Riddle No. 6; Musical Talents

It Wasn't Fate, But Our Annoying Siblings That Brought Us Together

You and L.Joe had finished finding all the items for the first five riddles. The answers were;

1) a book
2) a napkin
3) a pillow
4) a pan/pot
5) a lamp.

-------

I never knew you would know the answers to them THAT easily.." L.Joe said, shocked.

You giggled. "I told you. That's what nerds are for.." you said.

L.Joe grinned. "That's true." he agreed.

"So.. what's number 6..?" L.Joe asked.

"A piano." you replied.

"Where are we supposed to go to find that!?" L.Joe asked.

"I think I saw a music room somewhere in the hotel." you replied.

"Okay, let's go." L.Joe grabbed your wrist and then dragged you with him back to the hotel.

-----------

Once you arrived there, L.Joe began to follow you to the music room, which was on one of the top floors. Once you arrived at the music room. you carefully and cautiously opened the room, and then stepped inside, motioning for L.Joe to follow. He did as asked, and then he closed the door after he entered. The two of you looked around the room for the piano, and then spotted one nearby. When you both reached the piano, you noticed that there was someone standing next to the piano.

"Annyeonghaseyo.. May we please use the piano?" you asked.

"Yes." the man replied.

"Um.. pardon me for my rudeness sir, but what are you doing here?" you asked.

"I'm helping Mr. Jjang with the scavenger hunt. Because you never know if the student has done what the riddles say." the man replied.

"Ahh.. I see." you nodded, while L.Joe was just frozen like a statue.

You then turned your head to L.Joe. "Do you want to play the piano first?" you asked, smiling.

L.Joe then nodded eagerly. He sat down on the piano chair, and then thought of a piece that he could play. You sat down on the other chair, and then waited for him to start.

-----------------

L.Joe started playing the piano, and you just sat there, listening to him play. It had a beautiful melody, and it made you smile. You looked at his long, quick - playing fingers that were gently tapping on the piano notes, and then thought to yourself, *I never knew that L.Joe was so good at playing the piano...*

By the time L.Joe had finished playing, you had almost fallen asleep. When he turned his head around, he saw your eyelids dropping down. He chuckled and then flicked your forehead gently. You immdiately woke up to the flick, and then rubbed your eyes. "Yah, it's your turn now." L.Joe smiled.

Slowly, while rubbing your eyes, you nodded, and then got up from the seat, moving to the piano seat. L.Joe took your seat, while you got yourself ready to play the piano. In your mind, you were thinking about what song to play. After deciding the song, you got your fingers in position, and then started to gently play the melody.

------------

Your hands were as swift as L.Joe's, and the melody was just mesmorising. L.Joe looked at you with shocked eyes, while listening to the wonderful melody. Soon, his eyes closed and then he bobbed his head to the melody. Inside his mind, he thought, *I never knew that ~~~~ was this good at piano ... *

After you finished playing, L.Joe clapped and smiled at you. You got up from your seat and so did L.Joe. Both of you walked up to the man that was watching you with a warm smile. "Your performances were very well done." the man said.

"Thank you very much, sir." you thanked and then bowed.

You held out your stamp booklet, and the man stamped it, in evidence that you had done what you were meant to do, and that you had 'found' the item. L.Joe and you then walked away from the music room, leaving the man inside. *Those two.. Something good will happen to them.* the man thought with confidence.

-----

"I never knew that you were so good at playing the piano." L.Joe said.

"I never knew that you were so good either.." you replied.

"Where did you learn piano?" L.Joe asked.

"I self - taught myself." you smiled proudly.

"Wow.." L.Joe complimented.

"Come on, we need to work out what the next riddle is." you said.

"Arasseo." L.Joe pouted.

"A basket that can't hold anything, a net that can't catch anything.. Placing a ball in it will work, but it's not used for soccer..? What other games involve using nets and baskets, with balls being placed in them?" you asked L.Joe, as you weren't very good at sporty type of things, except swimming.

"Basketball hoop?" L.Joe replied with a shrug.

"That's it!" you said.

L.Joe smiled at his perfect guess. "See, I'm smart too!" he smiled.

"You wish." you 'mehrong'ed him.

"Yah! Are you saying I'm dumb?" L.Joe raised an eyebrow.

"No, I'm just saying that you're not smarter than me!" you smiled.

"Pfft, I'll show you that I am!" L.Joe challenged.

"Okay then. We'll see who can get the highest score for our tests in class when we get back." you suggested.

"Deal!" L.Joe said.

"And if I get a higher score than you, you have to treat me to ice cream and a date!" L.Joe winked.

You blushed at the thought of it. "F - Fine. But if I win, you have to ... to... Be my slave for a week!" you smiled.

"Oh really now?" L.Joe smirked.

As clueless as you were in things like that, you just tilted your head. "What?" you asked.

"It's nothing.." L.Joe smirked, as he walked off to the basketball court.

"Yah! Tell me!" you yelled, as you chased after him.