to shiver again. Your eyes were closed and you slowly opened them. Your eyes widened at the sight before you. It looked like a castle, a beautiful one. It was huge. You couldn't possibly think that it was a haunted house. "Mr. Jjang... Are you sure this is a haunted house?" you asked.

"As much as I would like to say no, it is ~~~~." Mr. Jjang replied.

Everyone was admiring the beauty of the OUTER appearance of the haunted house until Mr. Jjang started explaining the courage test. "Okay, everyone will have a partner, and it will be girl and boy. Each girl will draw a name from the box and whoever you get, will be your partner. The first pair that finishes coming out of the haunted house safely, will win and get a prize. If it's too dangerous, and no one makes it out during the time limit, the prize will go to no one. That is all. Girls, please come and make a line." Mr. Jjang explained.

You and Ciel quickly dashed into the lineful of girls. Unfortunately, you and Ciel ended up being at the back of the line. "I guess we're going to have to wait a while.." you said, while Ciel sighed and nodded.

All the girls wanted L.Joe or Ricky. But sadly, none of them did. It was finally your turn and then you picked up a piece of paper from the box. You unfolded it and the paper revealed... Ricky. You pleasantly smiled as you went over to where Ricky was. "Ricky oppa! You're my partner!" you yelled.

"Jinja!?" Ricky happily yelled back.

You nodded. "I wonder who Ciel got.." Ricky said.

Just then, Ciel came running over to L.Joe. "L.Joe! You're my partner!" Ciel yelled from afar.

"Okay!" L.Joe replied, not really interested anymore.

After everyone finally got their partners, Mr. Jjang gave everyone a number tag. "This'll be your pair number." Mr. Jjang said.

Everyone nodded. "What do we use it for?" someone asked.

"This, although it may not look like it, is a small walkie talkie. Press the number, and you can interact with your partner. Use it for emergency, for example, if you guys get lost or lose each other." Mr. Jjang explained.

"Woooww~" the students remarked.

"Alright now, everyone. You may go in now." Mr. Jjang said.

Each pair went in one by one. By the time you and Ricky went in, you could already hear screams from your classmates. "I - I'm scared... Everyone seems to be screaming.." you shivered.

"Haha.. I'm scared too... But don't worry ~~~~.. I'll protect you." Ricky said.

"Thanks Ricky oppa..." you thanked, as you both stepped into the dark, haunted house.

*I hope everything will be alright...* you thought.

*I will protect her.. even if I'm scared... I will be the one to protect her...* Ricky thought.

-------

I updated extra because I skipped out!
Hope you guys enjoy !! ^^