Lunch in the Cafeteria

It Wasn't Fate, But Our Annoying Siblings That Brought Us Together

~*Ring Ring*~

The bell rang for the beginning of lunch. Students rushingly packed their bags up and rushed to the cafeteria, hoping to be first in the long queue of people. You were taking your time to pack everything up neatly, as you never went to the cafeteria. You always ate your lunch on the rooftop with Ciel, and then went to the library for some studying, as usual, like a nerd. just as you were about to leave the classroom, Ricky called out your name. "~~~~!"

You turned your heard around to see him waving at you. You blinked and waved back. Ricky came to where you were and he looked extremely happy. "~~~~! Do you want to go to the cafeteria with me today?"

You shook your head, "I'm eating lunch with Ciel on the rooftop, then going to the library. Thanks for the offer though." you said.

Ricky then said, "Ciel told me to tell you that she had to go do something, which would take all of lunch."

"Oh.. That's a shame.. I guess I'll go with you today then." you said.

Ricky then brightened up and then linked his arms with you. You blinked and your eyes were wide at the sudden skinship, but then let it be. You and Ricky walked to the cafeteria together, smiling. Ricky told you to go sit down at the table which was at the very back, while he went to go get some food. You nodded and then strolled towards the table, with your lunch in your hand.

You reached the table and saw that someone was sitting here. You tried to look at who it was, but you couldn't because his head was on the table. Ricky had told you to go to this table, but he didn't say that anyone else would be sitting here. You decided to ask him if he sat here with Ricky all the time. "Um... Excuse me. Do you sit here with Ricky?" you embarrassingly asked.

He lifted his head up with a sleepy face and then your eyes widened. *L.Joe!? Oh no, I can't let him see me...* you panicked.

You then quickly put the tray on the desk and covered your face with your hands. L.Joe looked at you with a confused expression and then said, "Yes. I sit here with Ricky everyday. Why?"

"Oh.. I see. Well Ricky asked me to sit here with you guys.. so yeah.. Is that okay with you, L.Joe?" you asked.

L.Joe had an even more confused expression on his face. *Huh? How does she know my name? Have we met? And why is she covering her face? Wait... is she the 'nerd' that Ricky helped this morning? What a strange girl.. But she looks so familiar..* L.Joe thought to himself.

"Yeah sure, it's fine." L.Joe replied.

You moved one of your hands off your face and slid the tray to where you would be sitting. You carefully felt the area and made sure that you wouldn't be sitting on the floor. Then you sat down and then looked outside the window. You took your other hand off and began to quickly eat. L.Joe was looking at you, in an examining way.

*Wait a second.. she looks so familiar.. But her dorky glasses are in the way... And wait, why doesn't she feel like saying anything to me? She couldn't be.. ~~~~? NO WAY! She's not the type of person who would be a nerd right!? Plus, when I saw her, she wasn't wearing dorky glasses! No! It can't be her..* L.Joe thought, and shrugged the idea off.

You were eating your lunch and then Ricky had finally come back. "Sorry for the long wait, ~~~~! And hi L.Joe!" he happily said.

"Hi Ricky!" you said.

"Hey!" L.Joe said, without even realising that Ricky had just said your name, OUT LOUD.

Ricky sat down next to you and started to eat. It was really quiet. Then Ricky said, "Did you guys introduce yourselves yet?"

*...Oh no...* you thought.

"No.." L.Joe said.

*Yes, I can find out who she is now..* L.Joe thought.

"Oh okay then! I'll do the introducing!" Ricky happily said.

"L.Joe this is..-" Ricky was cut off.

"Sekyung! My name is Sekyung. Nice to meet you." you continued.

Ricky gave you a what-the-hell look. You mouthed to him, "Sorry, I'll explain later."

He understood and then continued the introductions, while L.Joe was a bit suspicious, but ignored it. "And Sekyung, this is L.Joe." Ricky finished.

You held out a hand and smiled at him, hiding part of your face. L.Joe shook your hand cautiously.

"Nice to meet you, L.Joe." you said.

"Nice to meet you, ...Sekyung." L.Joe hesitated saying your name.

The rest of lunch, it was quiet. You finished eating your lunch and then decided to go to the library for some studying. You excused yourself and then left the cafeteria. *Phew.. thank god he didn't notice. Thank you dorky glasses!* you giggled to yourself as you walked towards the library.

Meanwhile at the cafeteria, L.Joe had asked Ricky, "Hey. Is her name really Sekyung?"

Ricky gulped, then slowly nodded. L.Joe gave him a suspicious look. "Are you sure..?" he asked.

Ricky nodded again. "Okay then." L.Joe said.

Ricky sighed a sigh of relief and the two continued to finish eating their lunch. L.Joe however, didn't believe Ricky.

*Hmmm.. Ricky's hiding something from me. Who is that girl..?* L.Joe thought, just as the bell rang for the next class.