Jung Yonghwa

It Wasn't Fate, But Our Annoying Siblings That Brought Us Together

"Yah.... YAH!" Minzy yelled, whilst being dragged along by the mysterious boy.

No response. "Are you listening to me!?" Minzy struggled to release his grip from her wrist.

Still no response. Minzy sighed and gave in, and just let the mysterious boy lead her to wherever he was going. "We're here," the boy then said.

Minzy looked up from the ground and saw that he had lead her to the school gate entrance. "What're we doing here? Lunch is about to end," Minzy questioned.

"We're running away from school. You need some fresh air," the mysterious boy turned around and smiled with his dorky glasses.

"I'm perfectly fine, but thank you anyway. I appreciate the effort," Minzy annoyingly said.

"No, you're not fine. Come on, it'll be fun! It'll cool your head down a little." the mysterious boy said.

Minzy thought for a while, and then remembered that her next class was with Chunji and Hana. She hesitated for a while, as she would be wagging school with a total stranger, but then decided that it wouldn't be so bad after all. "Sure... But you're taking responsibility for me!" Minzy smiled.

The mysterious boy smiled, and then the two of them went to the front gate. Since it was locked, they would have to climb over it, and Minzy disliked the idea of that. "It's okay, I'll piggyback you and climb over it for the two of us," he suggested.

"But.. I'm heavy.." Minzy protested.

"It'll be fine," the boy reassured.

"If you say so then.." Minzy agreed.

The boy crouched down, and Minzy then slowly climbed onto his back. He stood up, and then put both his hands on the gate. "Hold on tight!" he said, as he started to slowly climb the gate.

Just then, one of the school teachers who were on duty saw the two of them leaving the school, and started yelling, "YAH! WHAT DO YOU KIDS THINK YOU'RE DOING!?"

"Oh , it's a teacher. Tch. Hold on tight, okay? I'm going to go faster." the boy said, calmly.

"O-Okay... Be careful.." Minzy worried.

The boy then climbed faster, wanting to get onto the other side before the teacher could come and open the gate. At the top of the gate, the boy then had to jump down from it, and told Minzy to keep holding tight. He jumped down carefully, to not injure Minzy. "Alright, now let's run." the boy said, as Minzy carefully got off his back.

"Okay," Minzy agreed, and the two of them sped off down the corner of the road.

The teacher was left behind, with nothing to do but sigh.

 

~5 minutes later~

 

"Phew, I think we've run far enough from the teacher," the boy huffed and puffed, smiling.

"Y - Yeah...." Minzy also gasped for breath.

The boy spotted a park bench nearby, and pointed at it. "Wanna go sit down for a while to catch our breath?" he asked.

"Sure. I could do with some rest," Minzy nodded, and the two made their way to the bench.

Both sitting down, it suddenly became quite quiet. Minzy decided to start a conversation and asked, "So... Why did you come help me when I was with Hana and Chunji?"

... ... ... ... ...

There was no response for a while, until he finally spoke, "It's my little secret."

Minzy cocked her head over to one side, but then smiled, "Well, whatever reason it was, thank you. I really do appreciate it."

"You're welcome." was the boy's reply.

... ... .. .. .. ... ...

"Would you like some ice-cream? It's a pretty hot day," the boy finally spoke after some moments of silence again, pointing at an ice-cream stand.

"Oh, sure!" Minzy replied.

"What flavour would you like?"

"Green tea!" Minzy beamed.

"Alright, wait here, okay?" the boy smiled, and then walked off to the stand.

 

Minzy just sat there, on the park bench, thinking about everything that had happened. She thought about Chunji and Hana, and her chest tightened painfully. *Chunji oppa... Why..* she sadly thought, when a bright voice interrupted her mind.

"I'm ba-..." the boy said, stopping in his sentence, when he saw Minzy's face full of tears.

"H - Huh?" Minzy sniffed.

"... Your face." the boy replied.

Minzy then touched her cheeks, and found that they were wet with her tears. "Oh... I'm sorry..." she replied, embarassed, as she wiped them away with fingers.

Then she saw a handkerchief in front of her. She looked up and saw the boy smiling, "Here, I think a handkerchief would be of better use than to use your fingers to wipe away the tears."

"T - Thank you... Oh gosh, this is so embarassing.." Minzy weakly smiled, still sniffing, as she wiped away her tears.

"Were you just thinking about your boyfriend...?" the boy asked, as he sat down, holding the green tea ice-cream out to Minzy.

Minzy happily took the ice-cream cone, and then nodded with a weak smile. "Yes, but he's no longer my boyfriend."

"Ah.. I see..." the boy his black sesame flavoured ice-cream.

It was awkward after that, and the two of you just silently continued to your ice-creams, until it was all gone. The two of you then got up. "I think it's about time I go home now. I don't think that I would want to return to school after that." Minzy slightly giggled.

"Would you like me to walk you back?" the boy politely offered.

"No, it's fine. I think you've done enough for me today." Minzy smiled.

"Alright then. I suppose I'll go back home as well then." the boy smiled.

"Thanks once again." Minzy thanked.

"It's no problem. You can always talk to me when you're feeling down, because I'll always be there to listen to you, alright?" he smiled.

"Sure. I really appreciate it." Minzy smiled.

"Okay then, I guess we'll be parting ways now." the boy said, sounding slightly upset.

"Yeah... I'll see you tomorrow then?" Minzy asked.

"Mhm." the boy replied.

"Alright then, bye!" Minzy waved cheerily.

"Bye!" the boy waved back, and then the two of them started to walk.

Minzy was back to her happy self, but then she suddenly realised, *Oh no! I forgot to ask him his name!* she gently bonked her head.

*Aish, I'm so stupid!* she thought, as she found herself quickly catching up to him once again.

"Wait up!" she shouted.

The boy, surprised, turned around and asked, "I - Is there something wrong?"

"N - No! No, no, no! I forgot .. to ask your name." Minzy stuck her tongue out.

The boy was quiet for a moment, and then started to laugh. "Y - You came all the way back just to ask me that? Hahaha!" he couldn't stop laughing.

"W - What! Sorry that I wanted to know your name!" Minzy pouted.

"Haha, I'm sorry. It was just pretty hilarious." the boy snickered.

"Well, what's your name?" Minzy asked once again.

"Yonghwa. Jung Yonghwa. Nice to meet you." he beamed.

"It's nice to meet you too!" Minzy beamed straight back.

*Jung Yonghwa... He seems like a trustworthy guy.. I'm glad I met him...* Minzy thought to herself, as she once again waved goodbye at him and then started to walk home.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Waaaahh!! I haven't updated for sooooo long ><
I'm back! For the moment I suppose! xDD

I'm so very very sorry that I made everyone wait!!
And I'm so very very glad that many of you were patient!

Thank you for staying with me until the very end!! <3 <3

~JenJen