Suspicious [unedited]

Mr. Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai POV 

I've been searching for Hyo Jin for over an hour now, but still there was no sign of her or those two idiots. They better not have hurt her, or I will kill them with my own two hands. 

I wasn't happy about her teaming up with those two, if I had just been one step ahead of them she would be teamed up with me right now and she would be safe. But no, she's out in the dangerous mountain side missing. Knowing her she would be terrified..

"Hyo Jin!!" I called out loudly. It echoed in the distance. I stood still, hoping to hear a reply, but there was none. I sighed and continued my way down the mountain.

*Don't worry.. I'm coming..*      


~ ~ ~ ~ 


Meanwhile.. 


"Wow! This is great!" Lay exclaimed happily as he munched on the chocolate bar.

"I know! See, it is important for emergencies." You smiled proudly.

"I'm so glad I carried this all the way up here." Lay smiled back as he took another bite.

"It was supposed to be shared between everyone.. But oh well." You shrugged and opened a new packet of M&M's. 

Once you both had finished everything up, silence came. It wasn't awkward, but it wasn't comfortable either. You turned to Lay and saw him in deep thoughts. It almost seemed like he had something to say to you. 

Minute after minute passed and Tao still hadn't returned with help. You grew worried about his safety now. 

"What if Tao is stuck in a ditch somewhere too..?" You asked quietly as you looked up at the sky.

"I doubt that. And if he is, us three have really bad luck." He chuckled. You smiled and leaned back, closing your eyes. You were bored out of your mind and your hands were throbbing. You looked down at them and sighed, they looked gross so you pressed them together again.

*I hope it doesn't get infected..* You had washed it out with the bottle of water you had carried up, but it didn't do much help. 

 "Hyo Jin.. What happened to you..?" Lay asked quietly as he turned to look at you.

"Happened to me?" You asked confused.

"Yeah.. Back in Australia." The memory of you being dragged away from Kris in the woman's bathroom that night came flashing back. You sighed and looked away. 

"You already know." 

"I know you were hit by a car.. But that's all Kris told us guys. What happened..? Why were you out on the street so late at night?" Lay asked curiously. *Looking for Kris..* You thought.

"I don't remember." You replied.

"You don't remember anything?" *I wish I didn't..*

"Nope." You really didn't want to talk about this right now.

"You know.. Kris liked you a lot.. And he still does." 

"I know." *Of course I know..*

"Do you still like him..?" *I knew it. I knew he was going to ask that..* You sighed.

"Yes." 

"Is it the same as it was a year ago?" 

"I don't know." 

"You don't know?" Lay asked confused.

"Yes. I don't know. I can't remember."

"But you remember him though?" Lay was obviously getting confused and it would only make him ask more questions. You knew this topic wasn't going to drop anytime soon. 

"I remember him.. But not the feeling. I don't remember my feelings for him. I don't remember.." You eyes began to tear up. *Aish! What am I saying..? And why am I telling Lay? He can't help me.* 

"Does Kris know this..?" You thought for a minute before shaking your head. You and Kris haven't exactly gotten the chance to talk about such things. 

"About Kai..-" Lay began, but you cut him off. *Why is he so suspicious of Kai and I?!* 

"I don't want to talk about him." You replied coldly.

"But-." 

"No. I said I don't want to talk about him, so can you just drop it?" You were irritated and turned away from him. 

"Okay.. I'm sorry." Lay didn't want to push you anymore.

*Why am I getting so worked up about this..?* You were confused and worried. You didn't understand why you had just cut Lay off like that from the mention of Kai. 

"Hyo Jin!" A voice echoed from the distance. You and Lay's eyes shot up. You both stayed silent, waiting to hear the voice again. 

"Hyo Jin!" The voice called again, closer this time. Your eyes widened when you recognized the voice. 

*Kai..* You smiled.

"Kai!" You called back as you stumbled to get up. But suddenly Lay grabbed your shirt, pulling on you to sit back down. You turned and saw the seriousness in his eyes. You sighed and sat back down, impatiently waiting for Kai to appear above. You heard his footsteps coming towards the opening of the shaft. 

"Hyo Jin!" He called again. Obviously unsure of where your voice had called from.

"Kai! We are down here!" You shouted. Kai quickly ran over and poked his head over. His eyes widened at the sight. 

"Are you alright?!" Kai stared at the two of you. You both nodded. Kai bent down and reached out his hand, "Here. Grab on." 

"But Lay can't stand." You turned to Lay in worry then back up at Kai. 

"Just grab on. The others will see us soon." Kai Insisted. You thought for a moment before looking down at Lay, you didn't want to leave him alone. He just nodded his head, telling you to go. You sighed and grabbed onto Kai's strong hands. 

You immediately yanked your hand back. You pouted as you saw your palms. You looked up at Kai, "I can't.." 

Kai saw your hands and was worried about what had happened to you while his eyes weren't on you all this time, he thought for a moment before nodding his head in agreement with himself.

"I'll hold your wrists." He reached out his hands and you allowed him to grab them both. You tightly squeezed your fists and pushed yourself off the ground. Kai pulled you up, once you were close enough, he let go of one of your wrists and placed his hand onto your thigh, jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter