Grocery Shopping

It Wasn't Fate, But Our Annoying Siblings That Brought Us Together

You and L.Joe were walking down the street, towards the grocery store. L.Joe's arm was still wrapped around your waist, and you felt a little bit uncomfortable. "Umm... L.Joe - ssi, is it possible that you can move your arm off my waist? I feel kind of... uncomfortable." you said.

L.Joe looked at you in surprise. No girl has ever said this to him before. He blinked a couple of times and then replied to you in a cheesy way, "No, I can't."

You stared at him in disbelief and then just let him be. There was absolutely no point in telling him to do something, as he wouldn't. You and L.Joe awkwardly walked to the grocery store. Many people that you passed by said, "Omo! They are such a great couple! These days, it's really rare to see such cuties walking along these streets."

L.Joe smiled at the comments and you slightly blushed in embarrassment. *Do we really look like a good couple...? Wait, what am I thinking? I couldn't possibly be thinking about having a relationship with HIM! Andwae!* you scolded yourself for even thinking about the possibility.

A few more minutes of walking aimlessly towards the grocery store, and you both arrived. You started wondering about what you should cook for dinner, but had no ideas. Your last resort was to ask L.Joe. You turned to L.Joe and asked, "L.Joe - ssi, what's your favourite food?"

He looked at you and blinked several times before replying. "Dukkbokki. Extra spicy dukkbokki. Wae?" he asked, wondering why you asked such a question out of the blue.

"Oh it's nothing. Just wondering." you replied, sheepishly.

You told L.Joe to wait outside the store while you went inside to buy some groceries. *Extra spicy dukkbokki hmmm? Alright then, I guess we'll have that for dinner tonight.* you happily thought to yourself, as you went to go find the ingredients.

*Why did she ask what my favourite food was? Does she plan on cooking for me or something? I'd like to taste her cooking.. Ah! L.Joe, seriously, snap out of it! You're trying to make her give in to you here! Aish, why do I always act so weird around her!? Is it because she acts differently to all the other weird girls I've met!? Gosh..* L.Joe thought, while waiting for you to finish.

After a few minutes of waiting, you had finally finished finding all the ingredients, and you went to pay the bills. It was your turn to pay and just as you were about to get your money out of your wallet, a hand stopped you. You turned around, wondering who it was, and you were surprised to see L.Joe. "Here, I'll pay the bills" he offered.

You shook your head. "Ani, it's okay. I'll pay." you said.

You were about to hand the money to the cashier, when L.Joe took the money instead. "Yah, I said I'll pay, so I will." he insisted.

You rolled your eyes and then nodded. L.Joe smiled and gave the money back to you, while he got his money out of his wallet. He paid the cashier and then you took the shopping bags. It was quite heavy, but you could manage it. L.Joe thought that it was quite heavy for you, so he offered to carry some. Once again, you rejected, and once again, he insisted. You sighed and then handed him one of the carrying bags. He held his hand out, asking for more. You stared at him in disbelief, then handed him another. L.Joe smiled and then the two of you started walking home.

Along the way, you started to feel thirsty, and asked L.Joe if you could rest for a while. He nodded and both of you walked to the nearest bench. You placed all the shopping bags on the bench and then told L.Joe to wait. He slowly nodded and then looked after the bags, while you ran towards the nearest vending machine. You finally found one, and looked at how much the drinks were, and what drinks there were. When you saw that there was orange juice, you immediately smiled and bought one.

You were about to go back to where L.Joe was, when you thought that you also might buy one for him as well, as repayment for paying the cashier. You wondered what kind of drink L.Joe liked, and because you couldn't think of any, you just bought another orange juice pop. You rushed over to where L.Joe was and then offered him the orange juice. He looked up at you and then thanked you before taking the offer. You sat down next to him, opening your popper.

L.Joe was looking at you, enjoying your time drinking the orange juice. He smiled as you were smiling as well, because you loved orange juice. "Do you really like orange juice that much?"  L.Joe asked.

You stopped drinking and looked at L.Joe. You blinked for a while, and then sheepishly nodded. "Yes, I love orange juice." you replied, embarrassed.

L.Joe giggled at your little embarrassed face, and then began drinking his popper as well. Then his eyes turned towards the bagful of ingredients. "What are you cooking for dinner tonight, ~~~~?" he asked.

You began to secretly smile. "That's my little secret." you replied.

"Huh?" L.Joe confusingly asked.

You giggled. "It's nothing. You'll find out when we get back home." you replied.

L.Joe nodded. *Hehe, I'm just going to be cooking ... your favourite food L.Joe.* you happily thought to yourself.

"It's about time we should go now, right?" you asked L.Joe, who was just relaxing.

He nodded. You both stood up and chucked the poppers in the bin, as they were empty. This time, L.Joe carried more shopping bags, while you carried less. You were quite happy that you didn't have to carry as much, but you were also wondering if L.Joe thought it was heavy. "Is it heavy L.Joe - ssi? Do you want me to carry some more?" you asked.

L.Joe smiled. "Ani, I'm fine. Why? Are you possibly ... worried about me?" he smirked.

You blushed in embarrassment and then immediately said, "A-ani! I was just wondering."

L.Joe chuckled and then you continued to blush. The two of you continued walking home, and by the time you reached the house, it was already 6:30PM. *It took 1 hour and 30 minutes just to get groceries and take a little break!? I won't have that much time to cook then! We start eating dinner at 7:15PM!* you panicked.

L.Joe noticed your worried little face and asked, "What's wrong?"

"N-nothing." you said, as you walked towards the kitchen, with all the bags. L.Joe was confused and then just followed you. He put the bags on the table, and began to laze around on the couch, as he was tired from all the walking. You giggled a little bit as L.Joe was already tired after walking for only a little while. It was clear to you that he couldn't be bothered to walk or take strolls, ever. Minzy and Chunji were in Minzy's room, sleeping. You sighed a sigh of relief, as you would probably have more time to make the meal.

You told L.Joe to not wake them up until around 7:30PM, and he just obediently nodded. You smiled and then got to work. L.Joe just sat there, staring at you the whole time... *Time to make some extra spicy dukkbokki now!* you giggled to yourself.

*Hehe... I wonder what she's going to cook... I look forward to her homemade cooking...* L.Joe thought, as he continued to stare at you.