Taken [unedited]

Mr. Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai nervously reached for his phone. Only then did he realize how shaky he actually was. His mind was, only now, slowly returning after his state of shock.

Clicking emergency, he quickly held the phone up to his ear. His free hand caressed your cheek as he tried to calm you down. You stopped screaming and slowly looked up at him. Your body was uncontrollably shaking as you continued to quietly sob and hiccup in his arms.

"Yes, I have an emergency." Kai spoke impatiently into the phone. 

You slowly hopped off of his lap and kneeled by her unmoving body. You looked down at her wrists and saw the deep gashes that were pouring out blood. You noticed further up her arm the cuts that were slowly healing and sighed sadly. This was going on for a long time and you weren't even aware. 

*I failed as a friend..*    

"Okay.. Yes.." Kai kneeled beside you and slowly placed his hand on her neck, checking for a pulse. You looked up at Kai, waiting for some sort of reaction. There was some hope growing inside of you, that, that just maybe, she was still alive. 

Kai's eyes suddenly widened and he moved his hand a little. He glanced at you and you could see a sparkle in his eyes. 

"She has a pulse." He stated. But you could see he was saying it more to you rather then the person over the phone.

You turned to her body and watched her closely. She was so pale and tired looking. Was she really alive? You suddenly recognized her chest moving up and down as she breathed. You hadn't noticed it until now. 

Sirens were suddenly heard from outside on the street and Kai stood up. He hung up the phone and quickly ran out of the apartment. 

You stayed where you were. Unable to do anything but watch your friends helplessly, praying that she will be okay. 

The paramedics quickly arrived and Kai helped you up off the ground and moved you aside for the doctors to do their work. 

"Please be okay.." 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

It was now the early hours of the morning and the two of you just returned. Kai lead you upstairs and prepared the bed for you to rest in. He carefully stacked all of your books onto the desk. You were too exhausted to change into fresh clothes. 

Suddenly the bedroom door opened and Mrs. Kim stood there. 

"What happened?" She asked worriedly when she saw how horrible you looked. 

"Ah... It's a long story.." Kai placed the blankets over you and you turned over on your side, digging your face under the blankets. He quickly walked out of the room with his mother and shut the door behind him. They both walked down stairs and he grabbed a glass of milk for himself. 

Mrs. Kim was getting impatient and nudged her sons shoulder. He sighed before taking a seat at the table, and she followed. Sitting beside him. 

"Sung Min.. Her friend.. Tried to commit suicide." He began. Mrs. Kim gasped in horror and held her sons hand comfortingly.

"Will she be alright?" 

"The doctor said she will have to stay for awhile. She lost a lot of blood.. She hasn't even woken up yet. They said.. There is a chance of brain damage too.." Kai explained quietly. 

"Oh dear.." Mrs Kim quickly wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly. She could see he was on the verge of tears and patted his back softly. 

"You should of called.. I was worried sick." Mrs. Kim sighed, glad her only son and you were perfectly safe. 

"I'm sorry." Kai replied quietly. 

A silence came over the two and Kai wasn't sure whether now was a good time to ask about his father. It had been so long since he had seen him and he was getting curious as to what happened to him. 

"You didn't have a meeting tonight?" He asked, easing into the hard topic. 

"No I didn't. I came home early hoping to spend some time with you two kids, but you weren't here." Mrs. Kim smiled and hit his shoulder gently. 

"Ah sorry.." Kai smiled and rubbed his shoulder, acting like her hit actually had hurt him. 

The short silence returned and Kai prepared to bring up the dreaded topic. He hated the fact that he was actually worrying about that father of his. After all he had done to him and his mother over the years, and then to you, he wondered why he was even bothering to waste his time talking about him. 

"Mum.. About dad.. Where-?" Kai spoke slowly and Mrs. Kim quickly cut him off. She knew he was struggling to speak from just the thought of her husband. 

"He's in America." She answered with a chuckle. But Kai could hear the sadness in her voice.

"For how long?" He asked worriedly. Was he returning soon?

"At least another month." She shrugged.

"A whole month?!" Kai exclaimed. He slapped his hand over his mouth immediately and glanced out into the hall, praying that he didn't wake you. 

"Yeah.. Business." She laughed and stood up. 

Kai watched her closely as she began to tidy up the equipment on the benches, that were already neatly placed in their spots. She returned to the table, only to grab his empty glass and quickly returned to the kitchen. She turned the warm water on, grabbed a sponge and squeezed a small amount of dish washing liquid onto the sponge.  

Kai sighed sadly and looked down at his hands. He hated seeing his mother this way. Growing up, this was the only side he saw from her when his father wasn't around. His father was never around, and over time it's been slowly breaking her heart.

She began to scrub the glass roughly. Desperately trying to remove something that wasn't even there. Kai slowly stood up and walked behind her. He gently placed a hand on her shoulder and she stopped scrubbing. She looked up from the glass and into the white tiles in front of her. 

"I'll finish that. Go get some sleep." Kai said, gently pushing her aside. 

She dropped the glass in the water and dried her hands with the towel on the bench. She smiled up at her son and got onto her tip toes. Kai bent down when he noticed his mother reaching up for him. He chuckled lightly when she finally reached him. She kissed him on the cheek and smiled gratefully.

"You're such an angel." She said before leaving the room, heading upstairs to her bedroom. 

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

You jumped up from your slumber with wide eyes. Your face was pale and sweat was dripping down your whole body. You turned and noticed you were in bed with Kai sleeping soundly beside you. You turned and looked at the window, but immediately squinted your eyes. 

*It must be close to midday.* You thought to yourself.

You sighed in relief and held your hand over your chest. Your heart was pounding hard up against your rib cage, you thought it was going to explode.

"It was only a dream.. It was only a dream." You whispered to yourself. 

You had the same dream again tonight and you began to worry. What did it mean? Why was it Kris? Why not someone who hated you, that would make more sense. Or.. Did Kris hate you? Your mind was beginning to run in circles so you decided to take a shower and freshen yourself up.

 

Once you were done showering you stood in front of the mirror in nothing but your underwear. You looked at yourself closely then at the door. You wondered what it was that he found attractive. With so many cuts and bruises over your body you found it hard to believe. 

You sighed and began to dress. You changed into knee length shorts and a large t-shirt. You decided to tie your long hair up into a bun. The weather was warming up quickly with summer approaching and your long hair got bothersome. You had debated many times whether to cut it all off, as short as a boy's.

"Guys have it so easy." You said as you squeezed some toothpaste onto your toothbrush. 

 

When you were done in the bathroom, you quietly opened the bathroom door and peaked inside. Kai was already awake. He was leaning his back against the head board as he played around with his phone. 

"Took your time." He said without look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter